Confirmed with Link: Iginla to Pittsburgh!!

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Hopefully Pens are eliminated in the first round, maximizing the value of our pick. Iginla turned the tables on the Flames. That was his right, but I'm miffed.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
incredibly-stupid.gif

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Terrible deal at first glance just for the fact the two NCAA guys are no names. But if Iginla would only waive to go there then maybe feaster had no choice. What's with us and NCAA players? Half the time they never work out anyway.

Edit: I think a lot of people, including myself, need to hear what happened (why the Boston deal fell through) and also who the prospects are before losing it. It's a tough pill to swallow but no other choice.

Numbers

Sep 26, 2011
(phone rings)

"Hey, Feaster. Chiarelli here. I thought about what you said about the Iggy trade, and I agree, we do need to add more. We've got another guy here... Bartkowski."

"No, sorry, not intere- wait, did you say 'owski?!?'"

"Yes, that's correct. Bartkowski. He's basically Bartschi and Jankowski put together... see?"

"My God... you're right. It's done; we'll announce it in the morning."

...time passes....

(phone rings)

"Feaster! Shero here. I heard something about you and Chiarelli making a trade around Bartkowski."

"Well, maybe. No comment."

"Well, I see Chiarelli's 'Bartkowski' and raise you 'Hankowski!'"

"But... Chiarelli told me Bartkowski is Bartschi and Jankowski put together! How could you possibly beat that?"

"Well, Hankowski is a college player, like Jankowski is. Plus, we'll even add in a guaranteed first-rounder! Not conditional! So you could go out and draft another Jankowski in the first round!"

"...consider it done."

~fin~

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
(phone rings)

"Hey, Feaster. Chiarelli here. I thought about what you said about the Iggy trade, and I agree, we do need to add more. We've got another guy here... Bartkowski."

"Yes, that's correct. Bartkowski. He's basically Bartschi and Jankowski put together... see?"

...time passes....

(phone rings)

"Feaster! Shero here. I heard something about you and Chiarelli making a trade around Bartkowski."

"But... Chiarelli told me Bartkowski is Bartschi and Jankowski put together! How could you possibly beat that?"

"Well, Hankowski is a college player, like Jankowski is. Plus, we'll even add in a guaranteed first-rounder! Not conditional! So you could go out and draft another Jankowski in the first round!"

"...consider it done."

~fin~

Or it went:

"Hey Jarome, I have 3 offers on the tab......"

"Only Pittsburg.. kthanksbye"

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Hopefully Pens are eliminated in the first round, maximizing the value of our pick. Iginla turned the tables on the Flames. That was his right, but I'm miffed.

Can't blame Iggy isn't his job to pick the best return he was offered 3 teams and picked the best.

I'm really not sure how I feel about Iginla now.

Why its Feaster's fault, Iginla was asked where he wanted to play I would pick Pitts to why would you blame him its not his job to pick the best return.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Of course Iginla picked the deal...He has a NMC... He has every right to chose where he wants to go.

I don't love the deal, but it's not terrible.

We also don't add any current contracts which gives us more flexibility at the deadline.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
(phone rings)

...time passes....

(phone rings)

"...consider it done."

~fin~

Make sure to fire Feaster before he trades the 4th overall pick to Philadelphia for Ruslan Fedotenko and a couple of 4th rounders.

I'm kinda serious....

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
If Iginla only wanted to go to the Pens he needed to make that clear in advance. He gave Feaster a list, Feaster worked off of that list, and Iginla changed it last minute.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
IMO, Dallas got a LOT more for Morrow than we got for Iggy. :help:

Unbelievable. Even if Pittsburgh was the only team on the list, the Flames should have done better than how they did.

Just an awful trade. Not a single one of the Pens top defensive prospects. What a joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad