Speculation: If Bowman is Fired, who replaces him?

Does Bowman keep his job despite the allegations?

• Yes

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Doug Wilson has been a Sharks staff member since 1997
and as much as good moves he has made in his career, his bad ones
and the fact that he has never won anything, is the problem.

No thanks. 24 years with one team and can't win the Cup...
how the heck has DW held his job for so long...

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
You guys need to hit Twitter and grass roots poll votes here should be GM.

I mean....can't be any worse then what's going on currently...

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Does Babcock have any GM experience?

His antics in Toronto really hurt his rep and rightfully so. Is he made for the modern day NHL player?
Well, you can say Stan really doesn't have too much GM experience with the way he's handled things, so at worst it's more of the same.

As for his antics, this team needs a kick in the ass. Get rid of the filler and bring back a winner, I say.

I'm pretty sure Toews would come back if Babs was coach. The league is trending into bigger and tougher. The Hawks have a team full of floaters. Babs will get everything out of them or get rid of them.

No excuses

Reactions: UncleElroy

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
He has won nothing and that is the issue.

by your definition of nothing then McPhee would be a bad option for the Hawks as well...look at the absolute mess Lou left NJ in when he went to Toronto, then he went to NYI and hired Trotz, let Tavares walk and still built a team that is a consistent playoff team...Doug Wilson would be a fine GM candidate for this team and a good one at that

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Some options

Eric Tulsky
Chris Lamoriello
Mark Hunter
John Ferguson
Scott Mellanby

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
people overvalue the unknown constantly...Wilson, Poile, Bob Murray etc have decade plus track records of building above average teams in the NHL...sports are cyclical, the same people saying we should give Bowman a pass and let him rebuild are the same ones that think SJ, NSH and Anaheim should've been contenders for ever...and don't kid yourselves, they were contenders to win a cup for multiple years

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
by your definition of nothing then McPhee would be a bad option for the Hawks as well...look at the absolute mess Lou left NJ in when he went to Toronto, then he went to NYI and hired Trotz, let Tavares walk and still built a team that is a consistent playoff team...Doug Wilson would be a fine GM candidate for this team and a good one at that

No not really. Doug Wilson has the Sharks in a terrible position and has not really done well since 2016. Lou won before he left and Wilson has not won. McPhee built that Caps team, Wilson has not done that.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
No not really.

solid rebuttal, 10/10, because BK says no not really that really means no not really...sure thing...McPhee never won a cup in Washington, they won a lot of games...how is what he did in WSH any different than what Wilson did with SJ for 10+ years?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Well, you can say Stan really doesn't have too much GM experience with the way he's handled things, so at worst it's more of the same.

As for his antics, this team needs a kick in the ass. Get rid of the filler and bring back a winner, I say.

I'm pretty sure Toews would come back if Babs was coach. The league is trending into bigger and tougher. The Hawks have a team full of floaters. Babs will get everything out of them or get rid of them.

No excuses

Your first paragraph is not true or accurate at all.

Babs is not as good of a coach are you are implying he is.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Should have jettisoned them when this story broke. Too close to the draft and free agency now to get new guys in if things get worse in the next 3 weeks.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Should have jettisoned them when this story broke. Too close to the draft and free agency now to get new guys in if things get worse in the next 3 weeks.

100%, more likely than not they would just be left with vacancies all summer...not sure what they would do about free agency, could just let Mark Kelley run the draft...maybe it doesn't matter what they do with regard to UFA because they shouldn't add meaningful contracts to books until a new gm is with team

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
solid rebuttal, 10/10, because BK says no not really that really means no not really...sure thing...McPhee never won a cup in Washington, they won a lot of games...how is what he did in WSH any different than what Wilson did with SJ for 10+ years?

My post was not complete so try to pull your panties out of your ass. Wilson is not a very good GM, look at his team now. There are much better options out there. This is what “No not really” means.

Sorry but Wilson is a shit choice.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I’d love to see us try and go with someone fresh and new.

However, if Bowman is fired because of this scandal you can pretty much expect the most vanilla and safe option.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
My post was not complete so try to pull your panties out of your ass. Wilson is not a very good GM, look at his team now. There are much better options out there. This is what “No not really” means.

Sorry but Wilson is a shit choice.

do you honestly believe SJ never had a team that could win a cup under Wilson...they were one of the top teams in the west for years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad