If therrien is fired, what coaches are out there to replace him?

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
DALE HUNTER DALE HUNTER DALE HUNTER DALE HUNTER DALE HUNTER

I would hope he could speak French since he played for the Les Nords for so long.

DALE HUNTER DALE HUNTER DALE HUNTER DALE HUNTER DALE HUNTER

Hunter might be the only coach worse than cunneyworth. No ty.

Boucher sucks, therrien sucks. We need somebody competent, I don't want Boucher having anything to do with this club and therrien isn't getting fired, him and mb are buddies.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Question....

If, for whatever reason, Claude Julien gets fired (and we know this is certainly a possibility) -- would you hire him?

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Question....

If, for whatever reason, Claude Julien gets fired (and we know this is certainly a possibility) -- would you hire him?

Julien won't get fired anytime soon but yes in a heartbeat why is this even a question.

Domenic

Jan 13, 2007
Calgary, AB
Honestly anyone. Get an interim coach again if we have to, Therrien was simply a poor decision, no idea how he managed to seduce Bergevin for the job.

What do you think Therrien is? He's the Denis Savard before Coach Q. The rebound before the long-term relationship.

He'll be gone, but not this year.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I've seen Whitesnake pump Houle's tires so much that I'd be excited to see him coach hamilton.

Houle in Hamilton for sure. For the NHL, it's Boucher. Or you go with Tourigny. Or go as far as to offer it to Groulx. We are not talking about a whole lot of experience here. But you never know.

Or.....you offer it to Robinson.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
if Therrien is fired, I predict the next coach will be considered as "an idiot" within his first 3 years

call me nostradamus

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Question....

Only if Doug Houda came along with him.

Its not that Julien is a success. Its that Houda has installed a very very good aggressive defense modeled after the Cup winning Red Wings teams.

Therrien could easily repeat that model. Always have one extra player on the puck. Pressure, pressure, pressure. Two vs one, Three vs two. The best way to regain puck possession.

Davebo*

You guys expect the guy to paint a Picasso with the crayolas he's been handed?

We did pretty good with the set of finger paints we had last year. The palette hasn't changed much, but he can't draw with them for sure.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Question....

If Julien becomes available I fire my coach immediately and hire him. He's a little ***** whiner but he wins games.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I'd imagine they'd go with Gallant as the interim. Unfortunately, the French speaking candidate severely limits the candidate pool of who's available.

I guess we'd have no chance as Babcock if he became available.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
I think Boucher is the obvious choice for now. He's one of the best available candidates, plus the language issue becomes a non-issue.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Tell that to those francophone journalists and fans and see.

This stupid language requirement has crippled this team for quite a while now.

I want to meet these people, if they exist. I want to hear them say they put language over success. I want to see it in person so I can laugh in their faces at their stupidity.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Tell that to those francophone journalists and fans and see.

This stupid language requirement has crippled this team for quite a while now.

i'm a francophone fan and I couldn't care less. And all my francophone friends couldn't care less either

thanks for your disgusting generalization

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
i'm a francophone fan and I couldn't care less. And all my francophone friends couldn't care less either

thanks for your disgusting generalization

He's talking about the ones that do care. The disgusting piece of human garbage ... "things" ... that protested outside the Bell Centre when Cunneyworth was made coach.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
Big Bird is who I'd go for if we can snag him from the Sharks. He might not give very many interviews in french, but no one would say a damned word about it because he's Larry ****ing Robinson.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Remember the old TV Show Hogan's Heroes?
Colonel Hogan looks at SGT Carter and says- "I did not know what wire to cut but I knew you would pick the wrong one", this is my dilemma, I have no clue who could come in and coach. All I know is that Habs management will pick the wrong guy, have done so for many years. Nothing in habsville will change, I believe the first 80 years of Montreal Canadien hockey is the legacy. I am/was a die hard, over 40 years of being a huge fan. Now I watch because I love the jersey and I have the lowest expectations. When Bergevin was brought in I was pretty excited, now I look at him like a friendlier version of the goat.

CaliHab84

Feb 7, 2013
This team will go though so many french speaking coaches eventually they will have no choice but to hire an anglophone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad