If Draisaitl wins the Art Ross this year..

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
The interesting part is he was actually doing extremely well on his run at the start of the year. Dude was a force at both ends of the rink. He's capable of that but for about a month he and the rest of the team were a train wreck do his +/- look bad.

Edit: linked highest giveaways and gvaw/60. Not who I though I was gonna see haha

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200217-085310.png
    Screenshot_20200217-085310.png
    312.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
If you could take off all the minuses for being on the ice when the opponent scored an empty netter, it wouldn't look so bad.

Goaltending in Edmonton was a straight-up disaster for about a month & that din't help things out either.

X

Last edited:

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Did you watch him in overtime yesterday? He gave it away for two breakaways, but lucky for him Carolina was awful and he ended up assisting the Oilers GWG instead. He is a turnover machine so his plus/minus makes sense.
Was one of those giveaways the blatant trip that went uncalled? I really hate it when players let themselves be fouled into giveaways.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
I like Draisaitl as much as anyone but can we just have a Draisaitl mega thread already? This forum is getting as full of Draisaitl posts as the trade proposal forum is with D to the Leafs proposals.

Reactions: TheGooooch

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
I'd say more than half of the threads started in the last couple of days are designed to throw shade at Draisaitl and Mcdavid more than anything else.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Don't make me add up the threads and the creators, we all know how that plays out.

Go back to when Matthews was drafted, and then when he played his first game, and then the months afterward. See who started those threads. Let us enjoy our 5 minutes in the sun, we all know it won't last.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
The Oilers have something like a +12 goal differential, so I'm assuming it's more likely they're a negative team at 5-on-5 play, but their lethal powerplay is bouying that a bit.

They are -17 at ES.
Draisaitl is -1

Special teams are what is propelling the team.

Goaltending is likely most of the drag at ES. They are 26th in the league in save %. It's amazing what the different between 90% and 91% will do to goals against over a season.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Go back to when Matthews was drafted, and then when he played his first game, and then the months afterward. See who started those threads. Let us enjoy our 5 minutes in the sun, we all know it won't last.

Sadly most were started by Western Canadian fans who had to remind us Matthews wasn't better than X (insert assorted superstars), especially Oiler fans . Most teams get giddy when they get a first over all. We were almost as bad as Oil fans with McDavid (Who had several anointing him the best player before he played a game and then again before playing a full season) and just as bad a Sabre fans with Dahlin/Eichel (They were cooler about Eichel, the Dahlin hype was scary). That is old news though. Dra was drafted how long ago?

But you are right, enjoy your guys. You have two very special forwards.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I am not too concerned with his or McDavid's plus minus stats. Neither is great defensively, but often having very mediocre wingers on their lines hurt their lines ability to maintain offensive pressure, possession, and score goals. Combine that with having to chase the puck defensively constantly and inconsistent goaltending and you have a recipe for weak plus minus stats. Now that Draisaitl's line has two good wingers, they are scoring more, maintaining more offensive pressure, and the plus minus stats for the players on that line are improving. Not getting one scoring chance then lose the puck and back to defending, something that has been a problem for the Oilers the last few seasons. They look like a different team having a line that can sustain offensive pressure regularly.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad