If Draisaitl wins the Art Ross this year..

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
It really is sad that him and McDavid are minus players. Moral of the story: dont give them a PP and the Oilers are easy to beat.
This will be problematic in the playoffs, when the whistles are put away.

Central Division licking their chops at whatever paper tiger emerges from the Pacific.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Sadly most were started by Western Canadian fans who had to remind us Matthews wasn't better than X (insert assorted superstars), especially Oiler fans . Most teams get giddy when they get a first over all. We were almost as bad as Oil fans with McDavid (Who had several anointing him the best player before he played a game and then again before playing a full season) and just as bad a Sabre fans with Dahlin/Eichel (They were cooler about Eichel, the Dahlin hype was scary). That is old news though. Dra was drafted how long ago?

But you are right, enjoy your guys. You have two very special forwards.

I think you'd be mistaken, but that's okay. I don't think either fan base can be accused of much humility at times.

Reactions: BlueBaron

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
He just needs to not get outplayed 5-on-5. Is that too much to ask?

His even strength Corsi is 47.6 and Fenwick 47.8.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
It is either that or they have a very good PP....

But hey PP points do count for the Art Ross, do they?
PP is close to the best in NHL history judging by percentages. Must be Klefbom and Benning for this incredible uptick....:sarcasm:

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
without CM, he's the focal (and basically the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd option) of the offence. his +/- is going to get dragged in the gutter because of the lack of depth on the oilers. but as long as he keeps producing and his play is leading to WINS, I could care less about his +/-.

being on the ice more is a factor that will affect his +/- heavily because it can hit both ends of the extreme

awesomo

Sep 12, 2007
location, location
Some advanced stats people do plus and minus based on scoring chances for and against. As you can imagine drai and Mcdavid are high plus players here

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
He would be only the second player in history since plus/minus has been tracked to win the Art Ross being a minus player. The Great One is currently the only player ever to win it (93/94) with a -25 rating. That can't be right, can it? Or did I look at it wrong? For the record that's not a knock on Leon, I just found that really interesting if it is true.

You're correct. Gretzky is the only Art Ross trophy winner in history with negative plus/minus that year.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Hold on, Gretzky was a minus player one year?

Well crap, better take all his awards away because they're obviously invalidated.

[Edit] my prediction is he will be a + player by the end of the year. Oilers have very good special teams and that is why they win a lot of games. Special teams are not accurately portrayed in the +/- stat.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
This will be problematic in the playoffs, when the whistles are put away.

Central Division licking their chops at whatever paper tiger emerges from the Pacific.
Oilers with a healthy roster and 97 and 29...shit on Colorado in a 7 game series.

Paper tiger ....:laugh:

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
It really is sad that him and McDavid are minus players. Moral of the story: dont give them a PP and the Oilers are easy to beat.
Actual moral of the story...The Oilers were horrid in late November and all of December.

ValueGPGAPTS+/-
October141213258
November1441923-4
December147714-24
January9611179
February8511161
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Part of December is on McDavid and Drasiatl for sure. Both players cheated a lot for offense when the team simply could not score. But goaltending was likely responsible for half of the negative +/-

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
that’s insane he’s a minus player this year.

he’s been ripped by Oiler fans for his defence or lack thereof by Edmonton fans all year (when they lost) when they win it doesent matter too much because he’s usually pumping in three point games like clockwork.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad