If the top 5 order doesn't change.....

petrocelli

I love the Draft!!
Jan 5, 2009
Regular season is over.. If the top 5 order doesnt change, how do you see the top 5 picks playing out??

Fill in the blanks:

1. Edmonton:

2. Colorado:

3. Florida

4. Islanders

5. Ottawa

heck, lets make it a top 6.... as a bonus, fill in the 6th as well:

6. New Jersey

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
1. EDM - Ryan Nugent Hopkins
2. COL - Adam Larsson
3. FLO - Sean Couturier
4. NYI - Dougie Hamilton
5. OTT - Gabriel Landeskog

:thumbu:

bjtkyo

Mar 2, 2011
1. Edmonton: Larsson (Forward prospect pool is massive. Need a top defensive prospect)

2. Colorado: Landeskog (hard-nosed winger over creative centre because they've got Stastny, Duchene, O'Reilly, and Hishon in the system.. plus they pick up captain material with the departure of Foote)

3. Florida: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

4. Islanders: Couturier

5. Ottawa: Strome

6. New Jersey: Murphy (Not really a rebuilding team. I say they take the best skater with one of the highest ceilings in the draft and let him develop for a while)

petrocelli

I love the Draft!!
Jan 5, 2009
1. EDM - Ryan Nugent Hopkins
2. COL - Adam Larsson
3. FLO - Sean Couturier
4. NYI - Dougie Hamilton
5. OTT - Gabriel Landeskog

:thumbu:

You poor Ottawa fans must have been dying the last few weeks as they won a bunch of meaningless games to slip from 2nd overall to 5th, and in the process, lost out on Landeskog or RNH...... I feel for you man, but let the pipe dream of Landeskog falling to 5th go... it's not happening.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
small.png
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
small.png
- Adam Larsson
small.png
- Sean Couturier
small.png
- Gabriel Landeskog
small.png
- Ryan Strome

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
You poor Ottawa fans must have been dying the last few weeks as they won a bunch of meaningless games to slip from 2nd overall to 5th, and in the process, lost out on Landeskog or RNH...... I feel for you man, but let the pipe dream of Landeskog falling to 5th go... it's not happening.

Considering we locked up a #1 goalie for the next 4 years in the process, you won't find many Sens fans upset about it.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
1. Edmonton - RNH. They get their #1C
2. Colorado - Landeskog. They get a premium winger for Statsny and Duchene
3. Florida - Couturier. Tallon gets that big center with skill and two-way play
4. Islanders - Larsson. They get their stud defenseman
5. Ottawa - Huberdeau. Shooting up the rankings and could be an offensive force at center or the wing
6. NJ - Hamilton. Could develop into a stud and even surpass Larsson when it's all said and done.

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario

Yes, so brutal.

But anyways,

Edmonton- Larsson
Colorado- Hopkins
Florida- Landeskog
New York- Couturier
Ottawa- Huberdeau

Derian Hatcher

Jun 30, 2010
Ottawa

The worst thing about it isn't us winning , its frustrating how absolutly pathetic Florida, Edmonton and Colorado have played.. they are masters of tanking though , Ottawa should take notes. I wish the lottery was a little more even with the top 5 , it would make things more interesting thats for sure.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
A little off topic, but does Colorado receive the St. Louis first rounder this year because it's #11 overall? I remember in the deal that St. Louis could elect to keep it if it's a top-10 pick this year. That would change things for Colorado. I'd see them going forward with #2 overall and could get a defenseman at #11 - Hamilton, Siemans, Oleksiak could all be there.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
A little off topic, but does Colorado receive the St. Louis first rounder this year because it's #11 overall? I remember in the deal that St. Louis could elect to keep it if it's a top-10 pick this year. That would change things for Colorado. I'd see them going forward with #2 overall and could get a defenseman at #11 - Hamilton, Siemans, Oleksiak could all be there.

Yes, they do.:nod:

RangerRed

Jan 23, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
1. Edmonton Oilers: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
2. Colorado Avalanche: Adam Larsson
3. Florida Panthers: Gabriel Landeskog
4. New York Islanders: Ryan Strome
5. Ottawa Senators: Sean Couturier

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
As an Islander fan, I like your scenario best... Landeskog at #4 would be awesome!

I am guessing Florida will take whoever is left over of Larsson, RNH or Landeskog. That being said I would also guess Landeskog might be #1 on their wishlist

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
1. Edmonton - C Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
2. NY Islanders - D Adam Larsson
3. Florida - C Sean Couturier
4. Ottawa - LW Gabriel Landeskog
5. Colorado - LW/C Jonathan Huberdeau

Colorado trades #2 to NY Islanders for #4, #34, and G Evgeni Nabokov.
Colorado trades #4 to Ottawa for #5 and #66.

Edmonton opts for RNH, can focus on adding to the backend with LA's 1st and the 31st pick. Notably somebody like Joe Morrow who grew up near Edmonton; Some scouts have Morrow rated better than Duncan Siemens.

Avs could keep it simple and take Larsson. They are relatively well stocked with RH D with Erik Johnson along with Tyson Barrie and Stefan Elliott turning pro next year. Trading down twice replenishes their 2nd and 3rd rounders that they used in previous trades. They add a temporary starter in Nabokov, along with a fast rising prospect in Huberdeau. Former GM and current Avs President Pierre Lacroix always loved his Quebecois prospects.

Islanders trade a couple expendable assets to add a guy who could easily be #1 on their list. Florida adds perhaps the most NHL prospect of the group in Couturier. Ottawa has plenty of picks and can afford losing a 3rd to get their man.

petrocelli

I love the Draft!!
Jan 5, 2009
I am guessing Florida will take whoever is left over of Larsson, RNH or Landeskog. That being said I would also guess Landeskog might be #1 on their wishlist

I wouldn't be so sure about that... Couturier seems like the big/prototypical center they may want to build around since drafting defense the last few years.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Ottawa would be dumb if they don't end up with one of Larsson/RNH/Couturier/Landeskog I mean all year they have been horrendous.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Edm - nugent-hopkins
Col - landeskog
Fla - couturier
NYI - larsson
Ott - huberdeau
NJ - murphy

Colorado has barrie, elliott and gaunce, oilers want a top center, florida has kulikov and gudbranson, ottawa has karlsson, rundblad and wiercicoch, and even nyi I'm not sure as they have hamonic, streit and macdonald...but this is the weakest group of dmen in the top 5 outside edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad