Speculation: If Bowman is Fired, who replaces him?

Does Bowman keep his job despite the allegations?

• Yes

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
upload_2021-7-3_14-15-17.jpeg

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I think all three are on the younger side. None of them were here in 2010.

But who knows. Dannt Wirtz doesn't seem like the type to hire someone who has been through the NHL rotation a few times and the Hawks seem big on developing talent in house. Most of the people in hockey ops have worked their way up through the org.
Mark Eaton is definitely disconnected from all that.

But yeah I'm not really sure what will happen. Seems more likely they'll pin the blame on someone else and sweep it under the rug.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Not really, because Brisebois hasnt had to tear his team apart because of Yzermans mistakes (like Bowman did with Tallon). It is fair to criticize Wilson for not winning though, as he has had full control for how many years with nothing to show for it. Same with Poile in Nashville.
Imagine if Stan had sent out the qualifiers 1 day earlier. Tallon might still be here.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I said it earlier...with all of McDonough Bowman and MacIsaac aware of the incident...McD was the highest authority, Prez over GM...I believe it was McDs call...so McD should take the fall

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I said it earlier...with all of McDonough Bowman and MacIsaac aware of the incident...McD was the highest authority, Prez over GM...I believe it was McDs call...so McD should take the fall

Let’s stop with this crap, Bowman is never wrong with this idiotic theory that was never proven, let’s lay that garbage to rest.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019

We don't know that. And we don't know what other factors there were, perhaps they received legal advice or perhaps they were all awful.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Hawks really screwed the situation up. Somebody's gonna have to pay. My money says they hang McDLT. And pay a ridiculous (small) settlement.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Nah. Vancouver likely beats them. The Hawks swept the Sharks, FFS. Vancouver also beat the Sharks in 5 the following year. The Sharks were never good enough.

I would have taken Flyers even with goaltending issues over Sharks as well

The Flyers were rolling offensively and hanging with Hawks in that regard only to be sabotaged by goaltending

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
A SJ vs PHI final in 2010 likely ends similar to the Anaheim vs Ottawa one with Pronger shutting down the big line for SJ

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Nah. Vancouver likely beats them. The Hawks swept the Sharks, FFS. Vancouver also beat the Sharks in 5 the following year. The Sharks were never good enough.
Heatley Marleau and Thornton were firing on all cylinders in 2010 bit hard to say that

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Heatley Marleau and Thornton were firing on all cylinders in 2010 bit hard to say that

Joe Thornton was a -11 in those playoffs..... Heatley a -7. It's interesting you left Pavelski off of that list, as he was their best player, hands down. They had what after that, though? Again, San Jose was just never good enough.

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
the deal mentioned on social media per athletic is 2022 1st, Reichel, Beaudin and Kurashev...would have to imagine thats for a signed Jones...is that a fireable trade? accurate or not idk but 2022 1st and Reichel should be off table
That would be insane. If that is really what they want for Jones I hang up the phone in the middle of the conversation.

Reactions: SuterHaglshev

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Joe Thornton was a -11 in those playoffs..... Heatley a -7. It's interesting you left Pavelski off of that list, as he was their best player, hands down. They had what after that, though? Again, San Jose was just never good enough.
It's insane how good Dany Heatley was in his 20s to then fall off of a cliff at 30. He was on a HOF trajectory at age 28. I wonder if it had something to do with that car accident that killed his teammate?
If I remember correctly he was injured pretty badly and was lucky to survive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad