If the top 5 order doesn't change.....

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
You can add Florida to that list. I sort of feel for Edmonton, I don't think they went out of there way to tank they were just that bad, but Colorado and Florida definitely tanked.

As an Islanders fan I wouldn't mind seeing Ottawa or NJ win the lottery, the only reason I wouldn't want to lose the 4th spot is in the very unlikely chance one of Landeskog or Larsson fall to 4th

How did Florida tank? They just sucked. The injuries didn't help.

Anyway:

Edm- RNH
Col- Larsson
Fla- Landeskog
NYI- Huberdeau
Ott- Couturier

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

Anyway:

Edm- RNH
Col- Larsson
Fla- Landeskog
NYI- Huberdeau
Ott- Couturier

You don't think Tallon wouldn't want Couturier? I've always thought if anyone was gonna take Couturier up high now it was gonna be Tallon.

If Ottawa's deciding between Strome and Couturier, by the sounds of it, they'll sprint to the podium to take Strome.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
You don't think Tallon wouldn't want Couturier? I've always thought if anyone was gonna take Couturier up high now it was gonna be Tallon.

If Ottawa's deciding between Strome and Couturier, by the sounds of it, they'll sprint to the podium to take Strome.

I think he'd like Landeskog more though. He's everything Tallon desires in a player.

It just seemed weird that Vokoun didn't play until the game was meaningless(in terms of draft position)

Vokoun was out with back spasms. He even left in the middle of one game because of it. He probably shouldn't have played yesterday, but he didn't want to possibly leave the Panthers sitting on the bench. He felt he deserved the start after being here 4 years and who's to argue with that.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yeah that's what we're afraid of. He's a power forward winger, but he's complete like Toews to me.

Yeah, as far as how Tallon grades out players, Landeskog has everything but speed. But otherwise, he's the prototypical Tallon player. So if he's there when we pick, especially if RNH is gone, I can't see us picking anyone but him.

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
Edmonton - Larsson
Colorado - Landeskog
Florida - RNH
Islanders - Couturier
Ottawa - Strome

Menwithouthat tricks

Dec 25, 2002
Visit site
Not sure how people are pissed at the way the Panthers played down the stretch. As someone who wanted them to tank, I was actually driven insane by how much they would try, and at times, flat out dominate the opposition in terms of play. There were many games we controlled large portions of the play (I think we recently had 18 shots in the first period, more than Colorado had in some games). The reason we lost so many games was because Tallon completely committed to the rebuild, and our payroll of players ended up being like 17 million this year.

If anything, all that was proved was how badly Florida needs this pick. They could dominate teams and still never score a goal because there was no talent.

From what I saw though, Colorado was brutal in terms of effort level, and I could see some upset feelings there.

At the beginning of the year, everyone picked Florida for 30th. They outperformed their talent level and their fall at the end of the year was not tanking.

Colorado, I don't know what was happening with them, would be interesting if eventually, some insider leaked what was going on. Stewart and Shattenkirk for Erik Johnson? (As an Islander fan, I would equate that to Grabner and Hamonic for Bogosian, something that would have the fan base screaming bloody murder). Craig Anderson for Elliot? All the traded Avs did great after leaving, and I read somewhere that there was some bad blood between Anderson and the Avs contributing to his bad season. Had the feel of a house cleaning, and a demoralized team just giving up.

Anyway, that Stewart trade set the Avs back, and I would think that Landeskog is a great fit for them. So I see the draft going:

1) Edmonton - RNH - how can they pass up the local boy ranked at #1
2) Colorado - Landeskog
3) Florida - Couturier
4) Isles - Larsson (maybe they even prefer Hamilton for intangibles)
5) Ottawa - Strome

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
First off the Islanders aren't taking Huberdeau, and I dont see Tallon passing on Couturier. As far as injuries no team suffered more than the islanders, and they still played hard.

Tallon will select Landeskog is he's available, rest assured. The Panthers played hard all season, there were only a handful of games where they didn't give 100% effort. You don't know what you're talking about. Besides the Isles only finished with 2 more pts. lol, it's not like you have a right to be staring down your nose.

Kvashinator12

Feb 27, 2002
United States
Visit site
Tallon will select Landeskog is he's available, rest assured. The Panthers played hard all season, there were only a handful of games where they didn't give 100% effort. You don't know what you're talking about. Besides the Isles only finished with 2 more pts. lol, it's not like you have a right to be staring down your nose.

Actually had the 4th best record in the east hte 2nd half of the season, I actually think we kind of do.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
And with New Jersey's win in the final game they go from 6th to 8th. Should be intesting to see how things go.

Just going on basis of team needs

Edmonton - Center or Defense
Colorado - Wingers or Defense
Florida - Forward
Islanders - BPA, although could use an upgrade for 2nd line center(if Bailey doesn't pan out) or another top pairing defense
Ottawa - Forward
Atlanta - Forward
Columbus - top pairing defenseman, forwards
NJ - BPA, as long as they don't play LW

With NJ at 8th though I fully expect Hamilton and Murphy to be drafted in top 8

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
At the beginning of the year, everyone picked Florida for 30th. They outperformed their talent level and their fall at the end of the year was not tanking.

"Everyone picked Florida for 30th". No they didn't, most expected the Oilers. Florida always fail at failing, and have for so many years drafted between 7th and 14th. Florida never ends up last. Year after year Florida gets underrated by people here on HF, people that clearly knows nothing about our team. When Tallon trades almost half our defense at the deadline and we have to play with Callahan and Wilson on the backend, of course there will be a lot of loses, but still they played hard and tried to win games. We actually had a pretty decent team coming into the season, but injuries and the deadline completely ****ed us, and the fact that we can never win more than 3 games in a row..

Playing with an AHL line-up because of injuries since the deadline, but still they never stopped playing hard. They just can't finish off the plays, they create a lot of chances, but seem to lack a goalscorer that can score on consistent basis. So we didn't tank at all. I think we were the team with most 1 goal games, but we lost the majority of them. If we could have had some more margins they would have been way higher in the standings.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Yeah, as far as how Tallon grades out players, Landeskog has everything but speed. But otherwise, he's the prototypical Tallon player. So if he's there when we pick, especially if RNH is gone, I can't see us picking anyone but him.

Couturier is just as much, or even more a prototypical Tallon player. Big north-american center with a strong two-way game.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I think you mean bottom five.

Look for the Avs to take one of the Swedes. Ideally, I'd love for them to get Larsson. But the Avs beat writer keeps bringing up Landeskog. That means he's hearing about him from the inside frequently, seeing as the guy couldn't tell you what OHL stands for.

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
Fill in the blanks:

1. Edmonton: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

2. Colorado: Gabriel Landeskog

3. Florida: Sean Couturier

4. Islanders: Adam Larsson

5. Ottawa: Jonathan Huberdeau

6. New Jersey: Ryan Strome

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
small.png
- Sean Couturier
small.png
- Adam Larsson
small.png
- Gabriel Landeskog
small.png
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
small.png
- Ryan Strome

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I honestly can't see this happening, although in the bigger picture SC might be the perfect center to compliment Hall and Eberle.

Why can't you honestly see that happening? Couturier has been projected as the #1 overall pick as early as last year. He hasn't slowed down, and he was sick this year. He's still very likely to be #1 on a lot of team's lists.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Why can't you honestly see that happening? Couturier has been projected as the #1 overall pick as early as last year. He hasn't slowed down, and he was sick this year. He's still very likely to be #1 on a lot of team's lists.

Couturier seems to have falling on most drank rankings. That being said I see him go 5th at worst.

cjdv16

Nov 22, 2005
The Swamp

Anyway:

Edm- RNH
Col- Larsson
Fla- Landeskog
NYI- Huberdeau
Ott- Couturier

What injuries? Perhaps I didn't follow them closely enough.

Interesting that Vokoun returned just in time for a meaningless game the day after they clinched 3rd worst. He must be a timely healer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad