Speculation: IF Landy doesn't sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Not concerned. I bet the deal is already agreed between the two parties. just waiting for the XD to be over.

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
You gotta sign your core players. Plain and simple. Manage the cap, deal with contract term when players decline, find solutions. You can’t always pre-emptively protect your cap for 3 years down the road.

Isn't the second option PRECISELY what a quality GM should do?

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Im not someone that really wants to give landy a big deal. However, obviously most do. So my question at what point do you let him walk? Just for argument sake we will say he gets 7 years. What per year amount would you say its just too much?

teoberto

Mar 13, 2021
Im not someone that really wants to give landy a big deal. However, obviously most do. So my question at what point do you let him walk? Just for argument sake we will say he gets 7 years. What per year amount would you say its just too much?
50 mil over 7 or 8 years (this last preferred) would be my highest offer considering the current flat cap and what RNH got

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
Landeskog spotted in Canada via Instagram, confirmed signing in Canadian market??? E4 to Toronto???

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Last 3 seasons 5v5. Top line with Landy xGF% 57.57%. Mikko and Nate without Landy xGF% 48.42%. Make no mistake, he’s critical to that line clicking and would be very hard to replace.

I think this is expected. The drop off between Landy and whoever else would’ve been up there over the years is significant.

I know MacKinnon and Rantanen have also piled up plenty of points when Landeskog’s been out of the lineup though. MacK had one of the best stretches of his career when Landeskog was injured two years ago.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I think this is expected. The drop off between Landy and whoever else would’ve been up there over the years is significant.

I know MacKinnon and Rantanen have also piled up plenty of points when Landeskog’s been out of the lineup though. MacK had one of the best stretches of his career when Landeskog was injured two years ago.
They’ve each had stretches, but the data and eye test is clear the line completes with Landy on it. Without him, it takes a large step back. It would be a challenge to replace Landy.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
They’ve each had stretches, but the data and eye test is clear the line completes with Landy on it. Without him, it takes a large step back. It would be a challenge to replace Landy.

I agree.

Losing Landeskog would mean saying goodbye to the best line in hockey imo.

I don’t think it would cripple the team though. You can’t bring in a player as good as Landeskog, but you could off-set a lot of what he brought by balancing out the lineup.

He’s just not a blank cheque kind of player and that’s part of what’s going to be hard with this negotiation.

I want him back, but the Avs should have a limit.

Reactions: nightonthesun

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I agree.

I don’t think it would cripple the team though. You can’t bring in a player as good as Landeskog, but you could off-set a lot of what he brought by balancing out the lineup.

He’s just not a blank cheque kind of player and that’s part of what’s going to be hard with this negotiation.

He’s not a blank check guy, but the Avs should be willing to pay market for him (or any core player). I don’t see how they could spend a combo of money under 8m and improve the team in ufa. Trades will cost future assets making it more difficult down the road.

Reactions: Nihiliste

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I agree.

That line is in Boston.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
He’s not a blank check guy, but the Avs should be willing to pay market for him (or any core player). I don’t see how they could spend a combo of money under 8m and improve the team in ufa. Trades will cost future assets making it more difficult down the road.

Trades cost assets, but you actually need the cap space to get players back in trades.

I wouldn’t like to see him go, but $8M is not a number I would touch in this market.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Here’s an “IF” question given the title of the thread:

IF Landeskog does leave, who ends up as Captain of the team?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Trades cost assets, but you actually need the cap space to get players back in trades.

I wouldn’t like to see him go, but $8M is not a number I would touch in this market.
I’m saying replacing Landy will be more costly than paying him. Either short term in lesser players and more dollars. Long term in assets. Or a combo of both.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Here’s an “IF” question given the title of the thread:

IF Landeskog does leave, who ends up as Captain of the team?

1230937145.0.jpg

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
Just sign the contract and move on. 75+ million dollars with endorsements and all the perks isn’t enough????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad