If Calgary misses the playoffs will it be the biggest debacle of the season?

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
As a Flames fan this hurts. Truly thought this team would be safely top 3 in their conference at the beginning of the season. Change is needed starting behind the bench. That much is obvious. PP sucked, no second scoring and Brodie needs to go sit in timeout for the summer and think long and hard about what he did.

tenor.gif

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Not surprised to see smith **** the crease when the games really mattered. Only a matter of time he starts blaming everyone else but himself.

I know Smith has been trash, but any NHL team that scores 9 goals in their last 6 games is not going to end up with a winning record.

Reactions: SmellOfVictory

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
The day after they're officially eliminated, Burke loosens his tie and challenges Treliving to a fight. Tre tries to buy him off with BPs gift cards for life but it doesn't work. Somewhere in a barn near Airdrie, a GM learns the meaning of truculence.

Burke hasn’t tied his tie in 5 years... it’s just always un-tied around his neck.

He always looks so badass (huge Burke fan here).

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Anyone have the percentages? I have to image the Flames have no more than like a 10% chance.

Found the answer to my own question.

2%, like the milk for my cereal.

Last edited:

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Gee I thought with a lineup like they had in Calgary they would make a cup run ,well that was said by a poster from the flames site ..HAHA I love it enjoy your golf game LAMES HAHAHAH you guys are a sad sack of you know what

Reactions: vcanuck

McDLT

I'm a style boy for life
Mar 1, 2016
Calgary
Burke hasn’t tied his tie in 5 years... it’s just always un-tied around his neck.

He always looks so badass (huge Burke fan here).
Apparently he started doing it because he was too busy to/just didn't want to to tie his tie, but now he just does it because he knows that it makes people mad. I also believe that his hairstyle is also designed to troll people. Burke is a master troll.

edit to make an on topic contribution: I feel bad for Treliving. I think that he is a man who gambled big, had some bad luck, and lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thrive

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Apparently he started doing it because he was too busy to/just didn't want to to tie his tie, but now he just does it because he knows that it makes people mad. I also believe that his hairstyle is also designed to troll people. Burke is a master troll.

edit to make an on topic contribution: I feel bad for Treliving. I think that he is a man who gambled big, had some bad luck, and lost.
I think he’s hysterical.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
What makes this a worse debacle is they were trying to sell the city on a new arena where they supposedly are losing money where they are. So no playoff revenue and now a consistent failure on the ice does not bode well when trying to sell the city and the media on this bright future this young team has.

I mean sure, Edmonton is a dumpster fire and still got their arena, but a big part of it was the revival of a dead part of the city and a complicated all around project that extended past the arena.

This can't be good.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd say the Oilers had the more disappointing season because more was expected of them, that said from a franchise POV I think this season is more devastating for the Flames.

Largely because they gave away their 1st/2nd round picks, and also because Giordano is one of their core players and he is getting older so they can't really afford to blow seasons like this. That IMO was part and parcel the logic of the Hamonic trade, the Flames front office looked at Gio's age and said their window is now.

The Oilers are a young team that did the "not ready for prime time" step backwards that we see from young teams now and again. But they still have a big window going forward and a 1st/2nd rounders this summer coming in.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
Not surprised to see smith **** the crease when the games really mattered. Only a matter of time he starts blaming everyone else but himself.

I love it when he throws his arms up after a goal or stare down his bench, it's great lol

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I know Smith has been trash, but any NHL team that scores 9 goals in their last 6 games is not going to end up with a winning record.
It's been painful to watch, too. It's not like they're not getting shots, or getting into scoring areas. They're shooting from the slot, getting deflections, and all kinds of decent opportunities, but they're not executing well at all when it comes to hitting the right part of the net or picking up loose pucks. At one end you have them making opposing goalies look like all stars, and on the other you have Smith letting in the softest of goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad