Speculation: IF Landy doesn't sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
That said, if Landy feels like he deserves $8M in a flat cap era, maybe they have to let him walk.
It'll be really interesting to hear the fallout and spin (if it happens, which I doubt). In cases like this, numbers always leak if things go sideways.

Letting Landy walk would be a huge mistake at an inopportune time.

Reactions: Pokecheque

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Lose Landy, Gru, Saad
Replace with Kaut, Annunen, Ranta on ELCs

Pretty much the exact same as the Tampa model developing guys as as a squad in the minors haha its all good right guys!?

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Lose Landy, Gru, Saad

Pretty much the exact same as the Tampa model developing guys as as a squad in the minors haha its all good right guys!?

I have no faith any of these guys could contribute the same way some of those Tampa players have. Ranta maybe but I would be surprised if he didn't start the season in Loveland. Annunen might be Miska bad for all we know and they don't seem to like Kaut. You lose Landy, Gru and Saad and rely on those 3 you are screwed

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Lose Landy, Gru, Saad

upload_2021-7-13_16-57-36.gif

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Dude is gone. Probably asking for 8M+ due to his inflated point totals. Can't say I blame him. Played exclusively with star players and now he is taking that blessing all the way to the bank.

Reactions: CharlesPuck

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
It likely is a battle over term rather than AAV IMO. The Avs rarely go long term on deals, even when they should.

Dreger is getting info from Landy's camp if anything, likely a calculated pressure technique as Landy does not want to leave.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This board still hasn't recovered from losing in the playoffs and now we have four threads (Trade/Offseason/Landeskog/IF Landy Doesn't Sign) where people can freak out about the idea of losing the team captain. :laugh:

Reactions: Pokecheque

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I have zero issues with 8 years, $6.5 - $7 aav. Like I said before, I predict he signs for 8 years and $6.67M aav.

Perhaps Joe is offering 6 years at $6M. I don't think 2 more years and 2/3 M$ is a huge gap. However, if Landy wants $7.5M -$8M aav... Man... probably have to let him walk. Even if he ends up in Stl. they're not winning shit any time soon. Tarasenko out, Landy in? Still have the same shit D, and no one else that can really score.

It would suck to play him, but I wouldn't fear him or their team. Saad as his replacement, or trade for JT Miller, or Lindholm/Monahan, or Reinhart, or etc. I think they could overcome his play on the ice with the right move... but in the room... that's where he'd be missed.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I love Landeskog, but hopefully the Avs realize that overpaying for him could be a catastrophic mistake. He was quite bad in the Vegas series. He can’t carry his own line like Rantanen or MacKinnon, and he shouldn’t he paid like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad