If Jarome Iginla was a Rental, Where Would You Want to See Him Go?

Zoombie

Oct 28, 2011
If Iginla is dealt and Tanev was the main piece coming back i'd probably stab someone.

+1.

I don't care what team Iginla goes to, as long as it is the team that offers the best return and isn't Edmonton or Vancouver.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Tanev in my opinion, has an upside of #5 Defender, maybe #4. I know you will disagree.

Caron is a bigger risk but still has 2nd line upside, and could make a great 3rd line player as well.

Tanev is safer to be an NHL player but if we are rebuilding I value upside. I also like Caron's physical game, combined with youth which is something we lack.

I think Tanev will be a #4 defenseman and I think Brodie will be a #3, their games complement each other so well it would be a great pairing for along time. Caron is physical but he is exactly like Nemisz a player that if everything goes right may be a top 6 player but most likely ends up being a 3rd liner or 4th liner, if we are rebuilding the 23 year old already #5 defenseman with the ability to become better is worth a lot more than Nemisz 2.0.

I am fine with you not liking the proposal just think you several underrate the Canucks prospects (imo Jensen > Kassian). Again if we are looking for a physical top 6 scorer that is Jensen which is why I value him so highly.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I think Tanev will be a #4 defenseman and I think Brodie will be a #3, their games complement each other so well it would be a great pairing for along time. Caron is physical but he is exactly like Nemisz a player that if everything goes right may be a top 6 player but most likely ends up being a 3rd liner or 4th liner, if we are rebuilding the 23 year old already #5 defenseman with the ability to become better is worth a lot more than Nemisz 2.0.

I am fine with you not liking the proposal just think you several underrate the Canucks prospects (imo Jensen > Kassian). Again if we are looking for a physical top 6 scorer that is Jensen which is why I value him so highly.

Caron has already produced at the NHL level as a young player, Nemisz is about the same age and cant even produce at the AHL level.

Not comparable in my opinion, Nemisz is more or less a bust in my opinion.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Caron has already produced at the NHL level as a young player, Nemisz is about the same age and cant even produce at the AHL level.

Not comparable in my opinion, Nemisz is more or less a bust in my opinion.

He has done alright on a stacked team (22 points in 72 games) I just don't see him ever being anything more than a 3rd liner at best. He plays alot like Nemisz he just goes the net harder and is able to get the dirty goals. We are going to have to agree to disagree.

AfricanHerbsman

May 4, 2010
This makes me sad to even be called a Flames fan, grow up... He has given everything and received nothing. He deserves a shot to win, I don't care who it's with, but no matter who he gets traded to, I'll be cheering my ass off for him, glad that he's getting his shot to live out his dream. Sure it's too bad he couldn't do it here, but how selfish can you possibly be. If Vancouver is his best shot, so be it, for one playoff run I can alter my allegiances.

That's why you are just an average flames fan. Real Flames fans don't want to see IGGY the best flame ever on edmonton or vancouver that would be a stab in the back to the city. And do you really think edmonton or van is his best option for a cup? edmonton is god awful and van is a bunch of bandaids. there window is closing FAST! boston and pitt have much better shots at a cup.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
That's why you are just an average flames fan. Real Flames fans don't want to see IGGY the best flame ever on edmonton or vancouver that would be a stab in the back to the city. And do you really think edmonton or van is his best option for a cup? edmonton is god awful and van is a bunch of bandaids. there window is closing FAST! boston and pitt have much better shots at a cup.

Neither Boston nor Pitts need Iggy the return would be much worse, also calling someone not a real fan is so ******** its not even funny, its like me saying you don't post as often so you don't care as much so I guess your not a real fan.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Neither Boston nor Pitts need Iggy the return would be much worse, also calling someone not a real fan is so ******** its not even funny, its like me saying you don't post as often so you don't care as much so I guess your not a real fan.

I'm not going to regard the rest of your post because it's not aimed at me, but Pittsburgh has an opening on the RW for Iginla, and Boston's GM has a huge hard-on for Iggy and would easily make space for him on their roster. The returns would be good regardless.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I'm not going to regard the rest of your post because it's not aimed at me, but Pittsburgh has an opening on the RW for Iginla, and Boston's GM has a huge hard-on for Iggy and would easily make space for him on their roster. The returns would be good regardless.

Yes but both are already top teams and neither have problems scoring they aren't that desperate for rental in Iginla. I think the best we get from either team is 1st + solid prospect I think teams like Rangers, Van, SJ will be more desperate.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Yes but both are already top teams and neither have problems scoring they aren't that desperate for rental in Iginla. I think the best we get from either team is 1st + solid prospect I think teams like Rangers, Van, SJ will be more desperate.

Not sure that NY would want to shell out assets for Iginla since they JUST did that with Nash. Who knows though.

Of course I'd rather he not go to Vancouver on principle.

San Jose, mehhh... they're over the hill IMO. They're prospect pool is pretty weak, can't imagine they would want to give up picks or players for Iginla.

Other teams that come to mind would be... St. Louis? Chicago? Philadelphia?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Not sure that NY would want to shell out assets for Iginla since they JUST did that with Nash. Who knows though.

Of course I'd rather he not go to Vancouver on principle.

San Jose, mehhh... they're over the hill IMO. They're prospect pool is pretty weak, can't imagine they would want to give up picks or players for Iginla.

Other teams that come to mind would be... St. Louis? Chicago? Philadelphia?

Chicago again already a top team, Philly most likely miss the playoffs, St.Louis makes sense.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC

I think all he's trying to say is that he will trade Iggy pretty much to anyone that gives the best offer and is on Iginla's wishlist. He used Edmonton and Vancouver as an example to get his point across.. which makes sense. If we're going to trade the best flames ever as you mentioned, do you not agree that we should get the best return possible over where we want him to play? With that said, Edmonton's probably not on Iggy's list and we probably don't trade with Vancouver just to keep the fan base happy, however if its a really sweet deal, I could see Feaster biting.

Flamester

Aug 9, 2011
calgary
i want to see him in pittsburgh soo bad. imagine crosby centering iggy, how insane would that be lol. if he does go to the pens, im buying a pens jersey with iggy on the back forsure

flamesfever

Jun 30, 2004
+1.

I don't care what team Iginla goes to, as long as it is the team that offers the best return and isn't Edmonton or Vancouver.

This.

I'm a huge Iginla fan so it would be nice to see him win a cup, but as a Flames Team fan I want the best return possible.

His NMC is going to make this a near perfect scenario with a team that really wants him and Iggy actually agreeing to go there for the Flames to get quality assets.

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
I have always seen iginla ending up it Pittsburgh. The return I'd want back from them for iginla would be Tyler Kennedy + one of their blue chip D prospects (morrow,maata,pouliot) + a conditional first on a cup win or iggy resigns

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Kennedy + 1st + Maatta seems to be the norm for Pens offers on this board.
Penguins fans severely overhype their players. If you asked them a month before the trade of Tangradi they probably would have told you he was worth a 2nd round pick.

I also think a 1st + Maatta is a poor deal for the Flames, its not as good as than Kaberle returned.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Penguins fans severely overhype their players. If you asked them a month before the trade of Tangradi they probably would have told you he was worth a 2nd round pick.

I also think a 1st + Maatta is a poor deal for the Flames, its not as good as than Kaberle returned.

Kennedy is simply a cap dump essentially. Maata is an excellent defenseman who could arguably step in to our lineup right now. I'd take this deal, assuming nobody else outbid it.

As for the Kaberle deal, it was a better return, but he was also going into the same division. It would be no different from Vancouver really needing to overpay to get Iggy.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Kennedy is simply a cap dump essentially. Maata is an excellent defenseman who could arguably step in to our lineup right now. I'd take this deal, assuming nobody else outbid it.

As for the Kaberle deal, it was a better return, but he was also going into the same division. It would be no different from Vancouver really needing to overpay to get Iggy.
I think this "trading in the division" thing is blown out of proportion. Iginla is a UFA, the Flames don't care (or shouldn't care) where he plays, they will want the best return regardless of where he goes. It's different with a player with years on his contract, but for a UFA divisions & conferences don't mean much.

Also I know Kennedy is a contract dump, that's why I never included him when I was talking about the value coming back.

I also doubt Maatta is ready to step into the lineup, most defensemen take at least a couple years before they are ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad