If McDavid asks for and receives a trade does that finally force fans to stop supporting them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Anyone else tired of this if/when McDavid demands a trade nonsense?

He willingly signed a lucrative, long-term contract with the Oilers, and doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would raise the gargantuan controversy such a demand would produce.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's best player in the world.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Honest question. If McDavid came out and said “I want to stay in Edmonton, but I don’t think this management group can get the job done”, what does Katz do?

Does he keep his childhood heroes employed even though they are beyond terrible so he can remain the #1 fanboy?

Or does he do what’s best for the team today and look to hire an actual qualified and an actual knowledgeable management team?

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Honest question. If McDavid came out and said “I want to stay in Edmonton, but I don’t think this management group can get the job done”, what does Katz do?

Does he keep his childhood heroes employed even though they are beyond terrible so he can remain the #1 fanboy?

Or does he do what’s best for the team today and look to hire an actual qualified and an actual knowledgeable management team?

Katz loves money above anything else. McDavid brings in money.

Don’t think he cares about hockey at all other than how much it puts in his bank account.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
just facts, it's a pretty mediocre city. i don't care what iveson tells you.

no, i'm actually quite right here. since the finals run in 06' the oilers have consistently been at the top of the league for sellouts and season tickets...yet the fans have been crapped on for decades with horrible management decisions with constant increases in prices (both tickets and concessions annually). Are you really being an apologist for the management? the fans came out in droves before mcdavid while they lingered at the bottom, and they will continue to do the same if connor leaves. they're literally the most loyal fans in hockey. but hey bobby nicks has a $15 burger.

No, I’m being an apologist for Edmonton.

It’s not a shit city. If you can’t find things to do, that’s on you. It’s tiring seeing this garbage being spewed all the time, like it’s a fact.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
No, I’m being an apologist for Edmonton.

It’s not a **** city. If you can’t find things to do, that’s on you. It’s tiring seeing this garbage being spewed all the time, like it’s a fact.

I live here bud, you're biased. It's blue collared and a nice, safe place to raise a family. But it's hardly a happening spot. Get real. Anyways i don't want to derail the thread and neither should you. talk in pm's if you want.

I just want some accountability for this organization. I'm out.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I live here bud, you're biased. It's blue collared and a nice, safe place to raise a family. But it's hardly a happening spot. Get real. Anyways i don't want to derail the thread and neither should you. talk in pm's if you want.

I just want some accountability for this organization. I'm out.

Like I said. You’re speaking as if your opinion as it’s a fact. I live here too and there’s ton to do.

It’s alright to be wrong. If you didn’t want to derail a thread, you wouldn’t have made the city dumping comment.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Like I said. You’re speaking as if your opinion as it’s a fact. I live here too and there’s ton to do.

It’s alright to be wrong. If you didn’t want to derail a thread, you wouldn’t have made the city dumping comment.
i'll see you on whyte or jasper for the 176th weekend in a row.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
There’s stuff to do in Arizona, there’s nothing to do in Edmonton

But there's mini golf at the West Edmonton Mall!

zzx97h724pr21.jpg

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Oilers will turn it around. Why would Edmontonians stop supporting the Oilers? What are they going to do, support the Flames? Not while there is a team in Edmonton.

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
Honestly, posts like this - and there are plenty of them still, almost as though the authors think they're being funny and creative - come straight from under a bridge.

Yeeah Ok. like making up ******** excuses as to why people cant attend games in Glendale when tickets theres are dirt cheap
Phoenix is like the 5th most populated city in North America and when they have a team that give them a reason to come out they do

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Phoenix is like the 5th most populated city in North America and when they have a team that give them a reason to come out they do
they were 3rd last in attendance this year and they were pretty good...what an awful excuse, especially when tickets are dirt cheap

no legit owner wants to buy that money-pit of a franchise so the NHL needed to take them over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad