If the top 5 order doesn't change.....

Rekker922

Mar 10, 2011
Yeah, as far as how Tallon grades out players, Landeskog has everything but speed. But otherwise, he's the prototypical Tallon player. So if he's there when we pick, especially if RNH is gone, I can't see us picking anyone but him.

From what I have seen and read Landeskog has speed. He may not be the fastest player in the draft but I wouldn't say he has no speed.

KingJet*

Edmonton: Larsson
- Need a number one defenseman
Colorado: Landeskog
- Have too many Centers, they need some wingers already, also would play well with Duchene
Florida: RNH
- Need a number one Center
Islanders: Hamilton
- Probably all they need from the top 10 in the draft thats not a Goalie
Ottawa: Strome
- Just need Forwards, end of story

I'm gonna do the rest cause I feel like it
6. Atlanta - Huberdeau
7. Columbus - Beaulieu
8. New Jersey - Couturier
9. Minnesota - Murphy
10. Boston - Siemens

By the way, the draft goes as what the team needs, not how its projected to go, also the most unexpected things are to happen in the draft

Kvashinator12

Feb 27, 2002
United States
Visit site
Edmonton: Larsson
- Need a number one defenseman
Colorado: Landeskog
- Have too many Centers, they need some wingers already, also would play well with Duchene
Florida: RNH
- Need a number one Center
Islanders: Hamilton
- Probably all they need from the top 10 in the draft thats not a Goalie
Ottawa: Strome
- Just need Forwards, end of story

I'm gonna do the rest cause I feel like it
6. Atlanta - Huberdeau
7. Columbus - Beaulieu
8. New Jersey - Couturier
9. Minnesota - Murphy
10. Boston - Siemens

By the way, the draft goes as what the team needs, not how its projected to go, also the most unexpected things are to happen in the draft

Not a chance the Islanders pass on Couturier. The Islanders have a bevy of good prospects

Secondly the draft goes by BPA not team needs in round 1.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Couturier is just as much, or even more a prototypical Tallon player. Big north-american center with a strong two-way game.

Landeskog is much more physical and intense than Couturier. He's more of the prototypical Tallon player. Both are big, both are good defensively. Nationality doesn't matter in this case.

What injuries? Perhaps I didn't follow them closely enough.

Interesting that Vokoun returned just in time for a meaningless game the day after they clinched 3rd worst. He must be a timely healer.

Of course you didn't, no one does, they just make assumptions about the Panthers without knowing the facts. Almost half our roster was injured at some point in the year. For the last month and a half, we regularly had 7-8 AHLers in our lineup. I know the Isles had it worse, but still, the Panthers had it bad too.

Vokoun left during the middle of a game hunched over because of back spasms. Do you really think that was an acting job or something? Some of you guys need to take off your tin foil hats.

Draftman

Feb 28, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
Not a chance the Islanders pass on Couturier. The Islanders have a bevy of good prospects

Secondly the draft goes by BPA not team needs in round 1.

First, the current Islander management has not demonstrated a preference for players from the Quebec League. In fact the only one they have taken in the last few drafts is Kabonov.

Secondly, who is the BPA? Last season most fans thought the best player at 5 (when the Isles selected) was Fowler. Didn't happen. Whoever they decide is the best play (needed position or not) is who they'll draft. Plus this year there is no consensus at any position. No one even has a guess as to who will be taken before the Isles select. So for anyone to say categorically that one specific player is their choice is silly.

Besides it's going to be Hamilton. :naughty:

SouthFLFan79

Feb 2, 2007
1. Edmonton: Adam Larsson

2. Colorado: Ryan Nugent Hopkins

3. Florida: Gabriel Landeskog

4. Islanders: Sean Couturier

5. Ottawa: Jonathan Huberdeau

6. New Jersey: Ryan Strome

I see this one for the win :)

I see no way that Florida would pass on Landeskog for Couturier. 0 percent chance on that one. That said I would love Larsson even if he did fall. He is the best player in the draft imo.

Imagine a Defense with Kulikov, Larsson, Gudbranson, Robak, Ellerby, Petrovic

That could be very sick in the future for a top 6 :) I still believe it is easier to find offense in free agency then defense.

RVH, Ladeskog or Larsson whomever is there would be our pick. Any of those three are head and shoulders above the rest.

oilersfan87

Jan 18, 2009
1. Edmonton:
Larsson
2. Colorado:
Landeskog
3. Florida
Couturier
4. Islanders
Hamilton
5. Ottawa
RNH

Nager

Oct 5, 2008
Tank Nation
Wow, really sucks to be a Sens fan. Your team goes to the bottom, you win a bunch of games that mean absolutely nothing... now unless you win the lottery you have missed out on the top 3 prospects in Larsson, Couturier and RNH.... THAT SUCKS BIG TIME

As a Leafs fan I am sure you understand quite well how that feels.

JOHNBOY

BUFFALO SABRES
Sep 30, 2003
Denver NC
small.png
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
small.png
- Adam Larsson
small.png
- Sean Couturier
small.png
- Gabriel Landeskog
small.png
- Ryan Strome

:nod:

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
EDM: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
COL: Adam Larsson
FLA: Gabriel Landeskog
NYI: Sean Couturier/Jonathan Huberdeau
OTT: Sean Couturier/Jonathan Huberdeau

4thliner*

Strome is big-time talent and worthy of top 5 selection BUT

Jonathan Huberdoue is clearly the better overall player and with just about as much offensive talent/upside.

Huberdoue overall game and ultimate upside at the NHL level is even better than Nugen-Hopkins. And while you'd swear that there is noway Hopkins is 6-0, Huberdoue actually looks taller than the listed 6-1 frame. But like Hopkins he has a lot of meat to put on that frame.

He and Hopkins have the most upside in terms of offensive skill among the top forwards group. And I like Huberdoue's overall game slighly better. While he isn't agile as Hopkins on his skates (who is really) he has the same presence. The best junior team in the country clearly revolves around him making guys like Phillips (who will probably go in the 1st round) a lot better players than they probably are.

And while Landeskog is out and RNH will be following him shortly, Huberdoue will likely dominate his way into the memorial cup and posting ppg clip of 3 ppg.

If this guy dominates so much I could even see him go 1st or 2nd overall, especially if Nugen-Hopkins who's been totally dominated has no push back in his series with medicine hat. If Nugen-Hopkins Red Deer team don't show up in Tuesday's game they will get swept. He's been blanked in back to back games.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Strome is big-time talent and worthy of top 5 selection BUT

Jonathan Huberdoue is clearly the better overall player and with just about as much offensive talent/upside.

Huberdoue overall game and ultimate upside at the NHL level is even better than Nugen-Hopkins. And while you'd swear that there is noway Hopkins is 6-0, Huberdoue actually looks taller than the listed 6-1 frame. But like Hopkins he has a lot of meat to put on that frame.

He and Hopkins have the most upside in terms of offensive skill among the top forwards group. And I like Huberdoue's overall game slighly better. While he isn't agile as Hopkins on his skates (who is really) he has the same presence. The best junior team in the country clearly revolves around him making guys like Phillips (who will probably go in the 1st round) a lot better players than they probably are.

And while Landeskog is out and RNH will be following him shortly, Huberdoue will likely dominate his way into the memorial cup and posting ppg clip of 3 ppg.

If this guy dominates so much I could even see him go 1st or 2nd overall, especially if Nugen-Hopkins who's been totally dominated has no push back in his series with medicine hat. If Nugen-Hopkins Red Deer team don't show up in Tuesday's game they will get swept. He's been blanked in back to back games.

Let's go the other way. Huberdeau's production is bi-product of playing the worst teams in the playoffs and being on the best team in the CHL by far in the worst league in the CHL. His hands are good, but RNH and Strome's are better, and both RNH and Strome have way better vision. Strome has a wicked one timer/slapper, RNH has the wrist shot. Huberdeau can drive the net and he has a good two way game, but both RNH and Strome are respectable in that sense and cause a lot of interference in the neutral zone (they're also both better skaters.) I would take RNH, Strome and Couturier to all have better NHL careers than Huberdeau.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad