If McDavid asks for and receives a trade does that finally force fans to stop supporting them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I honestly think the whole reason why Katz has no interest in doing anything with managment is cause fans still buy tickets and attend games and give him money despite them being a diaster for the last decade minus 1 season. Would Conor leaving finally make fans stop attending and finally force him to do something?
No

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
Considering this is the 500th thread on this topic in the last week.

cac.jpg

Reactions: ColbyChaos

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Obsessive mainboards McDavid thread.

Classic Leaf fan username, but you never know, maybe he was a big fan of his Canucks run, so checks post history: Leaf fan.

Every. Single. Time.

McDavid isn’t being traded. He hasn’t asked for a trade. He signed here for 8 years because he wants to be here. Worry about Matthews.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Honestly when/if the Oilers ever make a serious run at the Cup it will be so sweet to see all the Eastern media eat crow.

Lowest of the low hanging fruit in this thread.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
McDavid could threaten to sit out.

That would be a material breach of contract. Do that and you’re not playing NHL hockey until your contract expires.

Bettman would step in and make Katz burn the front office to the ground before he saw Connor McDavid suit up in the Austrian league.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
He's not going to ask for a trade!

He just said that the season was frustrating. I'm so sick of all these overreactions.

Mcdavid after the year says he’s frustrated after the year and that’s code for him wanting out of Edmonton.

Eichel after the year says he’s frustrated and that’s code for him being a crybaby.

Both guys have served there teams like absolute superstars and have grown as players into leaders and while mcdavid is even a tier ahead of eichel it’s absolutely criminal what both guys have to go through. Both guys have someone else draisaitl and dahlin they can look to but unless things turn around you’re going to keep hearing people make stuff up about both.

Society loves reading or making up chaos, hockey fans are no different.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Obsessive mainboards McDavid thread.

Classic Leaf fan username, but you never know, maybe he was a big fan of his Canucks run, so checks post history: Leaf fan.

Every. Single. Time.

McDavid isn’t being traded. He hasn’t asked for a trade. He signed here for 8 years because he wants to be here. Worry about Matthews.

I never mention the leafs and whoever I cheer for shouldnt matter. Get a f***ing grip

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I never mention the leafs and whoever I cheer for shouldnt matter. Get a ****ing grip

Your fanbase is stalker fangirl obsessed with McDavid and harbours a ridiculous fantasy where he’s going to demand a trade to Toronto and he’s somehow going to only cost you spare parts. Multiple threads a week. Is McDavid unhappy?? Has he demanded a trade??? He hates Edmonton!!! He wants to come home!!! We’re sick to goddamn death of it.

Reactions: Crabapple

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
While I truly believe that at the moment he is still fully committed to being a part of the solution in Edmonton, I’m not sure that would be the case in two years if things don’t turn. I do believe he currently wants to stay and turn things around, but I do think eventually if nothing changes there, he may feel differently.

At the very minimum, he must ponder what things would be like for him if that cursed lottery ball didn’t land where it did. Who wouldn’t?

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Ah yes, off season threads have started early this year I see.

4chandler

Apr 11, 2019
It's crazy how much Toronto media has blown this non story up. Leafsnet has released 2 videos in the past 3 months (forget the 1st one, 2nd one was Tim & Sid aka Toronto fan bois). It is literally impossible for Connor to force a trade. He's not even in the 1st year of an 8 year deal, what's he going to do if they refuse? And they would 100% refuse.

With that said, I honestly feel bad for him. I'm not sure how much of a toll it will take on his mental health if they continue to lose and if this team doesn't win a cup during his 1st contract he is for sure leaving. It might already be a done deal that he will leave after this contract anyways based on the permanent damage these few years have done on him.

Not to mention the Steve Dangle podcast that trashes the Oilers weekly as if the Leafs have never been mismanaged. They would be apologists for Leafs management but the Oilers and Sens are incompetent.

Funny the Oilers and Sens don't have their own fans making sites with names like Pension Plan Puppets, the irony is lost of the thick headed.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Not if he doesn't want to be, he's a superstar he can force his way out of Edmonton if he wants to.

He doesn't want to. He's probably never going to go to the Maple Leafs since the media in Toronto would never leave him alone.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
They can make him sit. Oilers own him for 7 years, that's the plain facts.

Sure they COULD but they wouldn't because doing that would be poison for that team, Look at the NBA star players demand trades all the time and they eventually get it almost every time.

Contracts in pro sports don't mean shit, especially when it comes to superstar players, all they are good for is assuring the player gets paid.

If a player like Mcdavid or Matthews or Eichel says "I want a trade." they are either A going to get it o

Or B the team will do ANYTHING to get them to change their mind because when you are the face of the franchise, and in Mcdavid's case the face of the league he hold the power, if he demand he's getting traded OR the Oilers will do whatever they are told to keep him happy.

Mcdavid is the face of the Oilers, AND the NHL.

Like it or not, Mcdavid is the boss, Mcdavid calls the shots

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
How would any team even trade for McDavid? The return Edmonton would want, would gut most teams.

I can't think of a single team that could trade for McDavid and not damage themselves completely.

I think if you can get Mcdavid you have to do it.

4chandler

Apr 11, 2019
Sure they COULD but they wouldn't because doing that would be poison for that team, Look at the NBA star players demand trades all the time and they eventually get it almost every time.

Contracts in pro sports don't mean ****, especially when it comes to superstar players, all they are good for is assuring the player gets paid.

If a player like Mcdavid or Matthews or Eichel says "I want a trade." they are either A going to get it o

Or B the team will do ANYTHING to get them to change their mind because when you are the face of the franchise, and in Mcdavid's case the face of the league he hold the power, if he demand he's getting traded OR the Oilers will do whatever they are told to keep him happy.

Mcdavid is the face of the Oilers, AND the NHL.

Like it or not, Mcdavid is the boss, Mcdavid calls the shots
That's your opinion, you're ignoring how contracts work. Oilers literally own his career.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
How would any team even trade for McDavid? The return Edmonton would want, would gut most teams.

I can't think of a single team that could trade for McDavid and not damage themselves completely.

I think you'd have to look at teams with either a VERY deep roster that could absorb the hit to their depth, so teams like Tampa, Toronto, Winnipeg etc.

or a team with a VERY strong prospect pool like the NYR, Colorado teams like that.

There aren't many teams that could do it but I think Toronto, Tampa, Winnipeg, Colorado and the Rangers could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad