If Jarome Iginla was a Rental, Where Would You Want to See Him Go?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I think this "trading in the division" thing is blown out of proportion. Iginla is a UFA, the Flames don't care (or shouldn't care) where he plays, they will want the best return regardless of where he goes. It's different with a player with years on his contract, but for a UFA divisions & conferences don't mean much.

Also I know Kennedy is a contract dump, that's why I never included him when I was talking about the value coming back.

I also doubt Maatta is ready to step into the lineup, most defensemen take at least a couple years before they are ready.

That is the difference between a GM and a fan, a GM is suppose to remove the emotion and fan cannot.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That is the difference between a GM and a fan, a GM is suppose to remove the emotion and fan cannot.
I read this as "Abbostford Heat will make a better GM than you" :laugh:

All kidding aside, I agree completely. I would hate if Iginla went to Vancouver or Edmonton but if they offered the best deal I would expect Feaster to try and make that move.

I would also like to point out Toronto & Boston has a long history of making trades, being rivals has never stopped it.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I read this as "Abbostford Heat will make a better GM than you" :laugh:

All kidding aside, I agree completely. I would hate if Iginla went to Vancouver or Edmonton but if they offered the best deal I would expect Feaster to try and make that move.

I would also like to point out Toronto & Boston has a long history of making trades, being rivals has never stopped it.

:laugh: not what I was going for but if it makes you feel better :laugh:

Yea I don't think we will trade him period but I wish we would make the move.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
:laugh: not what I was going for but if it makes you feel better :laugh:

Yea I don't think we will trade him period but I wish we would make the move.
I'm not sure the Flames should trade him. That kind of shock to a franchise can send it into a spiral. The Ryan Smyth trade for example sent the Oilers into a record setting tailspin, that they never got out of, even when he returned.

I believe trading your captain, leading scorer and most popular player has to be done right. If it is mishandled like the Smyth fiasco I believe it creates trust issues within the franchise, it creates of veil of doubt around the league about how the team is being run. Which makes it harder to be on the winning end of trades and makes it less likely players will waive a NTC to join you or sign with you as a free agent.

I really think you can't trade a player like Iginla unless you are getting what you think is a can't miss return. This is not like the Hossa and Kovalchuk trades because everyone knew they were leaving Atlanta, in the case of Iginla I think most believe he wants to be a Flame.

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
I actually would not do the deal for maata. To me he is to much of a gamble and he doesn't in my opinion have as high as a ceiling as say despres or morrow. Those are the 2 Id ask the pens about. Maybe Harrington but he's on the outside with maata as far as ceilings go.

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
the Portland winter hawk connection to Baertchi and wotherspoon along with the fact he is a Alberta born player and has the right amount of size and skill are a few reasons why I want the main piece coming back from Pittsburgh to be joe morrow.

I also think he is more ready to step in to our lineup than maata is.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If Iginla goes to Pittsburg, we need to be getting Morrow back. I'm also sure our scouts have seen him play plenty and he is at the top of their list. If we cannot get him, I'd look to Boston for a deal centered around Spooner AND Khokhlachev.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
If Iginla goes to Pittsburg, we need to be getting Morrow back. I'm also sure our scouts have seen him play plenty and he is at the top of their list. If we cannot get him, I'd look to Boston for a deal centered around Spooner AND Khokhlachev.
Trade Iginla for Morrow, trade Bouwmeester or Gio for a package including Rattie.

It's almost a complete set.

Baertschi - ??? - Rattie
Morrow - Wotherspoon

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
:laugh: I would agree, he/ownership seems to attached to the players we have. A GM should look at it objectively and see how he can improve the team.
I disagree, I don't think it has anything to do with attachment. I think it has more to do with the fans attachment and maybe that of the owners. I also think Feaster knows that his time in Calgary will more or less be defined by how the Iginla situation is handled. I also think he is doing like I stated above, shopping for the "perfect" deal. It is not a trade he can make lightly because its a situation where no trade is better than a bad trade.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I disagree, I don't think it has anything to do with attachment. I think it has more to do with the fans attachment and maybe that of the owners. I also think Feaster knows that his time in Calgary will more or less be defined by how the Iginla situation is handled. I also think he is doing like I stated above, shopping for the "perfect" deal. It is not a trade he can make lightly because its a situation where no trade is better than a bad trade.

He may not be the attached one, but up to this point I seriously doubt he has been shopping Iginla.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Trade Iginla for Morrow, trade Bouwmeester or Gio for a package including Rattie.

It's almost a complete set.

Baertschi - ??? - Rattie
Morrow - Wotherspoon
you have to go for a full top 6 and top 4. Let Pittsburgh keep their first and trade Iginla for Pouliot & Morrow, send something to Nashville for Leipsic, trade everything to move up to draft Jones, Petan & Bjorkstrand

Sven - Leipsic - Rattie
Nino - Petan - Bjorkstrand

Jones - Wotherspoon
Morrow - Pouliot

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
you have to go for a full top 6 and top 4. Let Pittsburgh keep their first and trade Iginla for Pouliot & Morrow, send something to Nashville for Leipsic, trade everything to move up to draft Jones, Petan & Bjorkstrand

Sven - Leipsic - Rattie

Jones - Wotherspoon
Morrow - Pouliot

:laugh: Perfect.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Joking aside I actually like our defense moving forward of the Flames could get Jones.

Jones - Seiloff
Wotherspoon - Brodie
Ramage - Culkin

and there is still Breen who I believe to be very close if not NHL ready and Kulak who is having a good year for the Giants.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Joking aside I actually like our defense moving forward of the Flames could get Jones.

Jones - Seiloff
Wotherspoon - Brodie
Ramage - Culkin

and there is still Breen who I believe to be very close if not NHL ready and Kulak who is having a good year for the Giants.

Personally I want Barkov/Drouin/Mckinnon more than Jones. Not that I don't think Jones will be good but I feel the other 3 will be better.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Barkov or Monahan for me.

I like a lot of the proposals with Gio to STL. Cole is a very large dman, good skater, and okay contributor. He's a definite upgrade on Butler and doesn't make as many bone head plays.

drugold

drunk, goals&swagger
Jul 13, 2009
Brisbane,

Sven - Leipsic - Rattie

Jones - Wotherspoon
Morrow - Pouliot

Please do this

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Jets would love to have him on our team. Currently leading the SE division and 5th in the east if you eliminate division seeds, playing for 4th today.

He would be an absolutely perfect fit with us. But I don't think the asking price is something we could meet.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Jets would love to have him on our team. Currently leading the SE division and 5th in the east if you eliminate division seeds, playing for 4th today.

He would be an absolutely perfect fit with us. But I don't think the asking price is something we could meet.

You might be surprised, a 1st plus maybe Burmistrov?

Lim Ran

Apr 11, 2009
Toronto
How can you not want to see Iggy spoiled by playing with the two best centres in the world?

Even if one gets hurt, he's still playing with the best active centre in the league.

I think it'd be awesome to watch Crosby hand Iginla the Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad