Speculation: If Bowman is Fired, who replaces him?

Does Bowman keep his job despite the allegations?

• Yes

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Thread title speaks for itself. Discuss.
My choice is Ron Hextall.

glad to see you started this thread, curious who would be on people top 3 candidates...hextall is an interesting one, especially given that he did a decent job in philly with draft picks...ownership just wasn't patient enough with him, Jeff Gorton is similar story to Hextall...another situation that could play out is danny wirtz hires a team president to replace stan who then will go out and hire a gm...similar to the structure vegas has with mcphee and mccrimmon

Crow

May 19, 2014
Did he take over for Rutherford? If so, how did I miss that?
He did I looked it up. I must have read it here at some point. I did think he was underrated with philly. Seemed like he was moving the franchise toward something good a couple years ago and look at them now.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
He did I looked it up. I must have read it here at some point. I did think he was underrated with philly. Seemed like he was moving the franchise toward something good a couple years ago and look at them now.
Yeah I really liked what he was doing with the Flyers, that's why he was high on my list when I thought he was still available.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Hawks bringing Tallon back would be some shit...still a lot of fans that thought they did him wrong so maybe it would score some pr points with the casual fan, Hossa assistant gm

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Thread title speaks for itself. Discuss.
My choice is Ron Hextall.

He is already a GM in Pit.

Gorton is likely the best bet. He did great in creating a contender in Boston in a single year too. He added Rask, Lucic, Kessel, Chara, and Marchand in one offseason basically setting them up to contend with those guys for the rest of the 2010s. Hes done a great job in NY as well so far building up a great stockpile of talent when everyone thought theyd be in the dumpster considering they had no prospect pool and were trending down. Even without Laf and Kakko they built a really good young core

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
He is already a GM in Pit.

Gorton is likely the best bet. He did great in creating a contender in Boston in a single year too. He added Rask, Lucic, Kessel, Chara, and Marchand in one offseason basically setting them up to contend with those guys for the rest of the 2010s. Hes done a great job in NY as well so far building up a great stockpile of talent when everyone thought theyd be in the dumpster considering they had no prospect pool and were trending down. Even without Laf and Kakko they built a really good young core
Yeah I missed that he got hired by the Pens.

Gorton would be a good call, he did a nice job with the Rangers.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
What Tallon did with Vegas alone should already make people weary of bringing him back
It's also not a coincidence that the Panthers didn't take off until he got fired.

Go look at Tallon's drafting with the Hawks. Outside of Kane, Toews, Bolland and Hjalmarsson it was pretty abysmal. Bowman did a much better job with worse picks.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
What Tallon did with Vegas alone should already make people weary of bringing him back

def don't want him back, just think it would be ironic if mcdonough and stan are both removed from org and dale comes back...with only a few months into the season it would be hard to do a full search process so they would probably promote someone to interim gm and fill the position(s) at a later date

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Tallon…no thank you.

I am going to look at who is available before picking my choice.

Edit: Jeff Gorton with Hossa.

Last edited:

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
I love Hossa (see Avatar and title) but what makes everyone think he is ready to take on an assistant GM job without any other management experience?

Reactions: Giovi

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
19CCBF0E-5B52-459D-9DD3-BC79D07D09EB.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad