Friedman: Ilya Mikheyev requests a trade

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Show me the quote where it says 'Mikhayev asked for a trade because ______'

Both the trade request and the reason for it are speculation that neither Mikeheyev nor his agent have commented on, they carry the same weight.

david999

Jan 21, 2011
Don’t believe this one. Leafs and Dubis went out of there way to treat him well, during and after his injury. He liked it in Toronto according to his agent, and is probably going to get more playing time with elite players due to the left wing situation.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Why doesn't he want to play there? What kind of trade would Toronto be looking for with him? Hockey trade 1 for 1 probably considering the comment on why they wouldn't want to do it.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Why doesn't he want to play there? What kind of trade would Toronto be looking for with him? Hockey trade 1 for 1 probably considering the comment on why they wouldn't want to do it.

Doesn't like being played on the checking line instead of in the top 6 like he was last season.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
God I am going to be so insufferable after reading the same tired chirps when we win a round in a few decades.

You don’t have to worry about chirps after you beat your own zamboni driver… rule changed so Leafs will forever be 0-1 against their own staff member.

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
Honestly I don't like Dubas but this is great, this is what teams need to do to prevent this shit becoming like the NBA. Don't give in, you signed a contract, either sit at home and make no money or play.

The problem is that you want players that want to be there. Unhappy players are bad for morale and this translates to on ice play. Dubas has talent but needs to build a “team”. Give play time to players that want to play and get a replacement. I get trades can’t be done immediately but IMO a good GM would aim to swap him for a replacement.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Something is really wrong in Toronto.

And 50% of the salary attached to 5 players is nit the whole story. But I bet it is a motor in whats makes it toxic.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Doesn't like being played on the checking line instead of in the top 6 like he was last season.
I don't even get the sense of it being a "didn't like"
All indications from Ilya up to this are that he's enjoyed it all

I think he just wants to lock in a higher spot to raise his value as he head's into free agency. This is pretty much his one and only chance to get a payday. He knows it's not coming from Toronto, good relationship there or not, and he's betting on himself that if he can get top ice time he can raise his value

Reactions: Fatass

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
Out of curiosity, how many years in a row can the "better team" lose before you realize that maybe you're just grossly over estimating the team?

Not sure, but when we get there I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks

horner

May 22, 2007
If true get back to scoring the way you did before your injury .
I love how you can fly on the ice but that's about it, maybe hit someone with your 6'4" frame.
Then at the deadline we will trade you but you have to do your part.

But

I bet if you start scoring all those rumors will go away.

Reactions: teddygmr

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Mikheyev + 4th rounder for Lawson Crouse.
I wouldn’t make that deal from a Yotes perspective. Crouse is younger, less expensive, more years of control and has a skill set that is very hard to find (size with great skating). I don’t see the incentive a late 4th rounder?

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
He really hasn’t been the same after his injury. I am hoping he can bounce back, even if it’s not with the leafs. He seems like a good guy. Toronto isn’t a great fit right now though, as he’s quickly falling off the depth chart. I personally prefer Engvall to him.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
If he does have a good season with the leafs they won’t be able to afford him as he is a UFA and will walk. I’m guessing he’s a place holder for this season and hopefully Robertson is ready next season.

if he has a bad season they let him walk. He’s depth for them this season. I don’t think his value around the league is worth it for Toronto to trade him.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
5mh983.jpg
Campbell_Company_of_Canada_Campbell_s_becomes_the_official_soup.jpg

no-soup-for-nvrgjp.jpg

Think he'd be equally upset if it were soup

The90

Feb 27, 2017
I don't even get the sense of it being a "didn't like"
All indications from Ilya up to this are that he's enjoyed it all

I think he just wants to lock in a higher spot to raise his value as he head's into free agency. This is pretty much his one and only chance to get a payday. He knows it's not coming from Toronto, good relationship there or not, and he's betting on himself that if he can get top ice time he can raise his value
Hard to argue that isn’t it? You really only get a small limited window to cash in. At the end of the day it’s a business.

Reactions: uncleben

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Ritchie will stand on the first line with matthews and marner. Defending them like a true soulja.

Bunting might challenge on that spot, but likely ends up with tavares nore kämph.

Robertson if kills at camp, might have a small chance.

Mikheyev and kase will play in the dirty third line. Mikheyev, maybe with tavares at times and kase also might get some quality time with tavares and nylander. Kase will never play with matthews and marner, they are already soft as tender barbies even without kase's tender ass. Ritchie and Bunting were gotten for the exact reason. To go to war instead of matthews or marner. They finna fill that spot. Hard.

Mikheyev ain't gon do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad