If you could make a realistic trade who would you bring in?

Shultzyfeelinirie25

Jun 29, 2018
I would absolutely do this deal.
I think I'd do Hanifin straight up.
But Calgary would be crazy to do it.
yeah but what else would we have to give up thats the question? i would imagine one of are better propects but gotta give to get for the most part so i would also do it to get center and LD

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Lol why Bennett? His best season was his rookie year, after that he did not even reach 30 points per season. A career minus player who only performs in the play-offs. Bottom 6 player tops.

People expecting we get the next Fabbri. He is more of a Perlini...

Reactions: Reddwit

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Would anyone here take anisimov on waivers??

Prior to this season hes got 15-20 goals per season , 6’4 C , i think we’d be able to flip him if we claimed him and he turns it around here

Claim anisimov and then Put erne/nielsen on waivers and send them to the taxi squad when unclaimed

At this point doesnt look like we’ll be using our cap space for assets so might as well take him on and try and get a 4th at the deadline?

Reactions: lomekian

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Honestly, I admire Yzerman’s patience. He said we needed to be, and while he has tinkered, he hasn’t made any substantial moves. Given the teams overall performance it is impressive he has stood by that call for patience. I think it’s the right call, but it’s gotta be tough to stick to it.

I wonder when he makes his first “bold move” and what it might be.

Last edited:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Prior to this season hes got 15-20 goals per season , 6’4 C , i think we’d be able to flip him if we claimed him and he turns it around here

Claim anisimov and then Put erne/nielsen on waivers and send them to the taxi squad when unclaimed

At this point doesnt look like we’ll be using our cap space for assets so might as well take him on and try and get a 4th at the deadline?
His base salary is only $1.5M, but I doubt Chris even spends that much for a possible 3rd/4th round pick. Plus you know Blash isn't going to waive Nielsen.

Erne has looked a lot better this season, though still pointless in 6 games. Some of that has to do with his linemates.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Lol why Bennett? His best season was his rookie year, after that he did not even reach 30 points per season. A career minus player who only performs in the play-offs. Bottom 6 player tops.

People expecting we get the next Fabbri. He is more of a Perlini...

Would rather have a playoff performer than someone who never performs at all. At least it proves that he is capable of performing at some level...

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
His base salary is only $1.5M, but I doubt Chris even spends that much for a possible 3rd/4th round pick. Plus you know Blash isn't going to waive Nielsen.

Erne has looked a lot better this season, though still pointless in 6 games. Some of that has to do with his linemates.
Probably not but i would , think we’d get something at the deadline from anisimov over erne/nielsen/filppula ... prior to this seasons hes always been good for 15-20 goals per

What we got to lose? Doesnt look like we’ll be utilizing our cap money for assets atm unfortunately

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada

It all seems unlikely. Ottawa is as bad as us. It’s hard to fathom the sens waiving him if he offered any utility/trade value at all.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Honestly, I admire Yzerman’s patience. He said we needed to be, and while he has tinkered, he has made any substantial moves. Given the teams overall performance it is impressive he has stood by that call for patience. I think it’s the right call, but it’s gotta be tough to stick to it.

Same. If it were me the entire team and staff would have been blown up lol.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Honestly, I admire Yzerman’s patience. He said we needed to be, and while he has tinkered, he hasn’t made any substantial moves. Given the teams overall performance it is impressive he has stood by that call for patience. I think it’s the right call, but it’s gotta be tough to stick to it.

Last season he has pretty active with trades:

Yzerman timetable:
Zero games played (at August) - W Adam Erne <> 4th
------------------------------
2nd game of the season (October 7th) - LW David Pope <> RD Alex Biega (AHL - NHL depth)
12th game of the season (October 28th) - RD Alec Regula <> LW Brendan Perlini (prospect - NHL)
17th game of the season (November 7th) - F Jacob de la Rose <> F Robby Fabbri (NHL - NHL)
29th game of the season (November 30th) - G Eric Comrie <> RD Vili Saarijärvi (goalie depth - AHL)
33rd game of the season (December 12th) - RD Oliwer Kaski <> RD Kyle Wood (AHL - AHL)
--------------------and then next ones happened at the Trade Deadline
64th game of the season (February 24th) - Mike Green <> Brodziak + 4th
64th game of the season (February 24th) - Andreas Athanasiou <> Sam Gagner + 2nd + 2nd

At this season he has made only that one off-season trade for Marc Staal. Same as last season, Erne was only off-season trade.

Think he is gonna make a move soon. Because there was no pre-season games, he has seen the team less. He'll wait a little bit longer. But all teams are starting to have needs (because AHL has started, taxi squads getting smaller) and making decisions, more rumours in the air.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Probably not but i would , think we’d get something at the deadline from anisimov over erne/nielsen/filppula ... prior to this seasons hes always been good for 15-20 goals per

What we got to lose? Doesnt look like we’ll be utilizing our cap money for assets atm unfortunately
It's not about salary cap, it's about actual $$$. Chris isn't spending his money on a crap shoot.

$1.5M buys a really nice house for one of his kids.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Last season he has pretty active with trades:

Yzerman timetable:
Zero games played (at August) - W Adam Erne <> 4th
------------------------------
2nd game of the season (October 7th) - LW David Pope <> RD Alex Biega (AHL - NHL depth)
12th game of the season (October 28th) - RD Alec Regula <> LW Brendan Perlini (prospect - NHL)
17th game of the season (November 7th) - F Jacob de la Rose <> F Robby Fabbri (NHL - NHL)
29th game of the season (November 30th) - G Eric Comrie <> RD Vili Saarijärvi (goalie depth - AHL)
33rd game of the season (December 12th) - RD Oliwer Kaski <> RD Kyle Wood (AHL - AHL)
--------------------and then next ones happened at the Trade Deadline
64th game of the season (February 24th) - Mike Green <> Brodziak + 4th
64th game of the season (February 24th) - Andreas Athanasiou <> Sam Gagner + 2nd + 2nd

At this season he has made only that one off-season trade for Marc Staal. Same as last season, Erne was only off-season trade.

Think he is gonna make a move soon. Because there was no pre-season games, he has seen the team less. He'll wait a little bit longer. But all teams are starting to have needs (because AHL has started, taxi squads getting smaller) and making decisions, more rumours in the air.

Of course he has made moves but id characterize them as tinkering around the edges. I don’t have an issue with any of the moves but I wonder when something bigger happens, signing or trade. Truthfully, I think his patient approach (and Holland’s last few years) has been solid and has allowed the team to build up a good foundation. I just wonder what the plan looks like moving forward for him. What is the first “big move”?

I suppose more than anything that I’m thinking out loud about something completely unpredictable. Of course this is all dictated by the success of recent draft picks and there hasn’t been a reason for him to switch gears from patient to bold. I guess I’m rambling now but again, I’m just curious about the path forward from his view and when something big might happen.

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
Well you can almost narrow it down to 2 possible routes

1. acquire an experienced vet with some value to flip at deadline
2. acquire a young promising rookie that is available to grow with the kids

players i would hope he would "kick the tires" on

Vince Dunn LD
Jake Virtanen RW
Tony Deangelo D
Victor Mete D
Florida is looking to trade Keith Yandle, and maybe we could weaponize that cap space and pull a 3 way trade and get something nice from it.
Montreal doesn't look like they will re-sign C Phillip Danault with the emergence of suzuki and kotkaniemi and he recently rejected 30/6 offer so the habs will look to unload him before the deadline.

there are decent options out there, so i'm very curious to see how aggressive Stevie will be the closer to the deadline we get.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Have no interest in picking him up. Wonder if bargain bin Kenny pays to get rid of him. Nurse++ ?

"The Real Deal" James Neal...on Waivers. More like "Bloated Deal".

James Neal (EDM) on waivers
— Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) February 13, 2021
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news:
Senators reacquire Dzingel, send forwards Galchenyuk, Paquette to Hurricanes

Last edited:

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

Wonder if the Wings would be a team with interest here. Listed at 6’1 227, right hand shot. Never really got a crack at center in the NHL.

Not an uncommon thought for Yzerman to target someone in this age range calling out of favor. Looking at Fabbri/Perlini.

Maybe taking on that Loui contract, being a problem solver for the Canucks at a price.

LazyT

Feb 24, 2010
Michigan.
I would love Virtanen in a wings uniform. Young right handed player who has an edge to his game. I think he could be a really good fit here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad