If Draisaitl wins the Art Ross this year..

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
You don't get a minus for being on the ice for an empty net goal. It's only even strength that it counts for . Or if you get scored on the pp.

It is strange but googling this give conflicting result, why is this not clear.....

Looking here:
Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

Draisaitl

Even Strenght (he is -1 at 5v5)
GF: 67
GA: 67

On the power play:
GF: 49
GA: 10

Penalty killing:
GF: +0
GA: -4

With empty net:
GF: 4
GA: 10

Against empty net:
GF: 6
GA: 2

So 10 goal for and 12 goal against in empty net situation's, it is not a big factor for him if they count.

Seem like a 0 player that get -10 because he is playing on the power play and not on the penalty killing, not because of empty nets (he seem to play a lot against a team with an empty net and it's almost balance out).

Being a -1 player at event strenght, with that many point and a 102.1 pdo is quite spectacular, but it is still much better than the Oilers when he is not on the ice (they are -11).

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
He just needs to not get outplayed 5-on-5. Is that too much to ask?

His even strength Corsi is 47.6 and Fenwick 47.8.
Sort the league by Corsi and Fenwick. It's more a reflection of the team you're on than individual ability.

Did Patrick Maroon suddenly become a dominant ES player when he moved from Edmonton?

Truthteller

Feb 11, 2020
Did you watch him in overtime yesterday? He gave it away for two breakaways, but lucky for him Carolina was awful and he ended up assisting the Oilers GWG instead. He is a turnover machine so his plus/minus makes sense.
No he didn't unless you mean the trip that was not called as giving it away?

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Except trying to slow down Draisaitl and McDavid typically results in penalties. Play clean and they will start to torch you
I feel like that is contradictive. Can we not assume from their minus season that they let in more goals than they score in 5v5? So if you play clean against them, they stay 5v5, and you win?

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I feel like that is contradictive. Can we not assume from their minus season that they let in more goals than they score in 5v5? So if you play clean against them, they stay 5v5, and you win?
If you play clean against them (especially McDavid), he gets a step on you and scores
The amount of interference/obstruction that McDavid has to deal with is ridiculous
If the refs called it objectively, he would earn 3-4 PPs/game on his own

He's not the only player this happens to. Crosby/MacKinnon/Gaudrea/Pettersson/etc.. also have to deal with this garbage.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
If you play clean against them (especially McDavid), he gets a step on you and scores
The amount of interference/obstruction that McDavid has to deal with is ridiculous
If the refs called it objectively, he would earn 3-4 PPs/game on his own

He's not the only player this happens to. Crosby/MacKinnon/Gaudrea/Pettersson/etc.. also have to deal with this garbage.
I get that and agree with it, but that doesnt explain how hes a minus player. Because he is a minus player, that means he has been scored on more than he has scored at even strength.

SecretOilersFan

Jul 2, 2015
Calgary
It really is sad that him and McDavid are minus players. Moral of the story: dont give them a PP and the Oilers are easy to beat.

Except he has been a +10 positive since the year started. Drai has just been making it up because he went -24 in December. The Oilers played really bad that month. They will be positive by the end of the year.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
I get that and agree with it, but that doesnt explain how hes a minus player. Because he is a minus player, that means he has been scored on more than he has scored at even strength.

Offensive star get a lot of their minus with the goal against while on the power play, power play time always give you some minus at that stats, Draisaitl get -10 when he is on the powerplay.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Oilers 5v5 were pretty bad for the first 40 games, their PP won them lots of games....doing better 5 v 5 now.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Yes, because teams are willing to commit infractions to slow him down. That results in fewer goals for at ES but more PP opportunities. If these teams limit their infractions to prevent powerplays then I fully expect Draisaitl's ES GF% to improve (although not as much as McDavid's would).

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
he’s been ripped by Oiler fans for his defence or lack thereof by Edmonton fans all year (when they lost) when they win it doesent matter too much because he’s usually pumping in three point games like clockwork.

The problem here is the "all year" part. He was deservedly criticized for about a month. But he was very good defensively to start the season and since the New year has also been very good.

At times he stops skating and on those nights he can look lazy. But when he is moving his feet, which has been most of this year, he is actually very good defensively.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
upload_2020-2-17_15-27-49.jpeg

PenDuhNotPittsburgh

May 13, 2017
Krefeld
"Draisaitl, a 24-year-old native of Cologne, Germany, has opened up a 13-point lead in the Art Ross Trophy race with 34-61-95 in 59 games - the fastest player to 95 points in a season since Sidney Crosby in 2006-07 (56 GP)." It is an extreme season.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Don't make me add up the threads and the creators, we all know how that plays out.

Small sample size, very HF of you :P

Not worth arguing about. Enjoy Dra's amazing year.

Add up the threads then. We don't all know how it plays out.

I dont actually care, I just want to see if you really would waste your time doing that, and if not, why start the argument and then say it's not worth arguing about?

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Love the discussion essentially criticizing Draisaitl being a -10 yet is another thread we seem to hold a 1 dimensional player sitting at - 13 as being in the top 10 of all time...

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
yet the team is 12 games above .500
Must have gotten blown out quite a few times

Actually they haven't. When you have such a prolific powerplay that's operating close to 30%, all those points you are accumulating are not getting you any +'s.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Add up the threads then. We don't all know how it plays out.

I dont actually care, I just want to see if you really would waste your time doing that, and if not, why start the argument and then say it's not worth arguing about?

Why would I do anything beyond wishing you a good day?

I regret starting the argument, it was petty and not worth conflict over. Hope that is a good enough reason for you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->