If Draisaitl wins the Art Ross this year..

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
The problem here is the "all year" part. He was deservedly criticized for about a month. But he was very good defensively to start the season and since the New year has also been very good.

At times he stops skating and on those nights he can look lazy. But when he is moving his feet, which has been most of this year, he is actually very good defensively.

oh ok, the two times I noticed it were a few weeks apart (which makes sense if it’s one month as you’re suggesting) but and given he’s Still a minus although that stat is misleading I had assumed it was all season. My bad.

good to see he’s better all around

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
oh ok, the two times I noticed it were a few weeks apart (which makes sense if it’s one month as you’re suggesting) but and given he’s Still a minus although that stat is misleading I had assumed it was all season. My bad.

good to see he’s better all around
Between Nov 21 and the end of December he was -28. It was a horrid stretch where every mistake went in the net. Certainly a good part of this was his fault but the goaltending was also awful.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Between Nov 21 and the end of December he was -28. It was a horrid stretch where every mistake went in the net. Certainly a good part of this was his fault but the goaltending was also awful.

yup, it all plays a factor. It’s a team sporr. We all love to debate over players but so much team and opposite team situations factor into so many stats that it’s not always easy to pinpoint things. A lot has to always be taken into consideration when bashing or praising a player for a particular statistic.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
yup, it all plays a factor. It’s a team sporr. We all love to debate over players but so much team and opposite team situations factor into so many stats that it’s not always easy to pinpoint things. A lot has to always be taken into consideration when bashing or praising a player for a particular statistic.
Draisaitl is a horse. He's a big guy who plays a lot of very hard minutes. He's often dragging guys around. Both he and McDavid often have very long shifts (Both 1:02 per shift). Leon leads the league in TOI for forwards but plays about 2 shifts per game less than most top forwards. The difference between the two is that at the end of such shifts McDavid seems to still have that extra burst. Leon can get caught looking exhausted and while I have no stats to verify this I do wonder if some of the goals he gives up might not happen if he took shorter shifts.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Draisaitl is a horse. He's a big guy who plays a lot of very hard minutes. He's often dragging guys around. Both he and McDavid often have very long shifts (Both 1:02 per shift). Leon leads the league in TOI for forwards but plays about 2 shifts per game less than most top forwards. The difference between the two is that at the end of such shifts McDavid seems to still have that extra burst. Leon can get caught looking exhausted and while I have no stats to verify this I do wonder if some of the goals he gives up might not happen if he took shorter shifts.

Common sense would say that’s probably true but I mean, endurance, training, genetics ...all come In to play with things like this as does the guys current health, and also Likely because mcdavid is just faster so he can do more (from an efficient standpoint) with less effort, same with skaters that have great stride, back checking seems like less of a chore. More movement with less work put in, stored energy isn’t decreasing. That should be a coaches decision though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad