Speculation: IF Landy doesn't sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
It's going to hurt a lot more than some posters are letting on if he walks. I really hope they can come to an agreement that's not hindering to the future of the team. He's just not worth a super-mega contract that pays him like a guy who drives his own line. Learn from Toronto - you can't tie up a massive portion of your cap to only a couple of forwards.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm just picturing Landy and Joe kicking back in a couple big leather chairs drinking scotch to celebrate the $7M x 6 year handshake deal they agreed upon, while they watch and laugh at Joe texting out "leaks" that they're not close on a deal, to avoid any fuss when Landy signs AFTER expansion.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I'm just picturing Landy and Joe kicking back in a couple big leather chairs drinking scotch to celebrate the $7M x 6 year handshake deal they agreed upon, while they watch and laugh at Joe texting out "leaks" that they're not close on a deal, to avoid any fuss when Landy signs AFTER expansion.

There should be no hold up. Even if Landy signs now they have to expose two forwards with enough GP - Compher and Dong.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Most often players go for the money and he isn't getting the biggest payday in Colorado.

That is more or less all we know. The rest is speculation.

Don't see why he would leave. Captain of a Stanley Cup contender, up and coming team, demanded to not be traded and be part of the solution back in our shit years, he's going to get a sweet payday regardless.

If he does leave... I'll be equal parts shocked and livid.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Lose Landy, Gru, Saad
Replace with Kaut, Annunen, Ranta on ELCs

Pretty much the exact same as the Tampa model developing guys as as a squad in the minors haha its all good right guys!?
“I watched Moneyball in a bar last night. The sound wasn’t on, but I think I got the gyst of it.”

Reactions: shadow1

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
People are nuts if they think Landy is going to sign for $6-7 mil. Look at the list of players making this kind of money and Landy is way better then most of them. He is going to want close to $8 mil and he’s probably going to get it, maybe not from the avs but someone will give it to him. Kevin Heyes and JVR are both making 7+ mil.

Reactions: Vk1ing

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
People are nuts if they think Landy is going to sign for $6-7 mil. Look at the list of players making this kind of money and Landy is way better then most of them. He is going to want close to $8 mil and he’s probably going to get it, maybe not from the avs but someone will give it to him. Kevin Heyes and JVR are both making 7+ mil.
Landy has earned that amount (8m), but just like the other side, we don’t know what is being asked. If he walks, these things have a way of leaking. If they get solved, we’ll never know the details of the scrum.

One thing is pretty certain. Losing Landy would leave the Avs with a big hole that would be tough to replace. Sakic would have his work cut out for him.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Landeskog isn’t leaving, I’m pretty confident in that, but for the record I’d rather him walk than the Avs overpay him at his age.

This isn’t Makar or MacKinnon, this isn’t even Mikko. The Avs would miss him for sure, more off the ice than on the ice I’d bet. On the ice I think he’s pretty replaceable with that money.

But again I’d be floored if Landy and Joe didn’t find a solution.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Hope this gets done fairly but at the end of the day I feel letting him go would be a way better decision than overpaying him. Let’s just hope neither of those happen.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Those guys also signed in a non-flat cap era. Teams can't afford that price in today's NHL.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Those guys also signed in a non-flat cap era. Teams can't afford that price in today's NHL.
But teams will pay top dollar for Landy. If he goes to fa I think there is a team that will pay 8.5 to 10 mil for him. It’s up to him if he wants to be loyal and take a discount but if he wants money and term someone will pay him

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
If we were to lose Landy, our chance at a cup goes way down.
Sakic would have to really work to make the team as good as it would be with Landy, which would either involve future assets going out or signing UFA contracts taking up the saved space. It makes winning the cup more difficult and that only compounds as more contracts expire.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Sakic would have to really work to make the team as good as it would be with Landy, which would either involve future assets going out or signing UFA contracts taking up the saved space. It makes winning the cup more difficult and that only compounds as more contracts expire.
Yup, we lose him and we don't win within our MacKinnon window. And/or deplete our quality prospect reserve to become the team we were.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
How did we go from decent to contender to possible disaster in 3 years. I mean we should not be a disaster but if Landy and Gru walk we could be in trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad