If Jarome Iginla was a Rental, Where Would You Want to See Him Go?

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
I think he received a nice pay cheque? Somewhere around 70million dollars? :sarcasm:

I will say Boston, Pitts, Philly, or the Rags. I wouldn't mind the Habs, Sharks, Kings or Blues either. All in all, I see his best shot to win the cup with Boston.

He could have received more than that on most any team the year he signed that deal.

Shawnofthedeadz

Jan 18, 2013
This makes me sad to even be called a Flames fan, grow up... He has given everything and received nothing. He deserves a shot to win, I don't care who it's with, but no matter who he gets traded to, I'll be cheering my ass off for him, glad that he's getting his shot to live out his dream. Sure it's too bad he couldn't do it here, but how selfish can you possibly be. If Vancouver is his best shot, so be it, for one playoff run I can alter my allegiances.

In less dramatic fashion, but you don't trade elite players to division rivals. Vancouver winning the cup would be the worst thing since Edmonton wining the cup. There is no way Iginla goes to Edmonton or Vancouver. Also, unless the offer is absolutely amazing I would say its about a 90% chance he goes east. Flames do not want to play against Iginla.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
In less dramatic fashion, but you don't trade elite players to division rivals. Vancouver winning the cup would be the worst thing since Edmonton wining the cup. There is no way Iginla goes to Edmonton or Vancouver. Also, unless the offer is absolutely amazing I would say its about a 90% chance he goes east. Flames do not want to play against Iginla.

It's true it is extremely unrealistic but he is exactly what they need, given their recent slid it is possible Gillis gets desperate, if we could get

Jensen + Tanev + 1st(probably still not enough for you guys to do it)

Then I would do it, Brodie - Tanev would be a great top 4 pairing for along time, Jensen is a great scorer that would fit well with Sven and of course a first in the draft.

Shawnofthedeadz

Jan 18, 2013
It's true it is extremely unrealistic but he is exactly what they need, given their recent slid it is possible Gillis gets desperate, if we could get

Then I would do it, Brodie - Tanev would be a great top 4 pairing for along time, Jensen is a great scorer that would fit well with Sven and of course a first in the draft.

True... but if we trade Iggy we will probably be right around #1 overall and be drafting Seth Jones.

Side Note: I watched Seth Jones last night kill the Royals. Obviously Winterhawks are a better team but Seth looked really good out there. He really is a good skater. The only problem I had with him is he looks really lanky. I guess he could fill out, but he is already 200 pounds. I guess that's what you get for having a father in the NBA. I wonder if he is going to grow any taller?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
True... but if we trade Iggy we will probably be right around #1 overall and be drafting Seth Jones.

Side Note: I watched Seth Jones last night kill the Royals. Obviously Winterhawks are a better team but Seth looked really good out there. He really is a good skater. The only problem I had with him is he looks really lanky. I guess he could fill out, but he is already 200 pounds. I guess that's what you get for having a father in the NBA. I wonder if he is going to grow any taller?

I still think I would take Barkov at 1st or Drouin.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Its actually on par with other offers we have gotten from Boston, Pens fans. Having said that, in division to the 'Nucks of all teams would require you to beat those teams offers considerably. I think they would ask for Kassian + Jensen myself, if thats too much we understand but it would take a lot to move him to our biggest rival.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona

I'm on the fence on whether I would be more inclined to take Jones or one of the big four centers this year if we draft top 3. We desperately need a Jones type of D-man but we also desperately need a top line C. I think a guy like Jones may be a little bit harder to find.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Its actually on par with other offers we have gotten from Boston, Pens fans. Having said that, in division to the 'Nucks of all teams would require you to beat those teams offers considerably. I think they would ask for Kassian + Jensen myself, if thats too much we understand but it would take a lot to move him to our biggest rival.

The usual offer from Pens fans is 1st + Maatta + Kennedy
1st = 1st
Jensen > Maatta
Tanev > Kennedy
that is a much better offer than the Pens offer

Best Bruins offer seems to be
2nd + Spooner + Krug
1st > 2nd
Jensen =< Spooner
Tanev > Krug

so it is still better then the best Bruins offer when most don't want to give that much.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I still think I would take Barkov at 1st or Drouin.

Despite lacking a number 1 C since Joe, I would still pick the consensus BPA which is Jones. He has captain/leader/franchise defender written all over him.

But lets be honest... A top 5 pick for Calgary would mean one of Jones, Mac, Drouin, Barkov, Monahan... I'd be happy with any of those... (Not to mention Lindholm and Nurse.)

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Despite lacking a number 1 C since Joe, I would still pick the consensus BPA which is Jones. He has captain/leader/franchise defender written all over him.

But lets be honest... A top 5 pick for Calgary would mean one of Jones, Mac, Drouin, Barkov, Monahan... I'd be happy with any of those... (Not to mention Lindholm and Nurse.)

I am not saying he isn't a good player but personally I think Barkov ends up being far more important to what ever team he is drafted by then Jones.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
The usual offer from Pens fans is 1st + Maatta + Kennedy
1st = 1st
Jensen > Maatta
Tanev > Kennedy
that is a much better offer than the Pens offer

Best Bruins offer seems to be
2nd + Spooner + Krug
1st > 2nd
Jensen =< Spooner
Tanev > Krug

so it is still better then the best Bruins offer when most don't want to give that much.

Dunno what threads you have been reading. I have seen that offered once, and it was panned by even Bruin fans.

Most common offer has been 1st + Caron + 1 of Khok/Spoon/Knight.

As for Jensen > Maatta going to disagree there.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Dunno what threads you have been reading. I have seen that offered once, and it was panned by even Bruin fans.

Most common offer has been 1st + Caron + 1 of Khok/Spoon/Knight.

As for Jensen > Maatta going to disagree there.

Most won't move Spooner and Caron is not very good
1st = 1st
Tanev > Caron
Jensen > Khok/Knight
Jensen = Spooner

So again it is a better offer.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Disagree with the bolded, and as a Nucks fan, id say your biased towards your own prospects. I would take the Bruins offer if it involved Khok.

Caron has 3 more points than Tanev in 15 more games in the AHL and Tanev is a defense first defenseman. In what world is Tanev =< Caron?

Jensen is a year younger than Knight and yet had the same ppg as him in the ohl last year and just finished leading his team in goals in the SEL how is Kinght worth more.

I think you are undervaluing the Canucks players more than I am overvaluing them.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Disagree with the bolded, and as a Nucks fan, id say your biased towards your own prospects. I would take the Bruins offer if it involved Khok.

Bet you would take a lot that involved Khok :sarcasm:

But seriously, any team we trade Iggy to, their first is essentially worth a second to us, due to the likelyhood of winning a cup raising exponentially. I would love it if we could trade him to a team for someone else's first, I don't know if there are any contenders out there that currently own someone else's first though.

edit: Not sure how his name is actually pronounced but the joke is for the way it looks like it sounds lol

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Caron has 3 more points than Tanev in 15 more games in the AHL and Tanev is a defense first defenseman. In what world is Tanev =< Caron?

Jensen is a year younger than Knight and yet had the same ppg as him in the ohl last year and just finished leading his team in goals in the SEL how is Kinght worth more.

I think you are undervaluing the Canucks players more than I am overvaluing them.

Stats rarely tell the whole story. Tanev is already 23 and cant stick on the Canucks roster. Caron is 22 and has more points in fewer NHL games than Tanev, where it actually matters.

I am saying Khok is better than Jensen, not Knight. I most certainly think you are underrating the Bruins prospects.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Stats rarely tell the whole story. Tanev is already 23 and cant stick on the Canucks roster. Caron is 22 and has more points in fewer NHL games than Tanev, where it actually matters.

I am saying Khok is better than Jensen, not Knight. I most certainly think you are underrating the Bruins prospects.

What the **** is this, Tanev has played ever game this year sees the same ice time as Brodie but no pp time like Brodie does and is only 6 months older again you have no idea what your talking about.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
What the **** is this, Tanev has played ever game this year sees the same ice time as Brodie but no pp time like Brodie does and is only 6 months older again you have no idea what your talking about.

Bleh, thought he had been sent down and up again already, my mistake. His 4 points is less than impressive though. Calm down, because as I said you're getting worked up over your prospects. Why are you even bringing up Brodie? I never said he was any more than 6 months older, I said Tanev is 23, Caron is 22. Seems like you're just getting worked up because I don't think as much of him as you do.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Bleh, thought he had been sent down and up again already, my mistake. His 4 points is less than impressive though. Calm down, because as I said you're getting worked up over your prospects. Why are you even bringing up Brodie? I never said he was any more than 6 months older, I said Tanev is 23, Caron is 22. Seems like you're just getting worked up because I don't think as much of him as you do.

Not getting worked up you are just wrong about Tanev, would you trade Brodie for Caron as Tanev is just as good as Brodie is. Yes Caron is 22 and ****** that seems like a good system of trading getting the youngest player regardless of who is best.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Not getting worked up you are just wrong about Tanev, would you trade Brodie for Caron as Tanev is just as good as Brodie is. Yes Caron is 22 and ****** that seems like a good system of trading getting the youngest player regardless of who is best.

No I think Brodie is better than Tanev personally, I think his ceiling is higher. Im not saying I would trade Tanev for him either it depends on team needs as well if we had Tanev, and not Brodie I would keep Tanev as we would have no other up and coming D men.

Obviously, him being younger is not the only factor as to why I prefer the Bruins offer, you fail to remember Khokhlachev would also be in this hypothetical deal, and I value him over Jensen.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
No I think Brodie is better than Tanev personally, I think his ceiling is higher. Im not saying I would trade Tanev for him either it depends on team needs as well if we had Tanev, and not Brodie I would keep Tanev as we would have no other up and coming D men.

Obviously, him being younger is not the only factor as to why I prefer the Bruins offer, you fail to remember Khokhlachev would also be in this hypothetical deal, and I value him over Jensen.

No I didn't you said you disagreed with Tanev > Caron which is stupid Tanev is already an nhl defenseman and would have been last year if not for a numbers game he is easily worth more than Caron.

We can disagree about Khokhlachev, I think they are around the same value, Khoklachev might be a bit more skilled but Jensen much more gritty and plays a role that this team needs.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
No I didn't you said you disagreed with Tanev > Caron which is stupid Tanev is already an nhl defenseman and would have been last year if not for a numbers game he is easily worth more than Caron.

We can disagree about Khokhlachev, I think they are around the same value, Khoklachev might be a bit more skilled but Jensen much more gritty and plays a role that this team needs.

Tanev in my opinion, has an upside of #5 Defender, maybe #4. I know you will disagree.

Caron is a bigger risk but still has 2nd line upside, and could make a great 3rd line player as well.

Tanev is safer to be an NHL player but if we are rebuilding I value upside. I also like Caron's physical game, combined with youth which is something we lack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->