Post-Game Talk: If The Oilers Score 3 Late Goals And No One Sees It Did They Score?

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014

Drai getting tried with Connor. *orgasm

Bleh... I don't like that third line at all as a result. It's only preseason so we'll see if it sticks, but I'd rather have tried Yakupov as the triggerman for McDavid. Who's passing to Yak now? Lander?

McDeathbyCheerios*

I feel like by seasons end our top 9 will be

Pouliot - RNH - Eberle
Hall - McDavid - Draisaitl
Trade - Lander - Yakupov

I think our top 2 lines become solid 2 way lines. 3rd line we get a good offensive winger to couple with Yak and Lander and it becomes a good scoring line. And the 4th line does its thing.

Another option....

Hall - McD - Eberle
Pouliot - RNH - Yak
Lander - Drai - Trade

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
ill add to that, if nurse continues to beat up the other teams tough guys he wont have to fight anymore. the message is sent Nurse will fight you and if you take liberties with anyone on his team he will whip your ass and your toughest guys ass too

Gadzic will take care of the heavyweights.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
meh, I bet we end up back where we started. Hall and Purcell got hurt, McLelland won't juggle everything based on one night.

Hall-McDavid-Purcell
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
Drai-Lander-Yaks

Mclelland wont' abandon yaks.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
meh, I bet we end up back where we started. Hall and Purcell got hurt, McLelland won't juggle everything based on one night.

Hall-McDavid-Purcell
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
Drai-Lander-Yaks

Mclelland wont' abandon yaks.

I asked the media guys, Purcell didn't get hurt, he got ****ing sat down. He's in real trouble in camp right now and is not with the "NHL" group for a reason

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Nurse should be on the AHL squad to start.

I think he will at least make a real strong case to make the Oilers but he hasn't earned anything yet. AHL player until proven otherwise.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I like how McLellan had no time for Purcell being **** so he got moved to the ahl group.

I want to see Yak with McDavid but I don't think a line with those 2 and Hall would work very well.

Having Drai up there makes sense to me as I think that lines cycle game and sustained offensive pressure would be incredible.I'm picturing a Drai back hand to a streaking McDavid who back hands it to a streaking Hall who roofs it

McDeathbyCheerios*

Nurse should be on the AHL squad to start.

I think he will at least make a real strong case to make the Oilers but he hasn't earned anything yet. AHL player until proven otherwise.
People can move between groups, too so it's not awful for him.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Twitter sucks, how the hell is the avg person supposed to know who drtwofive is? Can we get some kind of program with the players and names, numbers and twitter handles?

McDeathbyCheerios*

Yakupov playing with plugs...what else is new

but yeah lets just keep calling him a bust for not producing 1v3 in the offensive zone.
Yes cause Lander is a complete plug. I'm tired of this woe is Yak mentality of this board. They are trying Drai up in the line up. Just like they tried Purcell. Purcell failed and he was pushed down. Drai was our second best player last game other then McDavid so he is being tried on his right wing up in the lineup. Let's stop crying.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Yakupov playing with plugs...what else is new

but yeah lets just keep calling him a bust for not producing 1v3 in the offensive zone.

I'm not going to complain too much yet; they're just trying things in preseason and to be fair, Drai is the one that's at risk of being sent down, not Yak. For all we know they just want to give him a fair chance with our best before making a call there.

But I agree overall. Frustrating to see him get stuck without any talent yet again.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I'm not going to complain too much yet; they're just trying things in preseason and to be fair, Drai is the one that's at risk of being sent down, not Yak. For all we know they just want to give him a fair chance with our best before making a call there.

But I agree overall. Frustrating to see him get stuck without any talent yet again.
If Yak could play both wings I feel like he would get more chances around the lineup imo

Johnny McBravo

Hello Connor
May 28, 2010
Canada
I like how McLellan had no time for Purcell being **** so he got moved to the ahl group.

I want to see Yak with McDavid but I don't think a line with those 2 and Hall would work very well.

Having Drai up there makes sense to me as I think that lines cycle game and sustained offensive pressure would be incredible.I'm picturing a Drai back hand to a streaking McDavid who back hands it to a streaking Hall who roofs it

This isn't confirmed. Apparently he left the game early last night. Who knows, he may be hurt.

McDeathbyCheerios*

This isn't confirmed. Apparently he left the game early last night. Who knows, he may be hurt.
I've heard that but I also heard he just got sat. Like he left the game but not the bench.

He might just have to prove he is too good for the ahl group to movd back over.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
If Yak could play both wings I feel like he would get more chances around the lineup imo

For sure, but Yak's a project for better or worse at this point. He's not what I had envisioned when I was super excited to draft him, but I think it's in the Oilers' best interest to try and see if they can develop him to the point of being in that ballpark. He's got enough potential still that it's worth putting him in a place to succeed with what he's got. BUT as I said already, it's just pre-season testing and I'm not gonna get bent out of shape over it.

oilz89*

Seems exactly like my view last night which for some reason you ridiculed in the GDT. Yeah I noticed.

The game was awful, plodding affair in which the Oilers had what? 8PP's before they managed to score,

unfortunately I watched 50mins of **** of this game then miss the tying and winning goal as the feed crapped out.

I realize its an exhibition game but the first game for a headcoach who has been nonstop talking about not giving up on on plays and there was literally no battle tonight. No intensity.

Glad I went to the game last week with the Rookies against Bears which was far better game than this one. Its a pity that anybody has to pay to get into a game like this.

Nobody told you to watch the game

McDeathbyCheerios*

For sure, but Yak's a project for better or worse at this point. He's not what I had envisioned when I was super excited to draft him, but I think it's in the Oilers' best interest to try and see if they can develop him to the point of being in that ballpark. He's got enough potential still that it's worth putting him in a place to succeed with what he's got. BUT as I said already, it's just pre-season testing and I'm not gonna get bent out of shape over it.
I feel like the best bet for the team and Yak is... Top pp unit time and 3rd line 5v5 minutes. Have him get confident during the pp and scoring and have him continue to hone his 5v5 play on a less difficult line. Lander is looking good this year and far from a plug. Just need to find a winger that can gel with Yak

oilz89*

Even tho people still remember the fight, the fact Nurse played good on the ice is overlooked. ON had a good stat. Nurse had a 63% corsi with 50% Defensive zone starts and most against the top line. He completely neutralized Bennett along the boards and made Monahan invisible. When JG was on the ice against him he looked timid at times and didnt really get the best of Nurse. Looked really good against the other D tho

Please don't say the word corsi. It reminds me of eakins

oilz89*

I expected Sekera to be bigger. He looked much smaller than Fayne and Fayne doesnt look that big himself.

He was smaller, yes, but did you see his strength on the puck? He knows its a strength of his and he uses it a ton. Looked great last night

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad