Confirmed with Link: Iginla to Pittsburgh!!

Numbers

Sep 26, 2011
Make sure to fire Feaster before he trades the 4th overall pick to Philadelphia for Ruslan Fedotenko and a couple of 4th rounders.

I'm kinda serious....

You never know he might pickup Briere. Feaster said many times Calgary is not rebuilding and they need a center so......

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
If Iginla only wanted to go to the Pens he needed to make that clear in advance. He gave Feaster a list, Feaster worked off of that list, and Iginla changed it last minute.

Not true Feaster offered him 3 possible trades asked which one he wanted Iggy said Pitts not his fault.

Mar 1, 2013
Toronto
Honest question have any of you guys watched these guys play? Just cause they aren't CHL players doesn't mean they won't work out. I like what I'm hearing from Hanowski he's a RW with size which is exactly what they needed. Not sure how I feel about Agostino, but I'm not going to judge someone I haven't seen play.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Sportsnet confirms this.

I think Feaster needs to be scouting hockey games, not hot dog stands

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Make sure to fire Feaster before he trades the 4th overall pick to Philadelphia for Ruslan Fedotenko and a couple of 4th rounders.

I'm kinda serious....

Tortarella said that they would have never won the cup with out that trade. Feaster said he would make it every time knowing it won them the cup hard to knock it.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Not true Feaster offered him 3 possible trades asked which one he wanted Iggy said Pitts not his fault.

That's not how this works. Iginla gave Feaster a list before he started making calls. It wasn't like Feaster laid out three deals in front of Iginla and told him to pick one.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Blame is all on Iggy. Not Feaster. No doubt that the Boston deal was better.

I was at least interested in the fact that Feaster said we'd be busy between now and the deadline. Also that we aren't in a position to move picks and prospects.

Lifeline

Jan 31, 2013
Winnipeg
Even if Iginla was driving the deal I don't think it would have been that hard to get a better deal. I mean I can't picture this deal favouring us down the road.

dixs35

Jan 26, 2010
E-town
I have to say I feel bad for you as fans. The time to trade Iggy was 2yrs ago or last year. That return was awful.If thats all you could get in a package would it not have made since to trade for one of their many D prospects and a lower pick. Just a bad move all the way around.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 21m
Seen a lot of Hanowski recently. Good hockey sense, average skill, great shot, skating is an issue. Ok 2L potential. Good PP guy.

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 16m
Agostino is a hard working forward, has good skill, tough, protects puck well but he's small. Average speed. Projects as a 3L forward.

So, a possible 3rd liner and a 2nd liner plus a late first, almost a second. Fantastic.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
The Pittsburgh Penguins have landed Jerome Iginla, without giving up:

a) A single roster player

b) One of their highly rated D prospects.

Stunning. That's a steal.

I feel bad for you guys. Iggy's such a class act

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
That's not how this works. Iginla gave Feaster a list before he started making calls. It wasn't like Feaster laid out three deals in front of Iginla and told him to pick one.

Yes it was!

That is how it happened tonight, Feaster called Iginla said Pitts, Bos, Chi all want you and we have deals ready to go where do you want to play. He said Pitts. How can you not understand this? Iginla picked Pitts over Boston.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Blame is all on Iggy. Not Feaster. No doubt that the Boston deal was better.

I was at least interested in the fact that Feaster said we'd be busy between now and the deadline. Also that we aren't in a position to move picks and prospects.

You simply have no idea what your talking about it is 100% Feaster he asked Iggy which team he wanted he said Pitts.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Yes it was!

That is how it happened tonight, Feaster called Iginla said Pitts, Bos, Chi all want you and we have deals ready to go where do you want to play. He said Pitts. How can you not understand this? Iginla picked Pitts over Boston.

Clearly I'm not the one who's failing to understand this.

Gabriel6676

Sep 10, 2011
@FriedgeHNIC: Total shocker...Holy ****

Everyone is shocked

NHL fans across the board have been saying for years you have to start rebuilding. I have been watching in a sort of jaw dropping awe for years that this inexorable depreciation of assets has been allowed to continue. It has been needless lazy willfully blind and incredibly stupid. What a waste. I feel for your fan base but am hardly surprised by this return and am not really sure how you can be. Your management sucks and you waited WAY too long.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
maybe Feaster knew Pittsburgh won't be able to re-sign Iggy in the off-season and talked to Iggy about the possibility of coming back after the playoffs. Iggy realized the Pens have the best shot at the cup AND two of the best centers in the league and said yes.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
I honestly kind of like this. Not as much as I would like Maatta... But still... This team seems to have good scouting in the NCAA. Look at Gilles and Gaudreau. It's not a coincidence that we drafted the top two Hockey East players after the 4th round

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad