Igor Larionov to Edmonton (Re: Yakupov) - Part II

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
As a 17 year old, Yak couldn't even really string two english words together haha.

Didn't you see his "We win Canada" interview from the WJCs?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Agents vouch for their players, it's in their job description. Larionov has to handle Yak more aggressively because Yak is one of his highest potential dividends given the #1 overall status. Contracts are not the only topics of conversation between a team and an agent, this is not out of the ordinary.

The problem here is Larionov went public with it. You can blame the messenger in Custance, but clearly Larionov is at fault for opening his mouth when this kind of stuff should've been kept behind the scenes.

Yakupov is getting a lot of undeserved heat based on the way tools like Rishaug and Gregor are spinning this. Unfortunately, Yak has been the scapegoat this season for the coach.

Accountability is just a word in Eakins knows, there's zero weight on actually following through on keeping every player in check. A team with a 4-13-2 record and the only forward getting benched is Yakupov? Adds up... 15 loss in 19 games... must be that Nail kids fault.

Eberle, Hemsky, Hall, Nuge have all been giving the puck up to the opposition directly leading to goals against. Not once have they been benched even in-game. I thouhgt it didn't matter whether you were 30 or 20, a veteran, rookie or sophomore, if you ohn't compete, you're not going to play? Yet lazy irresponsible plays are only punished when Yakupov commits them?

You blame the players for those plays. You blame the coach for not doing anytihng about it. Eakins is messing up, and he deserves criticism for it.

Same token, a lot of players need to wake the **** up. Nail is one of them. But he's one of plenty.

Everybody is on a different page of the same effing **** joke of a book.

Why do people always assume the closed doors approach is right and speaking out is wrong?

At what point is public action and speaking out required?

This is a worse org than blackberry. So hard questions are going to be asked, should be asked, and I daresay should be public at this stage.

We're reaching the point again where shareholders (i.e. the fans) have probably earned some more openness on what the hell is happening with this sorry club and why.

Speaking out serves a purpose and is a form of leadership if one is dealing with gross incompetence in an org which is very likely the case here.

Yak, a value asset of immense value, is informing his org what he needs. He's a highly accomplished best in the world for his draft year player that presumably knows something about hockey and success. So listen to him. Don't treat him like a dumb kid that should shut up and do what he's told.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Just was pointing out that his personality hasnt always been roses. I like his personality, but there has been the bad question asked about it in the past. I ignored it at the time.

if I grew up in Russia my personality wouldn't be roses. No offense intended to anybody.

My personality isn't roses as it is..:laugh:

Who here is a rose? ;)

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
Why do people always assume the closed doors approach is right and speaking out is wrong?

At what point is public action and speaking out required?

This is a worse org than blackberry. So hard questions are going to be asked, should be asked, and I daresay should be public at this stage.

We're reaching the point again where shareholders (i.e. the fans) have probably earned some more openness on what the hell is happening with this sorry club and why.

Speaking out serves a purpose and is a form of leadership if one is dealing with gross incompetence in an org which is very likely the case here.

Yak, a value asset of immense value, is informing his org what he needs. He's a highly accomplished best in the world for his draft year player that presumably knows something about hockey and success. So listen to him. Don't treat him like a dumb kid that should shut up and do what he's told.

I agree with you, Replacement (shocking, yes). But it shouldn't be at Yak. It should be at MacT, at Lowe, at Katz.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
Terry Jones @sunterryjones
Lots of Yakupov words today but what I heard without the quote marks was "play me or trade me"

Cam Charron @camcharron
I guess when compiling quotes it's easier to write a story by reporting 'what you wish somebody said' and not 'what somebody said'

DING DING DING.
Amazing how the Edmonton MSM are just ignoring their mentions tonight. I know I've gone at few tonight (and with nothing nasty) and just getting completely ignored

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
If Yak wants more icetime he'll just have to earn it.

By making more toe drags.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
if I grew up in Russia my personality wouldn't be roses. No offense intended to anybody.

My personality isn't roses as it is..:laugh:

Who here is a rose? ;)

images

Xentrillix

Jan 9, 2013
Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 1h
Pretty sure Montreal believes it got the better Sarnia Sting junior. Sure looks like they were right.

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 1h
Oilers made mistake drafting Yakupov. But that's done. They've got to hope he'll fit in a team concept or move him while his value is high.

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 1h
There's a reason, folks, the Sarnia Sting weren't upset when Nail Yakupov didn't return during the lockout last year.

this guy knows it all

Citrus Fruits

Oct 6, 2013
Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 1h
Pretty sure Montreal believes it got the better Sarnia Sting junior. Sure looks like they were right.

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 1h
Oilers made mistake drafting Yakupov. But that's done. They've got to hope he'll fit in a team concept or move him while his value is high.

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 1h
There's a reason, folks, the Sarnia Sting weren't upset when Nail Yakupov didn't return during the lockout last year.

this guy knows it all

Damien Cox is a fool. One of the most useless people in sports media.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Damien Cox, biggest idiot in the business. Sixty games into their careers and Montreal got the better player. :laugh:

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 1h

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 1h

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 1h

this guy knows it all
Damien Cox is a proven idiot. He broke the story that Pat Burns had died except for one minor detail - he hadn't.

Yakupov murdered four reporters after the video ended.
I had those same thoughts when I watched that scrum.

cyril*

Damien Cox also thought Jeff Skinner was a better pick than Taylor Hall during their rookie years (because Skinner had more points at the time).

Pay no attention to that fool.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
So if Larinov did the right thing like most think here, by protecting his client why the hell didnt he do that today??!?!!?!?

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
What an utter lack of leadership displayed by this organization.

For Hebert to throw that kid out to the wolves in that PC is disgraceful.

I thought he handled himself well. Yes, he needs to be accountable for his play - to the team, not a bunch of rabid reporters smelling blood.

Rishaug is a jerk. TSN was obviously the lead outlet on the questioning, and Rishaug tried hitting a home run with it.

I listened to the interviews MacTavish gave after the Smid trade. What a joke. Softballs and muffins tossed up by every reporter covering the team.

I agree, this is likely the only organization in the league that can get to ruin a talented skilled teenager's carrer., get the **** out while you still can Yakupov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad