If Jarome Iginla was a Rental, Where Would You Want to See Him Go?

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
If it meant Iggy getting a solid chance at the cup, and us getting a good return, so be it.

This, I would love to see us get a great return for him but to be 100% honest, with how he has dedicated himself whole-heartidly to Calgary as a city and the Flames as an organization, my top priority is him winning a cup.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
**** off, seriously. I don't even know how you call yourself a Flames fan.

Agreed.

Sure, we all have a second team, but i'm pretty sure Calgary must be his second team.

It's just weird to be a fan of 2 rival teams. Like, extremely weird. :help:

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Agreed.

Sure, we all have a second team, but i'm pretty sure Calgary must be his second team.

It's just weird to be a fan of 2 rival teams. Like, extremely weird. :help:

So what if Calgary is his second team, which I don't believe it is, he's still a fan and liking another team doesn't change that. I'm a Penguins fan, so logically my favorite choice for a trade is to them so that I can see him win with another of my favorite teams, whats wrong with that?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
**** off, seriously. I don't even know how you call yourself a Flames fan.
same way you do.

so his taste is a little bit skewed, its bound to happen to someone who grows up in that region.

it doesn't give you the right to talk down to him like you are a better person.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Coming from a guy who blasts anyone for even mentioning the Abbotsford Heat.
no it's coming from a guy who is tired of people making assumptions on games they don't watch. I don't criticize people for being a fan, I criticize them for being buffoons.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
so what if calgary is his second team, which i don't believe it is, he's still a fan and liking another team doesn't change that. I'm a penguins fan, so logically my favorite choice for a trade is to them so that i can see him win with another of my favorite teams, whats wrong with that?

it's vancouver

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
same way you do.

so his taste is a little bit skewed, its bound to happen to someone who grows up in that region.

it doesn't give you the right to talk down to him like you are a better person.

Never said anything about being a better person, just don't see how you can fathom Iggy going to the Nucks regardless if he could win a cup. You can honestly sit their and say you would be happy to see Iggy lifting Vancouver's first Cup as a happy moment? Most Flames fans would say **** no!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Never said anything about being a better person, just don't see how you can fathom Iggy going to the Nucks regardless if he could win a cup. You can honestly sit their and say you would be happy to see Iggy lifting Vancouver's first Cup as a happy moment? Most Flames fans would say **** no!
Just because you and I can't fathom it or won't like it, doesn't mean someone else can't like it or imagine it. Being in the minority doesn't make him less of a fan.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Just an awkward/weird fan then.

I grew up near Edmonton my whole life (live here now), and absolutely despise the Oilers.

I'm sure a few Montreal fans are Toronto fans too, should go ask.

Shawnofthedeadz

Jan 18, 2013

If Iginla raised a cup in Edmonton or Vancouver I don't think I could ever accept him as a Flame. I probably would sell my Jersey and cry for a very long time in the darkest place of my house. My childhood would be ruined, my dreams for a future crushed, and my purpose in life lost. This must never happen.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
If Iginla raised a cup in Edmonton or Vancouver I don't think I could ever accept him as a Flame. I probably would sell my Jersey and cry for a very long time in the darkest place of my house. My childhood would be ruined, my dreams for a future crushed, and my purpose in life lost. This must never happen.

That's kinda sad, to be honest.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton

This makes me sad to even be called a Flames fan, grow up... He has given everything and received nothing. He deserves a shot to win, I don't care who it's with, but no matter who he gets traded to, I'll be cheering my ass off for him, glad that he's getting his shot to live out his dream. Sure it's too bad he couldn't do it here, but how selfish can you possibly be. If Vancouver is his best shot, so be it, for one playoff run I can alter my allegiances.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
I'm curious as to how you know this? Any source?

http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/03/10/iginla-and-flames-still-not-talking-extension

Iginla's agent says he's waiting for a response from Iginla before he discusses a new contract with the Flames. I think its a good indication that he might be considering getting traded OR signing somewhere else in the future which is why he might be stalling.

At this point, Meehan is awaiting instruction from his longtime client on how to proceed.

TylerSVT*

Pens LA or Bruins.

I think he would fit on any of those teams.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
This makes me sad to even be called a Flames fan, grow up... He has given everything and received nothing. He deserves a shot to win, I don't care who it's with, but no matter who he gets traded to, I'll be cheering my ass off for him, glad that he's getting his shot to live out his dream. Sure it's too bad he couldn't do it here, but how selfish can you possibly be. If Vancouver is his best shot, so be it, for one playoff run I can alter my allegiances.

I think he received a nice pay cheque? Somewhere around 70million dollars? :sarcasm:

I will say Boston, Pitts, Philly, or the Rags. I wouldn't mind the Habs, Sharks, Kings or Blues either. All in all, I see his best shot to win the cup with Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad