If Jarome Iginla was a Rental, Where Would You Want to See Him Go?

Shawnofthedeadz

Jan 18, 2013
Okay, lets pretend Flames management decides Jarome Iginla should be traded at the trade deadline. No matter whether or not this is the correct decision, I am curious what teams people would like to see him on.

So what team would you like to see Jarome on? Why? And what would the Flames get in return?

My choice is Pittsburgh. I think reuniting Crosby and Iginla would be awesome to watch. It would greatly increase Jarome's production. Heck, if Kunitz is on pace for 100+ points, Imagine Jarome's pace. I feel we could see a 60 goal scoring pace from him. In return I see the Flames getting Maatta and/or Bennett + 1st.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Boston (East), or Chicago (West).

I'd love to see him with either team, to play for a contender, and to have a chance for the cup. He's done enough for Calgary to warrant a choice to move.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Flame suit on, The Canucks.

1347919736_smh.gif

Bruins or Pens.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Penguins, Bruins, Blackhawks, Rangers, Blues, LA.

Actually... send him to whomever we get the best return from, even if it's the Oilers.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Penguins seems like the best fit as they have left that right wing position open. But I'd be fine with a good Cup contender.

Shawnofthedeadz

Jan 18, 2013

Actually... send him to whomever we get the best return from, even if it's the Oilers.

Probably not a good idea, he wants to win a cup so he should go to someone who has the best shot this year. That way, we make him happy and there is a higher probability he resigns with us in the off season. Also I'm not a fan of trading him to a western team. I don't want to be forced to watch him kick our teams ass. That would just make me sad.

Flamer12

Feb 11, 2013
Canada
Of course like to see him with Crosby but would like to see him stay in Canada. Never even hear Montreal mentioned so assume they do not have the cap space or the assets to give up. Or they are like me and do not think they are actual cup contenders.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Thee Bruins are good because they have a lot of depth and only really lack a top 6 winger. The Rangers, Canucks, and Blues are my alternative choices because they're positioned for a cup run. The Penguins lack depth IMO. The Red Wings lack defense. The Sharks lack something, they always do. Chicago could do it too, but goaltending is always a question mark. Philly is like the Sharks and lacks a certain I don't know what. And who's left as a bonafide favorite? No team repeats so the Kings are out

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Philly is my other favorite team, so I would like a bidding war and Philly to panic and give us a huge deal. Then Iggy wins it with Philly. I would like any center's they have.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Would love to see him suit up for the Habs if it came to that. Don't really care as long as we maximize the return, but not Vancouver. Anywhere but there.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Preferably the Hawks or the Bruins. Maybe the Penguins in a pinch.

What makes you think he'd waive his NTC for anything less than a cup contender?

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Bruins or Pens. Preferably the first option.

I could also live with Chicago and LA.

Doubt Philly makes a move with their struggles and Ottawa is my real first pick but with Karlsson out and Spezza not back for sure yet, its highly unlikely.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Iginla is apparently taking some time to think if he wants to remain a Flame and is holding off contract talks till then. It could be that for the first time he's actually looking at life outside of Calgary. I believe that if they haven't made any slight progress on contract talks in the next week or two, we could see Iginla on his way out. There's no way that management lets him walk in July for nothing. The trade deadline is approaching and it should be an interesting one for the Flames.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Iginla is apparently taking some time to think if he wants to remain a Flame and is holding off contract talks till then. It could be that for the first time he's actually looking at life outside of Calgary. I believe that if they haven't made any slight progress on contract talks in the next week or two, we could see Iginla on his way out. There's no way that management lets him walk in July for nothing. The trade deadline is approaching and it should be an interesting one for the Flames.

I'm curious as to how you know this? Any source?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad