Friedman: Ilya Mikheyev requests a trade

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
That literally makes no sense on any front. He’s their most physical and best pk d. He’s had a few injuries but aside from that his game is pretty safe to age well?

It’s a very weird take out of left field. Someone like rielly would be much more likely given they have young puck movers coming up behind him in Dermott, Sandin and Liljegren. If they moved Muzzin the d Corp is buttery soft.
Sorry still not high on the team after last season's loss
Let's say this season is an utter disaster like it could potentially become.
And we start a retool or rebuild whatever it's not IMPOSSIBLE to happen lol
Didn't come on here to create a shit show argument just a bad feeling that is all.
Mikheyev asking for a trade now too I mean our depth doesnt need to take anymore hits.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Sorry still not high on the team after last season's loss
Let's say this season is an utter disaster like it could potentially become.
And we start a retool or rebuild whatever it's not IMPOSSIBLE to happen lol
Didn't come on here to create a shit show argument just a bad feeling that is all.
Mikheyev asking for a trade now too I mean our depth doesnt need to take anymore hits.
I’ve never said I was high on the team either. I’m just saying, that trade is extremely unlikely to happen and an unreasonable fear lol

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Goaltending is certainly part of the game. Unfortunately every single other position was outplayed by the leafs. Carey price won you that series. And he’s been <.910 the last 2 regular seasons. Better hope playoff price shows up or you’re in big trouble.

If you didn’t have Nylander it would have been over in like 5. Corey Perry outscored Matthews and Marner combined. Stop thinking you outplayed the Habs, it’ll be easier for you to heal those wounds.

Reactions: jfhabs

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
If you didn’t have Nylander it would have been over in like 5. Corey Perry outscored Matthews and Marner combined. Stop thinking you outplayed the Habs, it’ll be easier for you to heal those wounds.
What a ridiculously stupid take.

Game 2 (5-1 Leafs) - Nylander 2 points
Game 3 (2-1 Leafs) - Nylander 1 point
Game 4 (4-0 Leafs) - Nylander 1 point

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Wat. I mean I am not in the game of discrediting wins. Whatever reason the Habs won...they won doesn't matter if it was because of the goalie or the mascot. But having said that there is no world the series is over in 5 games for the Habs lol get a grip. Nylander could have been sitting on a beach somewhere and the Leafs still win game 2 and 4.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
He might want that. We don't know what his role will be.
Well we don’t know what role he will have, but he does. And he knows the defensive role he plays will not earn the bigger dollar contract he hopes for. So he wants to go to a team where he can play a role with better opportunities to be in an offensive role. Imo this is about his next contract.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I’ve never said I was high on the team either. I’m just saying, that trade is extremely unlikely to happen and an unreasonable fear lol
Not really worried it happens. I just think if we get to the point where we start moving one of the big 4. anything is possible. ya know what I mean. there's a high very high chance we see Muzzin finish his contract and I wont be upset. going back I'd make that trade again and bring him in.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Maybe Mikheyev believes he can be better for the team playing top six and PP minutes than just the defensive role he has currently? He is more of a 200 foot player than a guy like Nylander, isn’t he?

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Well we don’t know what role he will have, but he does. And he knows the defensive role he plays will not earn the bigger dollar contract he hopes for. So he wants to go to a team where he can play a role with better opportunities to be in an offensive role. Imo this is about his next contract.
That is the role he has been playing, but likely he has an idea of what he will be expected to do. I wonder if he still wants to be traded.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Sounds like a guy who wants s more money, and knows that can’t happen in TO.
Well if he was smart. He’d play out the year and rack up points with Toronto’s offence. But even then he still won’t put up many points. Hope I’m wrong though as he did have a good first season.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Uh oh. I struck a nerve. Sorry man. Not trying to get you riled up, but every metric from goals scored to shots to play driving statistics and everything in between indicates the leafs shouldn’t have lost that series. But leafs are gonna leafs, and they ultimately lost and that’s the way it goes. But please don’t patronize us with your hot take of they wouldn’t have won if not for Nylander. Hilarious.

Oh and by the way, here’s a fun fact of the games montreal won:
Carey price had 1 game with a .875 save percentage that was his only game that was sub .914 that they won. Aside from that, Carey price rocked a save percentage of .945 in Montreals wins. Which is exceptional. He was awesome.

You know he won you multiple series, even if you don’t want to admit it. That’s why you’re upset at my comment. He literally dragged your non playoff team to the finals.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Uh oh. I struck a nerve. Sorry man. Not trying to get you riled up, but every metric from goals scored to shots to play driving statistics and everything in between indicates the leafs shouldn’t have lost that series. But leafs are gonna leafs, and they ultimately lost and that’s the way it goes. But please don’t patronize us with your hot take of they wouldn’t have won if not for Nylander. Hilarious.

Carey price had 1 game with a .875 save percentage that was his only game that was sub .914 that they won. Aside from that, Carey price rocked a save percentage of .945 in Montreals wins. Which is exceptional. He was awesome.

You know he won you multiple series, even if you don’t want to admit it. That’s why you’re upset at my comment. He literally dragged your non playoff team to the finals.

Why would I be upset at your comment? I don’t care what the reason is for the win, we won.Seems like we struck a nerve since you decided to take time to write a novel about it.

And now the only good LW on the Leafs has asked for a trade, so I get why you’re even more upset.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Why would I be upset at your comment? I don’t care what the reason is for the win, we won.Seems like we struck a nerve since you decided to take time to write a novel about it.

And now the only good LW on the Leafs has asked for a trade, so I get why you’re even more upset.
Care to address the actual content of my message? Inconvenient for your argument, huh?

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015

Sweet, now do Campbell’s save percentage in the leafs wins…

Reactions: jfhabs

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
He is not asking for a trade currently
Conversation
Lance Hornby
@sunhornby
Agent Daniel Milstein is not commenting this morning on a report from
@FriedgeHNIC
that Ilya Mikheyev requested a trade at the end of last season, but was then assured by the Leafs he remains a big part of their '21-22 plans.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

Mikheyev isn't really that good, and if he was he would have scored in Game 5 in the last ten seconds with an open net that would have ended the series.

And he didn't request a trade "now", it was at the end of the season and then he was told he had a role to play here. At least try to keep up instead of twisting it the way you want it.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Sure bud, the leafs 'outplayed' the habs and you 'won' the series, just like you 'won' this argument... :laugh:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

You made the dumbest hot take in this entire thread and are trying to dunk on people. It is cute. Go for a lap and try again later.

Reactions: The90

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Sure bud, the leafs 'outplayed' the habs and you 'won' the series, just like you 'won' this argument... :laugh:
He didn't say the Leafs won the series. He pretty clearly said the Habs won. Try to keep up.

Also funny that everyone whines about all the Leafs talk on these forums, but then a super trivial and irrelevant topic generates 7 pages of chatter primarily from Habs fans.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
He didn't say the Leafs won the series. He pretty clearly said the Habs won. Try to keep up.

Also funny that everyone whines about all the Leafs talk on these forums, but then a super trivial and irrelevant topic generates 7 pages of chatter primarily from Habs fans.
Hey man, let me have a little fun!

The90

Feb 27, 2017
The leafs never won the series? They lost? What is this? I never pretended the leafs won. I know damn well they lost. But it is possible to be the better team and lose. Happens every year to various teams. The last couple years it’s been the leafs.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad