Igor Larionov to Edmonton (Re: Yakupov) - Part II

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Anyone else remember Sam Gagner being punted to the 4th line by Pat Quinn? Anyone else remember how he responded, and ended back up in the top 6?

One of these is not like the other (apparently) in how they conduct themselves and how they face the challenges put in front of them.

:nod:

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Anyone else remember Sam Gagner being punted to the 4th line by Pat Quinn? Anyone else remember how he responded, and ended back up in the top 6?

One of these is not like the other (apparently) in how they conduct themselves and how they face the challenges put in front of them.

And it's 2013 and Gagner is still playing like ****....

Neatman

Mar 9, 2011
Just finished watching the media scrum

holy tension batman (Yak scrum)

I was incredibly frustrated after watching that because you know those guys wouldn't ask Eakins or management any questions nearly as tough.

They zeroed in on exactly what made Yakupov most comfortable, and asked him over and over again (basically, did he whine to Larionov to change things and did he deserve more icetime). Shameful to see they don't mind grilling a 20 year old on this, but cant hold veterans or management to account.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Gregor's right though, Yak isn't a good skater

He is a good skater, he's just not a fluid one. He gets the most speed out of his style of skating, which is really choppy. His edges are great, and his east/west lateral movement is impeccable.

Just saying, "He's not a good skater," is exactly what I would expect out of Gregor.

.. Because Gregor is a moron.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada

Hopefully Yak will drop the mitts with somebody in response to this challenge.:help:

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton

You think Pat Quinn would've benched Yakupov after he scored that goal last game?

Neatman

Mar 9, 2011

Ya, if we're lucky Yakupov will turn out just like Gagner, a player widely parodied throughout hfboards :laugh:

The sad thing is, I actually like Gagner.

Once again, I have to point out that Yakupov has been grinding it out and improving his game, yet no one seems to notice... probably because he keeps getting less minutes....

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Yakupov is one of our best skaters on the team. After Hall, he might be second best. He easily has the best agility and he can turn on a dime better than Hall can.

CorpseFX

Feb 9, 2007
Milwaukee
Gregor's right though, Yak isn't a good skater

neither is Hall. his balance is horrendous. theyre both fast and erratic.

what did Gregor the genius say about that?

you could literally make up critical LOLZ about every player on this team. saying he isnt a "good" skater is bullcrap tactics.

CorpseFX

Feb 9, 2007
Milwaukee

hahah remember how bad Gagner has been for 6, going on 7, seasons at faceoffs, defensive zone coverage and showing any form of offensive dominance for a finesse player?

bring a better example next time for gettiing over adversity.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Yakupov is one of our best skaters on the team. After Hall, he might be second best. He easily has the best agility and he can turn on a dime better than Hall can.

Fast doesn't equal best.

Yakupov is likely our second fastest skater, or actually, maybe our third behind Hall and Eager. Best skaters though? Nah.

IMO, RNH and Petry are our best overall skaters. Best lateral movements, great top speed, good control, great balance, and amazing edges.

McSaviour

Mar 6, 2013
Edmonton

When Yak enters the zone then slams on the brakes then shifts left to right (facing far side boards) and the defender over skates him every time gets me exited every time

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
What an utter lack of leadership displayed by this organization.

For Hebert to throw that kid out to the wolves in that PC is disgraceful.

I thought he handled himself well. Yes, he needs to be accountable for his play - to the team, not a bunch of rabid reporters smelling blood.

Rishaug is a jerk. TSN was obviously the lead outlet on the questioning, and Rishaug tried hitting a home run with it.

I listened to the interviews MacTavish gave after the Smid trade. What a joke. Softballs and muffins tossed up by every reporter covering the team.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Gagner played less than 13 minutes/game twice that season. The 1st game and the 56th game.

It isn't even comparable.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Though Yak got himself into this it is messed up how the media worked him over. No way they ask crap like this to anyone else on the team including coaching and management.

Real BS. MacT should have been there to control the situation no question.

Yak is a goner.

McSaviour

Mar 6, 2013
Edmonton
What an utter lack of leadership displayed by this organization.

For Hebert to throw that kid out to the wolves in that PC is disgraceful.

I thought he handled himself well. Yes, he needs to be accountable for his play - to the team, not a bunch of rabid reporters smelling blood.

Rishaug is a jerk. TSN was obviously the lead outlet on the questioning, and Rishaug tried hitting a home run with it.

I listened to the interviews MacTavish gave after the Smid trade. What a joke. Softballs and muffins tossed up by every reporter covering the team.

When Rishaug said something along the lines of.. Did you know that going public would turn in to a huge story. He also said it in the most patronizing tone I've ever heard since I was a 6 year old. All of his questions the only possible answers were to be negative which is also stupid. What a joke of a scrum to put him in, and where's Ference to be a leader

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad