Igor Larionov to Edmonton (Re: Yakupov) - Part II

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
No, Yak brought this on himself by first playing poorly this season, and second, by having his agent fly in and fight his battles for him. He has to deal with it. He has to answer the tough questions from the media.

so has hall, rhn, eberle, ganer schultz etc/., why are they never put in a position to answer the TOUGH questions, and they can communicate fairly well in the English language, may I add

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
You know out of this what I want?

For us to stop being the god damn New York Jets of the NHL. All this media circus is mind numbing.

We are an exceptionally bad NHL team. We're on pace to give up more than 300 goals this season, averaging 4 GA. We can't score for jack. Our PP and PK look Latvia hockey league standard. We can't defend at all and leave people open in the slot atleast 4 times a game. Our offensive system consists mostly of toe drags and drop passes. We routinely get bullied by opposition teams and don't back each other up because we lack the necessary back bone. We don't even give 100% every game.

The last thing, the absolute last thing this ****ing team needs is another distraction that could cause our play to drop to even more horrific levels. I don't care who's fault it is, I don't care who has to swallow their pride, I honestly don't give a **** who's ego has to be deflated, kill this story. Squish it. Patch it up. Come out with some PR assembled ******** and end it. Do not become the New York Jets of the NHL with regards to media circus'.

For ****ing once can we have some pride in this organization? God forbid I know it's been a long time since we fought for the crest in the front, but can we just do it this once?

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Finally got to watch the video. Basically, Yakupov loves the team, and wants to help us win, doesn't want out, and our media is a bunch of *******s

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 1h
Pretty sure Montreal believes it got the better Sarnia Sting junior. Sure looks like they were right.

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 1h
Oilers made mistake drafting Yakupov. But that's done. They've got to hope he'll fit in a team concept or move him while his value is high.

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 1h
There's a reason, folks, the Sarnia Sting weren't upset when Nail Yakupov didn't return during the lockout last year.

this guy knows it all

Are you missing the :sarcasm: emoticon? 'Cause Damien Cox is a tool.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Proof? Why would Mact throw the kid out to the wolves in this situation created by his agent in the first place?

I doubt MacT had anything to do with the Yakupov press conference today.

I would bet real money that MacT talked to Igor today and told him to shut his mouth and stop exacerbating problems because it's painfully obvious the team has enough issues without him lobbing grenades into the mix.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
So if Larinov did the right thing like most think here, by protecting his client why the hell didnt he do that today??!?!!?!?

If Larionov was up there I imagine there would be 100 posts up here saying Yak needed Larionov babysitting etc.

In a way I like that Yak did this and it shows a lot. It would be hard for any of us to withstand what Yak did there.

he didn't have to talk, a lot of players wouldn't and don't.

leadership is standing up to be counted sometimes. Yak did his piece for sure. I'm still waiting for some player leadership on this club to step in and frame some support for a team mate. Anybody wonder where that is?

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains

I would bet real money that MacT talked to Igor today and told him to shut his mouth and stop exacerbating problems because it's painfully obvious the team has enough issues without him lobbing grenades into the mix.

So this brings me to the question I have asked!! Why did they let him talk today? Did the oilers throw him to the wolves or did they try and protect yak and yak chose to talk anyways?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Because an insular collective that has wrecked hockey here for several years doesn't need some **** tossed at it? I welcome it. Recoil, and full blown media ill wind is the only thing thats going to knock over some management trees here. A full blown media typhoon might be just whats needed in that regard. Why does this org keep getting kid gloves when its clear they should be called out nationwide?

Not like management is finding any solutions to suck even if they have peace in their little valhalla.

Management has "exacerbated problems" by gross incompetence. Its about time it gets outed.

Last edited:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

For us to stop being the god damn New York Jets of the NHL. All this media circus is mind numbing.

We are an exceptionally bad NHL team. We're on pace to give up more than 300 goals this season, averaging 4 GA. We can't score for jack. Our PP and PK look Latvia hockey league standard. We can't defend at all and leave people open in the slot atleast 4 times a game. Our offensive system consists mostly of toe drags and drop passes. We routinely get bullied by opposition teams and don't back each other up because we lack the necessary back bone. We don't even give 100% every game.

The last thing, the absolute last thing this ****ing team needs is another distraction that could cause our play to drop to even more horrific levels. I don't care who's fault it is, I don't care who has to swallow their pride, I honestly don't give a **** who's ego has to be deflated, kill this story. Squish it. Patch it up. Come out with some PR assembled ******** and end it. Do not become the New York Jets of the NHL with regards to media circus'.

For ****ing once can we have some pride in this organization? God forbid I know it's been a long time since we fought for the crest in the front, but can we just do it this once?

I love it when other people give the swear filter a good workout. Its good for ya:laugh:

Oct 15, 2008

Lol wut? Mact is going to tell a player's agent to shut his mouth?

Ok then.

That's the end of it.

How anyone can cowtow the company line on this issue is beyond me, after all the fiascos ontop of fiascos. I made that mistake during the Souray garbage, I wont be doing that again anytime soon. These buffoons have long ago used up any shred of credibility they ever had.

And **** the local media. Bunch of lackeys and brown nosers. Ryan Rishaug in particular. Pathetic.

Leave it to these losers to cockup a first overall draft pick who hasnt even played eighty two games yet.

And our dbag owner sits in his penthouse in another city, counting the money that the loyal fans keep showering on his bum**** hockey team.

I shouldve voted for Diotte.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains

Ok then.

That's the end of it.

How anyone can cowtow the company line on this issue is beyond me, after all the fiascos ontop of fiascos. I made that mistake during the Souray garbage, I wont be doing that again anytime soon. These buffoons have long ago used up any shred of credibility they ever had.

And **** the local media. Bunch of lackeys and brown nosers. Ryan Rishaug in particular. Pathetic.

Leave it to these losers to cockup a first overall draft pick who hasnt even played eighty two games yet.

And our dbag owner sits in his penthouse in another city, counting the money that the loyal fans keep showering on his bum**** hockey team.

lol this made me laugh in a big way.

My god this is a gong show

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown

Ok then.

That's the end of it.

So you're swearing off the Oilers for good now?

McArthur

May 26, 2010
Hockey Heart Land
Really? Do you actually believe this?

The kid tries to deke through 4 guys at a time and is -14 on 16 games with limited minutes... that is on pace for -70 on a whole season coming from a player that claims he is doing things right. As is, he's competing against Hemsky/Eberle now, playing the same game that saw ryan jones take away his minutes. But...

We all know he's not that player. But none of us know what player he'll be. and instead of taking his lumps for his -14 and pushing harder, he's complaining. But... If Igor Larionov keeps his mouth shut, a media circus is avoided. If Oiler management gave a flying leap about player development, Nail wouldn't have been crucified by media scum bags. The kid is a raw talent playing in a professional league and shows little polish when faced with adversity for the first time of his career. Handled the interview like a champ. but has dug a hole that I am starting to doubt he can get out of. the only way i'm wrong is if he starts to play a game as "Dynamic" as advertised.

MetaOil1993

Jun 22, 2012
Edmonton

Great post! :handclap: I'm so sick of this circus too.

Oct 15, 2008
So this brings me to the question I have asked!! Why did they let him talk today? Did the oilers throw him to the wolves or did they try and protect yak and yak chose to talk anyways?

Theyve started operation "Poti".

Its their way of painting Nail as the villain so they dont look like the incompetent boobs they really are when the inevitable trade happens. Fans will be begging them to trade Yak for whatever they can get by the end of it and they will be glad they did.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 1h
Pretty sure Montreal believes it got the better Sarnia Sting junior. Sure looks like they were right.

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 1h
Oilers made mistake drafting Yakupov. But that's done. They've got to hope he'll fit in a team concept or move him while his value is high.

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 1h
There's a reason, folks, the Sarnia Sting weren't upset when Nail Yakupov didn't return during the lockout last year.

this guy knows it all

Sorry to come on your board, but Damien Cox is a Russian hating tool.It'll be a great day when someone starts a campaign to get this idiot fired.

He co authored The Ovechkin Project. One game between the Caps/Pens encompasses an entire chapter. Ovechkin's 65 goal Hart trophy winning season? Half a page.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
The kid tries to deke through 4 guys at a time and is -14 on 16 games with limited minutes... that is on pace for -70 on a whole season coming from a player that claims he is doing things right. As is, he's competing against Hemsky/Eberle now, playing the same game that saw ryan jones take away his minutes. But...

We all know he's not that player. But none of us know what player he'll be. and instead of taking his lumps for his -14 and pushing harder, he's complaining. But... If Igor Larionov keeps his mouth shut, a media circus is avoided. If Oiler management gave a flying leap about player development, Nail wouldn't have been crucified by media scum bags. The kid is a raw talent playing in a professional league and shows little polish when faced with adversity for the first time of his career. Handled the interview like a champ. but has dug a hole that I am starting to doubt he can get out of. the only way i'm wrong is if he starts to play a game as "Dynamic" as advertised.

Is he having a harder time dealing with the coaching change from last year than some other players? Yes. Does he lack the talent to play in the top 6, as you mentioned before? No.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Theyve started operation "Poti".

Its their way of painting Nail as the villain so they dont look like the incompetent boobs they really are when the inevitable trade happens. Fans will be begging them to trade Yak for whatever they can get by the end of it and they will be glad they did.

Im really hoping not. I dont doubt it but I think Larionovs airing to the public means its coming from their side.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Why do people always assume the closed doors approach is right and speaking out is wrong?

At what point is public action and speaking out required?

This is a worse org than blackberry. So hard questions are going to be asked, should be asked, and I daresay should be public at this stage.

We're reaching the point again where shareholders (i.e. the fans) have probably earned some more openness on what the hell is happening with this sorry club and why.

Speaking out serves a purpose and is a form of leadership if one is dealing with gross incompetence in an org which is very likely the case here.

Yak, a value asset of immense value, is informing his org what he needs. He's a highly accomplished best in the world for his draft year player that presumably knows something about hockey and success. So listen to him. Don't treat him like a dumb kid that should shut up and do what he's told.

Hey the tough questions should be asked. But do you really think Yak should've been put through the media grind like he was all because his agent leaked this information to the public?

Already our coach has made him to be a scapegoat this year. Larionov just added fuel to the fire with an issue that only causes more rift between player and coach.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
spls.png
spls.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad