Not open for further replies.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
If:

- Landeskog resigns at a $7m AAV, and
- we resign Grubauer at something like $5.5m; and
- Compher gets traded for a pick...

We would have about ~$2.5m to play with for another forward. In that case I think the play is to go for a player with a <$4m caphit at 50% retention. Someone like Rakell would be perfect, or it could be Jenner with the idea of adding a scorer at the deadline. Jenner could also play 3C if Newhook needs to be on the wing.

The roster below keeps Makar, Landeskog, and Grubauer, and also comes in ~$600k below the cap ceiling after factoring in the $1.7m overages.

The 3rd line might be a bit green, but you could replace Kaut with a cheap UFA signing. Alternatively spread the wealth and have Rakell on the 3rd line for some extra scoring depth.

upload_2021-7-21_19-54-14.png

upload_2021-7-21_19-54-35.png

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Hall signed for 4 x $6M. I think Hall is as good as Landeskog tbh or around a similar tier at least, really he's better if he's fully healthy.

At this point Landeskog getting $7 M is an overpayment if anything especially if it's at 6-7 years. I wouldn't be too upset if he didn't re-sign in this case, I'd be sad we lost a good player and a great Av but we don't need to be overpaying wingers right now.

Do wonder if we can bring back Saad though.

jimmysheva

Mar 16, 2014
What about Newhook in the second line with Kadri and Burakovski (assuming we don't sign Saad). Then next year Newhook replaces Kadri in 2C

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
Imagine if we pulled something like

Frank + Compher + Good prospect + pick

for

Kuemper @ 50%

and resigned Saad 3.7

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Imagine if we pulled something like

Frank + Compher + Good prospect + pick

for

Kuemper @ 50%

and resigned Saad 3.7
I don't think Compher has that much negative value, if at all.

Lot's of teams just lost a middle 6 forward and several would probably see value in adding a versatile RHS forward like Compher to their roster.

Remember the reaction from NJ's GM upon acquiring Graves, saying he was "ecstatic" to have him. Often GM's value players higher than fans. Zadorov and Bowman last year is another example.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I wouldn’t do 7’s unless it’s 5 years, or shorter.

I know it’s stupid to quibble over a small amount, but you have to draw a line somewhere.

Reactions: cinchronicity

Richard Doll

Feb 18, 2020
Saint Albans, Vermont
Jost improved last season and turned into a solid defensive forward. I don't think 2 million is out of line, Nuke is at 2.5. Nuke can provide better offense, but Jost can play center.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Tyson Jost is a 4th line centre if he wants anything more than 1M per season he can walk straight to UFA for all I care.

Can't win draws, small and slower than what he should be for his size. Also a black hole offensively.

You can find a Tyson Jost caliber player anywhere in UFA. The last thing this team needs to do is pay him 2M per season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia