If the Oilers win the Pacific, does Knoblach get consideration for the Jack Adams?

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Why is Peter DeBoer not getting love? Dallas is 1 point back of the NYR for the best record in the NHL?

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
I just go based on that he hasn’t really improved the team based on where they finished last year. It’s been status quo
The team has a .733 P% under Knoblach in 69 games. That extrapolates to a 120 point season.

That isn’t remotely the “status quo” from last year.

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
The team has a .733 P% under Knoblach in 69 games. That extrapolates to a 120 point season.

That isn’t remotely the “status quo” from last year.
Finished 109? Last season, so he “theoretically” only gained 11 points. That’s not a large difference. So yes, it’s in the realm of status quo

Reactions: karltonian

Ol' Jase

Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Finished 109? Last season, so he “theoretically” only gained 11 points. That’s not a large difference. So yes, it’s in the realm of status quo
I’m honestly very confused.

You mention daily that the Oilers are not a good team at all, yet now you’re telling us .733 P% performance is status quo for the Oilers.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I’m honestly very confused.

You mention daily that the Oilers are not a good team at all, yet now you’re telling us .733 P% performance is status quo for the Oilers.
We aren’t talking about a team being good or bad, this is about a coach winning the Jack Adams. When you coach a team to similar results as years prior you likely won’t get many nods for the award

Good attempt at derailing though ;)

Reactions: karltonian

Ol' Jase

Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
We aren’t talking about a team being good or bad, this is about a coach winning the Jack Adams. When you coach a team to similar results as years prior you likely won’t get many nods for the award

Good attempt at derailing though ;)
Dude, you’re saying that the Oilers are a bad team that is expected to play at a .733 P% rate.

If they are as terrible as you say they are, wouldn’t getting a .733 P% out of them be considered a coaching triumph?

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Ya I mean he'd be a front runner regardless. Whole team turned around. Was that McDavid getting healthy and the team just needed a kick in the ass? Maybe, but the correlation is hard to dispute.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I feel like it should be Tocchett. But as far as consideration goes for Knob, yeah why not.
Same.. I think he should be considered.

Using oilers lingo.. he's closer to jack Adams then bouch is to the Norris.lol

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Dude, you’re saying that the Oilers are a bad team that is expected to play at a .733 P% rate.

If they are as terrible as you say they are, wouldn’t getting a .733 P% out of them be considered a coaching triumph?

Nope, not when it’s in the same point percentage range as previous coaches. A coaching triumph would be seeing a vast improvement over the previous coach. Other coaches have accomplished more this season

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
It feels like Oilers fans know they won't win a cup so they just want to win all of the other awards.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
It feels like Oilers fans know they won't win a cup so they just want to win all of the other awards.
He has a case for being a top 5 candidate, he just really hasn’t improved the team in ways other coaches have

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
The Oilers are about as good as we expected them to be.

There was just an early season lull when McDavid and Ekholm were injured. Maybe he's a good coach but he hasn't exceeded my expectations.

More deserving candidates:

Tocchet
Tortorella
Brunette
Bowness

Also, how bad was Tippett? Injuries, possibly good or great coaching, but if you take over and the former guy was clueless you look a lot better.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The Oilers are about as good as we expected them to be.

There was just an early season lull when McDavid and Ekholm were injured. Maybe he's a good coach but he hasn't exceeded my expectations.

More deserving candidates:

Tocchet
Tortorella
Brunette
Bowness
Tocchet seems like the frontrunner but what Brunette is doing in Nashville is remarkable. I think the shine is starting to wear off of Bowness and Torts. Tocchet and Brunette should be the frontrunners.

Knoblauch has done a good job but the Oilers should have been this good all along so I don't think he should be in the running for the Adams.

Reactions: Regal

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Bednar guided us to a 47 point improvement and didn't win the Jack Adams lmao. Nominated, sure. Didn't win it.
Fair point

Tocchet seems like the frontrunner but what Brunette is doing in Nashville is remarkable. I think the shine is starting to wear off of Bowness and Torts. Tocchet and Brunette should be the frontrunners.

Knoblauch has done a good job but the Oilers should have been this good all along so I don't think he should be in the running for the Adams.
It should be Brunette, if the final games play out the same way they have

snag

Feb 22, 2014

Knoblach also suffers from being the 4th-coach in a row for the Oilers to have a phallic name, which, evidently, is now a requirement for the job:
-- Hitchcock
-- Tippett
-- Woodcroft
-- Knoblach

YARN | It was funny the first time I heard it | Happy Gilmore (1996) |  Video gifs by quotes | 8471d6d7 | 紗

Ol' Jase

Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
I’m not saying he wins it outright, I’m clearly saying does he get considered based on the amount of games coached.

The expectation for the Oilers could be a consideration as well. I agree with that assertion.

Don’t see how Oiler fans “knowing they won’t win the cup” has anything to do with it.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
I don't think he gets it, but his name maybe brought up

Tocchet is one although this is from March 25 - 12.4 shooting percentage this season is the highest of any NHL team in the salary cap era (since 2005-06). He seems to have some great system

Dallas coach

if anything, they should give the MVP to 97 if they do this.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad