If therrien is fired, what coaches are out there to replace him?

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I remember back in the 90's when Felipe Alou was the Expos' manager. Nobody complained about him not speaking french. In fact, he was one of the most popular sports personnality in the whole province of Quebec.. I don't understand why it has to be different when it comes to the Habs.. this is ****ing annoying..
You just answered your own question. Nobody gives a sh** about the expos and that's just the way it is. They are not a Quebec institution like Habs. Coach of the Expos could be circus midget and nobody would have an issue.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
If they would have hired minor league managers or tv 'analysts' situation would not have been different at all. It is different because, unlike Habs, they did not do it. ;)

And what was Felipe Alou ?

... As for tv analysts, Therrien did coach several years before... with that said, I still dislike that hiring.

But it's a moot point, the future coach will speak french...

WakeUpNHL

Mar 9, 2011
Montreal
You just answered your own question. Nobody gives a sh** about the expos and that's just the way it is. They are not a Quebec institution like Habs. Coach of the Expos could be circus midget and nobody would have an issue.

Why bad mouth circus midgets?
They already have limited employment opportunities.
1. circus
2. fetish adult movies
3. top minutes habs center

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't think Bergevin would hesitate much before firing Therrien, as I don't think he likes him that much.

I say that because when Bergevin hired Therrien, he did something I never saw before: he didn't let Therrien chose his own assistants. That doesn't look like 100% confidence to me.

Knowing that, my guess is if Therrien is fired, it's Gallant who would take the job.

I can already see it -- and Molson is going to recycle this old announcement:

Team president Geoff Molson apologized to fans and promised the next head coach would be bilingual.
:sarcasm:

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Sly! :sarcasm:

Seriously, if Therrien was to be fired, I'd kick the tires on Guy Boucher. He's a clever guy, and I'm sure he learned from his stint in Tampa.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Peter Laviolette...too bad tho wrong tongue.

Pretty clear tho,players are still scared by Jacques Martin style hockey...and Therrien d style is flash backs for them all......goona get ugly ...

To fire a Jacques Martin and then rehire another Jacques Martin style back....watch how they drop in the standings.....Therrien better listen up to his players asap....

There's a very fine line , going over the edge right now.....they don't got long to correct it ,other wise a bad rerun from few years ago all over again .

Last edited:

firewagon77*

Michel Therrien is a terrible coach they need to fire him asap,if they want to sign their best player Subban long term.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Is there any tangible evidence out there to hint at Therrien getting the boot? I have yet to hear Bergevin come out and say "I have confidence in Therrien as a motivator and a coach".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad