Confirmed with Link: Iginla to Pittsburgh!!

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
You simply have no idea what your talking about it is 100% Feaster he asked Iggy which team he wanted he said Pitts.

Iginla has a NMC dude. Feaster downright implied it was Iggys choice when it came down to Pittsburgh or Boston during the presser when he was asked why Pittsburgh over Boston. So yeah I do have an idea.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I'm a Hab fan and from what it sounds like to me, the league should stop this trade. Just disgusting that Iginla would do this to you guys. He's a great player but you guys couldn't even get an elite prospect for Iginla!?!?

Feel really bad for you guys.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Yes you are TSN said that is how it happened.

That deal with Boston was rumoured to be done. The second the Habs - Bruins game finished, Feaster and Weisbrod walked towards their office. Numerous sources out of Boston confirmed the trade. And then, out of the blue, it's Pittsburgh.

The "Hey Iggy where do you want to go?" is not going to be carried out on the day of the trade.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Iginla has a NMC dude. Feaster downright implied it was Iggys choice when it came down to Pittsburgh or Boston. So yeah I do have an idea.

Feaster asked him which 1 of the 3 teams he wanted, he said Pitts, if Feaster had said we only have a trade from Boston then there is no problem this is all on Feaster he choose to let Iginla pick the team instead of doing his dam job.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
If he comes back in July this trade is a win though. We were never gonna be a competive team anymore this year so we get assets and let him go play competively on a very good team. And he could come back to us for free in months.
Give it time before panicking

WhereIsIt

alongtheboards
Jan 21, 2010
Calgary
www.alongtheboards.com
That deal with Boston was rumoured to be done. The second the Habs - Bruins game finished, Feaster and Weisbrod walked towards their office. Numerous sources out of Boston confirmed the trade. And then, out of the blue, it's Pittsburgh.

The "Hey Iggy where do you want to go?" is not going to be carried out on the day of the trade.

Unless Iggy is sitting at home watching Montreal beat them and having second thoughts.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I'm a Hab fan and from what it sounds like to me, the league should stop this trade. Just disgusting that Iginla would do this to you guys. He's a great player but you guys couldn't even get an elite prospect for Iginla!?!?

Feel really bad for you guys.

If the deal was an 11th hour deal done at the deadline, I'd understand.

But picking and choosing is very much the player's right, and if the Flames didn't like the deal, they didn't have to pull the trigger right now. They still have the best part of a week to shop him and get a better package.

Feaster said that they got three offers today during the course of the game - would another GM, unhappy about the deal on the table, not try and leverage what he's getting for a better deal if he doesn't like the one on the table?

There's nothing shady or wrong about this trade at all.

It sucs that Iginla flipped the script last minute, but that's his right, and the Flames didn't have to confirm the deal.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

If Feaster had simply said Iggy we have a trade with Boston are go to go? Then done deal but no he said we have Pitts/Chi/Bos which one do you want? Of course he would pick Pitts this is all on Feaster simply do your job and tell him Boston is the only option.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Feaster asked him which 1 of the 3 teams he wanted, he said Pitts, if Feaster had said we only have a trade from Boston then there is no problem this is all on Feaster he choose to let Iginla pick the team instead of doing his dam job.

Yes. Lie to your franchise player and future HOF player. That's not how it works.

I get that your mad but try to think rationally. We owe Iggy. He has a NMC. If the press got wind Iggy deliberately wasn't given an option it would be a PR **** storm. Especially if Pittsburgh wins the Cup.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
This is ****in crazy :laugh: :cry: :rant: ???

But seriously.. Crazy, and it sounds like Jay and co. were perfectly fine with getting either offer and let Iginla choose.. If you guys want to read more about them, follow Corey Pronman, he had some stuff on them on twitter. Seems like both are almost nhl ready.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Yes. Lie to your franchise player and future HOF player. That's not how it works.

I get that your mad but try to think rationally. We owe Iggy. He has a NMC. If the press got wind Iggy deliberately wasn't given an option it would be a PR **** storm. Especially if Pittsburgh wins the Cup.

It's not lying he knows the 4 teams Iggy said were ok, just tell Iggy only Boston has meet our demands simply as that don't put it on Iggy to pick the best return that isn't his job that is Feaster's and he screwed the pouch.

mjw22

Feb 10, 2012
moosejaw
The deal was done with Boston (did you see Feaster and Weisbrod get up the second their game ended?).

Iginla said no and Feaster implied as much during this presser.

Iginla had a list, and changed it last minute.

maybe IGGY's parting shot at ownership for doing nothing to help him and Kipper win.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Could Feaster have leaked the Boston offer to try and get Pittsburgh to improve their offer?

Clearly it didn't work, unless he got the Pens to upgrade from conditional to unconditional first.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
I prefer the Pitts deal actually. A bunch of people are stating that the Boston 1st was a conditional in 2014, that is just awful. I am not high on khokhlachev either. Iggy has a better chance to win a cup in pittsburgh and they don't have the space to resign him. Iggy has a better chance of coming back after winning a cup with pittsburgh. We essentially get a two free prospects and a 1st if everything works out. God we need another optimism thread.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
It's not lying he knows the 4 teams Iggy said were ok, just tell Iggy only Boston has meet our demands simply as that don't put it on Iggy to pick the best return that isn't his job that is Feaster's and he screwed the pouch.

Feaster got the best return Iggy allowed. I don't see how you don't understand that so I give up trying. If Feaster didn't take the trade with Pittsburgh there is a strong chance Iggy refuses to waive and pulls a Sundin. Ask Leaf fans how that worked out.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
This is ****in crazy :laugh: :cry: :rant: ???

But seriously.. Crazy, and it sounds like Jay and co. were perfectly fine with getting either offer and let Iginla choose.. If you guys want to read more about them, follow Corey Pronman, he had some stuff on them on twitter. Seems like both are almost nhl ready.

Both are projected to be 2 to 3 years away at the very least. And both project to be 2nd or third liners at best. See the tweets he made, retweeted by McKenzie earlier.

This isn't on Feaster, it's on Weisbrod. He's the one who scouted these guys and he's the one who thought they were good enough.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Feaster got the best return Iggy allowed. I don't see how you don't understand that so I give up trying. If Feaster didn't take the trade with Pittsburgh there is a strong chance Iggy refuses to waive and pulls a Sundin. Ask Leaf fans how that worked out.

Not at all, Feaster simply said all 3 teams have good packages which team do you want to play on. It is not Iggy's job to pick the best return that is Feaster's job he should have simply told Iggy that Boston was the only trade he would accept that fit his list.

DouglasQuaid

Blabbed about Mars
May 8, 2010

That's all fine and good, except the whole reason the team is trading him, and he didn't re-sign already, was a chance at the cup. If Iggy thinks he has the best shot with Pittsburgh, he goes to Pittsburgh, and Calgary gets something in return. That's the whole point of a NMC, the player gets to pick where he plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad