Speculation: If Bowman is Fired, who replaces him?

Does Bowman keep his job despite the allegations?

• Yes

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
They got a younger player for Saad, and they obviously did it because they wanted some size/physicality on defense.

I don't understand the bolded at all. How are they not committed to developing Beaudin and Mitchell??

lack of consistent playing time, acquired stillman who took away games from beaudin down the stretch...they should've played every game possible last year

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
lack of consistent playing time, acquired stillman who took away games from beaudin down the stretch...they should've played every game possible last year

Throwing rookies to the wolves is not how you properly develop a defenseman(hell, any player). Buffalo does it constantly, and look at what a f***ing dumpster fire they are. It was pretty clear both still had improvements to be made if they were going to be every day defensemen. It was also a f***ed up season with a condensed schedule, and none of their young D are conditioned for that yet. People really need to learn to have some patience here. This shit all takes time, unless you get extremely lucky, and a guy is NHL ready immediately after joining the squad. Very rarely happens.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Throwing rookies to the wolves is not how you properly develop a defenseman(hell, any player). Buffalo does it constantly, and look at what a f***ing dumpster fire they are. It was pretty clear both still had improvements to be made if they were going to be every day defensemen. It was also a f***ed up season with a condensed schedule, and none of their young D are conditioned for that yet. People really need to learn to have some patience here. This shit all takes time, unless you get extremely lucky, and a guy is NHL ready immediately after joining the squad. Very rarely happens.

agree, it will take time, at this point just going to wait and see what stanley does this summer...i'm in the all in on a rebuild camp or go for both dougie and seth jones camp at this point...dont want to see this team be in the middle, if they want seth go for dougie too and maybe it really transforms the defense going forward, adding seth but trading futures to do it doesnt move the needle enough

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
there are two kinds of bad contract situations...there is the sign your world class players in their primes and deal with the consquences later and then theres the ken holland/lou lam specials where they sign depth players like abdelkader, eriksson, helm, clowe, clarkson etc to huge deals that end up terrible...need to differentiate between these two scenarios, they're not the same at all
The Karlsson deal was bad the day he signed it. Worse than any deal Bowman has made, period.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
agree, it will take time, at this point just going to wait and see what stanley does this summer...i'm in the all in on a rebuild camp or go for both dougie and seth jones camp at this point...dont want to see this team be in the middle, if they want seth go for dougie too and maybe it really transforms the defense going forward, adding seth but trading futures to do it doesnt move the needle enough

I'm of the opinion that they need to just continue rebuilding. I don't think Toews is coming back, and if he does, I don't think he's going to the player they need him to be. Trading Keith leaves another hole on defense. If they trade Keith and sign Hamilton, I won't mind all that much, as the cap isn't a big concern right now.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
The Karlsson deal is faaaaar worse than Sean's. And I called it then. I said before it was ever signed that it would be the worst contract in hockey within a season. And it was. And still is.

seabrook contract so bad they forced him out of the league because of it

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
my biggest problem with bowman is lack of commitment to a real rebuild, its old dealing with this every other summer
Rumors of a trade involving young assets going the other way do not constitute a deviation from a rebuild. If he decides to send multiple high quality young assets away for Jones, I'm aboard the "fire Stan" train. But adding anything, without giving up young assets, does not mean he's deviated from rebuilding.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Rumors of a trade involving young assets going the other way do not constitute a deviation from a rebuild. If he decides to send multiple high quality young assets away for Jones, I'm aboard the "fire Stan" train. But adding anything, without giving up young assets, does not mean he's deviated from rebuilding.

the deal mentioned on social media per athletic is 2022 1st, Reichel, Beaudin and Kurashev...would have to imagine thats for a signed Jones...is that a fireable trade? accurate or not idk but 2022 1st and Reichel should be off table

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
the deal mentioned on social media per athletic is 2022 1st, Reichel, Beaudin and Kurashev...would have to imagine thats for a signed Jones...is that a fireable trade? accurate or not idk but 2022 1st and Reichel should be off table
It's absolutely a fireable offense to make that trade.
Pez thinks so too.

Rocky should fire him before he sends the fax to Gary.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Yes. It is. There's no chance the Hawks make that trade, and if that was the ask from Columbus...lol. Good luck trading him.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
What part of my previous post did you not read before you posted this?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
LTIR takes care of Seabrooks contract. The stench of Karlssons contract is readily apparent every time he hops over the boards.

they'll just ltir it, the league does nothing about these deals...been going on for almost a decade now, teams are probably abusing ltir but players get their money and teams get the deals off the books so nobody cares

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
that the entire thesis around wilson being a "bad gm" is a contract he'll likely end up throwing on ltir when EK is no longer an nhl player...

He signed four of them.

Posters have been calling for Stan to be fired over the Seabrook contract for years now.

Bowman and Wilson have very, very similar track records. It just seems insane to want to replace Bowman with a guy who is, at best, a lateral move. Everything you can criticize Bowman for, you can also criticize Wilson for.

Reactions: BK and ChiHawks10

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
that the entire thesis around wilson being a "bad gm" is a contract he'll likely end up throwing on ltir when hes no longer an nhl player...
Lets' get down to the bedrock of this. Bowman and Wilson both have highs and lows in their tenures as GM. Both have good signings and bad signings both have made good and bad trades.

The difference?....Stan has been a large part of three Stanley cups in his time as a GM.

Wilson, in 18 years, has none.

So how, exactly, is Wilson an upgrade over Bowman? You've presented nothing in Wilsons resume that indicates a higher level of future success than what Bowman has achieved.

What is your point?

Reactions: DesperateBeliever

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
He signed four of them.

Posters have been calling for Stan to be fired over the Seabrook contract for years now.

Bowman and Wilson have very, very similar track records. It just seems insane to want to replace Bowman with a guy who is, at best, a lateral move. Everything you can criticize Bowman for, you can also criticize Wilson for.

done arguing for wilson, hes employed by sj right now, i think this thread was mainly started in the scenario stan loses his job over the scandal not hockey related performance, if that happens its likely before wilson is even a free agent, gorton would be the one fans would probably want

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Lets' get down to the bedrock of this. Bowman and Wilson both have highs and lows in their tenures as GM. Both have good signings and bad signings both have made good and bad trades.

The difference?....Stan has been a large part of three Stanley cups in his time as a GM.

Wilson, in 18 years, has none.

So how, exactly, is Wilson an upgrade over Bowman? You've presented nothing in Wilsons resume that indicates a higher level of future success than what Bowman has achieved.

What is your point?

i dont recall saying hes an upgrade, i said hes an interesting potential replacement in the event stan is fired, some said hes a bad gm which is just not true imo, i defended his tenure as gm of san jose, wasnt meant to be stan vs doug, if stan is fired for a scandal there is no comparative analysis necessary, agree to disagree here

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Also, for the record if Stan is fired I don't expect the Hawks to hire an existing GM. They'll probably promotoe one of their three AGMs.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Also, for the record if Stan is fired I don't expect the Hawks to hire an existing GM. They'll probably promotoe one of their three AGMs.

Potentially, but that AGM will need to be pretty disconnected from Bowman. That’s assuming Bowman is fired, which I absolutely do not think will happen.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Potentially, but that AGM will need to be pretty disconnected from Bowman. That’s assuming Bowman is fired, which I absolutely do not think will happen.

I think all three are on the younger side. None of them were here in 2010.

But who knows. Dannt Wirtz doesn't seem like the type to hire someone who has been through the NHL rotation a few times and the Hawks seem big on developing talent in house. Most of the people in hockey ops have worked their way up through the org.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad