If you're Matthews and Marner's agent it would be negligent not to advise them to become RFA's

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Offer sheets? lol I've said this before and I will say it again.

GM’s don’t like to create heat and burn bridges while effectively souring their relationships with every other GM, its like an unwritten code among them..which is why you don’t see high profile offer sheets to teams star RFA’s.

There is a reason no team has attempted to offer sheet Nylander for ex, GM’s don’t like to do business with snakes.

Reactions: Dustin

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
There's a called a salary cap

You pay everyone big money and you'll no longer have that elite team
It's called depth

Laine will get big money and that's an issue for the jets
I don't think Laine is worth anything more than 7 atm
If you can't even scored more points than your yearly salary you shouldn't be getting top dollar under a low salary cap league

John Tavares 11 mil
Matthews 10 mil
Marner 7 to 9 mill

That's 30 million between 3 players
Is everyone else grtting paid 2 million?

Yup. The Leafs are the only team to have 3 players take up the equivalent in cap percentage in the history of the cap.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I'd be impressed in Laine scored 7 million points, to be honest.

I edited my post because so knew thst wpuld be the focus of the topic

7 mil should equal at least 70 points a season
10 points per mil
That's why drai is so over paid. Gets centre money and scores less than 80 points a season

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Nick Kypreos today said the Leafs should be terrified by the potential for Matthews and Marner to be offer sheeted - he's right. At this point if you're an agent you have the obligation to recommend your players make themselves available for offer sheets, the players of course don't have to take the advice. This is a pretty rare opportunity where a player who may soon be the among the top 3 players in the game becomes semi-available. For the teams that have the necessary compensatory draft picks I don't think the $16M Matthews would cost causes you to think twice about making the offer. Of course the Leafs match but you still make the offer, you would be doing significant cap damage to a team that is a Cup contender. A GM owes it to his owner to do that and an owner owes it to the team's fans.

Why Maple Leafs should be petrified of upcoming offer sheets - Sportsnet.ca

Matthews and Marner are doing a great job and are going to cause enough damage to the Leafs salary cap on there own.
No offer sheet required.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Huh?

How many teams have won cup using that formula?
Well how's Pittsburgh cap?

8.7 Crosby
9.5 Malkin
7.2 Letang

That's close to $26 and those contracts are not only older but in some cases (Crosby) are considered a massive discount. That's not even including Kessel. How's Pittsburgh's cup resume?

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I have never seen so much **** about offer sheets (there's a reason they never get done) until the elite Leafs youngsters hit the scene.

Holy sweet god you people will grasp at anything.

Probably a result of the over saturation of Leafs threads over these boards. I swear to God, if I have to read another WHAT DOES MATTHEWS HAVE TO DO TO BE ON THE SAME LEVEL AS MCDAVID thread...

Reactions: Dustin

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I can't wait to see all of these offer sheets.

No offer sheets in the better part of a decade and now we're going to see 3 (three) in 2 (two) years!

Holy mama!

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Remmeber how people whine about Leafs bias?

Everyday, Ferraro, Maclean and Kypreos preach about how absolutely dire our situation is. They spent tons of time telling us to that Laine might have been the better pick and better player (don't hear that so far this year)...it's endless negativity.

No idea how people could think we are treated favourably. These guys know they will get clicks and shares if they are controversial about the Leafs, and that's always accomplished by revving up the fear or instigating with a bad hot take.

The media around here is a curse, not a blessing.
That's the thing, they are so negative and everyone talks about how much they praise the Leafs. People have no idea what they are talking about.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
These two kids will sign in TO period.................but don't expect them to take the Shanny discounts...not gonna happen. They have already said, that's why they have agents.

Reactions: dukeofjive

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Probably a result of the over saturation of Leafs threads over these boards. I swear to God, if I have to read another WHAT DOES MATTHEWS HAVE TO DO TO BE ON THE SAME LEVEL AS MCDAVID thread...
Do you complain about all the threads that say he sucks.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Well how's Pittsburgh cap?

8.7 Crosby
9.5 Malkin
7.2 Letang

That's close to $26 and those contracts are not only older but in some cases (Crosby) are considered a massive discount. That's not even including Kessel. How's Pittsburgh's cup resume?

11 million
10 million(could end up being more)
And another 8 to 9 million for a player like marner if he goes ppg this season

Sidney Crosby and Malkin were also considered the 2 best centres in the league
Tavares and matthews are neither

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
There's a called a salary cap

You pay everyone big money and you'll no longer have that elite team
It's called depth

Laine will get big money and that's an issue for the jets
I don't think Laine is worth anything more than 7 atm
If you can't even scored more points than your yearly salary you shouldn't be getting top dollar under a low salary cap league

John Tavares 11 mil
Matthews 10 mil
Marner 7 to 9 mill

That's 30 million between 3 players
Is everyone else grtting paid 2 million?

Psst. Smarter people than us have dissected numbers in the Leaf boardroom, and know what they are doing. I don't think they signed JT and suddenly forgot Nylander, Marner and Tavares had to be signed. I know the anti-Leaf brigade wishes it were true, but, really, it's not.

Reactions: rubous

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
11 million
10 million(could end up being more)
And another 8 to 9 million for a player like marner if he goes ppg this season

Sidney Crosby and Malkin were also considered the 2 best centres in the league
Tavares and matthews are neither
You're right Peggy.

I'm not sure why we're feeling excited about having good players.

We should hang our heads in shame and just mail in the rest of the season. You've convinced us.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
no he hasn't

for a Leafs fan I thought you'd be more aware of his contract situation than a silly question like this, let me know if you have any more questions I'm glad to help
Well, your point made no sense.

It's unfortunate that went over your head :phew:

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
well he hasn't signed a team friendly contract that shanahan is trying to guilt him into, so theres that
I think SHanahan simply wants him at a Pastyrnak type deal. That's not exactly team friendly. Just fair,
Do you get it why there might eb an issue if he wants 8-8.5 milion per?

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
The same posters that would tell us how overrated and terrible Nylander is are the ones now telling us that the Leafs are being selfish for not paying him 9 million a season.

Hatred looks ugly on you.

Reactions: rubous

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad