If Calgary misses the playoffs will it be the biggest debacle of the season?

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Corey Crawford has been out for most of this season.

That was my main point with you going on the Hawks comparison since it is entirely different circumstances as to why the teams are where they are. AFIK there wasnt any major longterm injury to the Flames this year meanwhile once it became apparent Crow wasnt going to be back early january the team has basically accepted this season is done with Forsberg, Berube, and Glass unable to give them even average nhl goaltending a majority of nights that Darling and Raanta were able to in the past.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Smith, overall, had a great year. Not after he got injured (besides stealing the Oilers game).

Jhonny had a great year

Monohan very good year

Tkachuk a very good year for his age

A lot of things went right and they still aren't making it.

The draft picks to boot

Huge debacle

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
call me bias or w.e but i don't see what treleving and their fans see with their team? It's not a very good one, i've been saying this since the start of the season, they have absolutely no depth up front, an overrated D and a 35 soon to be 36 yr old starting goaltender. they didn't have the prospect pool to go all in on a Hamonic deal.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I would have to say the complete collapse of Chicago was the most unexpected thing this season.

long term injuries to your starting goalie can do that. Not having a fringe starter like Raanta or Darling the one year Crow misses a majority of the season ****ed them when they used to have one of the best tandems in the league the last few years

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
i'd appreciate if someone can give a heads up when Burke's presser will be , i can't wait to hear what excuses he's come with to explain missing the playoffs without a 1st and 2nd rd pick

it'll be an especially epic presser if the balls fall the wrong way and the pick becomes top 3 instead of 12th where it sits now based on pts %

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
long term injuries to your starting goalie can do that. Not having a fringe starter like Raanta or Darling the one year Crow misses a majority of the season ****ed them when they used to have one of the best tandems in the league the last few years

What is Chicago’s team save % this season probably .908? Funny how that one stat makes all the difference in the NHL.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
call me bias or w.e but i don't see what treleving and their fans see with their team? It's not a very good one, i've been saying this since the start of the season, they have absolutely no depth up front, an overrated D and a 35 soon to be 36 yr old starting goaltender. they didn't have the prospect pool to go all in on a Hamonic deal.

Why Smith? Why no Grubauer-like goaltender?

Reactions: vcanuck

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
What is Chicago’s team save % this season probably .908? Funny how that one stat makes all the difference in the NHL.

Per corsica team sv% is 91.94 which is a tad bit below the meadian of 92.18 (highest team is NSH with 93.75, lowest is Pit with 90.75)

Crawford .929 sv% with a 2.27 GAA

Forsberg .905 sv% 3.01 GAA
Glass .898 sv% 3.31 GAA
Berube .897 sv% 3.70 GAA

5th least GA to 5th most since the Crawford injury (december 23rd-onward)

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The Devils missing would be the biggest debacle. They had it in hand most of the season and to stumble at the end like that is unacceptable. I personally think the Devils fans are a little too hard on Hynes sometimes because they needed more talent. The only defense I could make on his behalf would be the goaltending. Even then this team can overcome it.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
No, they were overachieving most of the year, and unlike Ducks, Kings, Sharks, they did not have to go long periods of time without high end players for a large portion of the season when the finally lost Smith for awhile, and guy like Tkachuk goes down they don't have depth to deal with it.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Jesus, did the Ducks really only have 16 shots on net??

What’s that, the fourth game in a row that they have doubled up on shots and lost?

Bad luck, or bad shooters?

Probably both......

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
As a Flames fan this hurts. Truly thought this team would be safely top 3 in their conference at the beginning of the season. Change is needed starting behind the bench. That much is obvious. PP sucked, no second scoring and Brodie needs to go sit in timeout for the summer and think long and hard about what he did.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Jesus, did the Ducks really only have 16 shots on net??

What’s that, the fourth game in a row that they have doubled up on shots and lost?

Bad luck, or bad shooters?

Probably both......

Both for sure. But the coach has them playing a system of lots of low danger attacks to try and prevent rushes the other way. They load up on shots but most are completely harmless.

Need a coach that will have them playing to their strengths. In the games where we've seen them activate the D in the O zone more they've looked dominant. Then it's like they're being told to play it safer which completely neuters their D, which is their biggest strength.

People like the crack the 'best d in the league' joke but with a coach that would have them playing to their strengths they probably would be up there. They have a guy like Brodie who's biggest asset is his passing, specifically his backhand breakout pass. But he's not allowed to use it because the coach has him playing his weak side and their transitions require D to D passes then short passes to carry from their own blue line. Incredibly frustrating to watch

Last edited:
Reactions: HugginThePost

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
A season with no in season coaching changes; first time in years.

Glenn is one of anywhere from a half dozen to nine or ten HC's I could see being fired after the season though....

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
The day after they're officially eliminated, Burke loosens his tie and challenges Treliving to a fight. Tre tries to buy him off with BPs gift cards for life but it doesn't work. Somewhere in a barn near Airdrie, a GM learns the meaning of truculence.

Reactions: Thrive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad