Speculation: Ian Mitchell

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
when this website last went down for maintenance the changes were absolutely horrendous

and it has very little to do with the double posting

after I type the message and hit post rely it takes so bloody long to post the damn thing its ridiculous.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
when this website last went down for maintenance the changes were absolutely horrendous

and it has very little to do with the double posting

after I type the message and hit post rely it takes so bloody long to post the damn thing its ridiculous.

Seriously. They’ve gotta do something about the long wait after clicking the reply button. And soon.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Seriously. They’ve gotta do something about the long wait after clicking the reply button. And soon.

Ya it is absolutely terrible. I will time it.

33.86 seconds as timed on my phone from the time I hit post reply till the time it posted...

I am not an IT genius by any stretch but even I know that is unacceptable from a time perspective...

Never used a site that took so long.

Last edited:
Reactions: bwana63

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015

33.86 seconds as timed on my phone from the time I hit post reply till the time it posted...

I am not an IT genius by any stretch but even I know that is unacceptable from a time perspective...

They are more worried about getting more pop ups on your screen.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

+1

Not interested in getting banned from another site, so am going to hold back. Needless to say, this platform's performance is poor. Upgrade? What upgrade?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
All excited about Mitchell and then the week's story on Chiclets was Perunovich signing to the Blues and will be a Makar Neidermayer type. Fuuuuuuuuu

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
All excited about Mitchell and then the week's story on Chiclets was Perunovich signing to the Blues and will be a Makar Neidermayer type. Fuuuuuuuuu
He's 5ft9, so there is real serious bust potential there.

And he doesn't really play the style the Blues play, so who knows if he'll ever stick there.

ColbyChaos

Sep 27, 2017
Will County
He's 5ft9, so there is real serious bust potential there.

And he doesn't really play the style the Blues play, so who knows if he'll ever stick there.

They also have the Faulk contract to deal with, sign Pietrangelo, Dunn, and their other RFAs the next two offseasons, he is going to be squeezed out at that point most likely.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
They also have the Faulk contract to deal with, sign Pietrangelo, Dunn, and their other RFAs the next two offseasons, he is going to be squeezed out at that point most likely.

I swear I remember reading somewhere that there is a good chance Pietrangelo ends up elsewhere.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I swear I remember reading somewhere that there is a good chance Pietrangelo ends up elsewhere.
Armstrong should be fired if he lets Pietrangelo walk.

You buyout Steen, trade Bozak and Perron or even Faulk before you cripple the defense like that.

I just can’t understand the logic of letting your number 1 defenseman walk. You want to close your cup contending years real quick, that’s how.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Armstrong should be fired if he lets Pietrangelo walk.

You buyout Steen, trade Bozak and Perron or even Faulk before you cripple the defense like that.

I just can’t understand the logic of letting your number 1 defenseman walk. You want to close your cup contending years real quick, that’s how.
If they think he's another Seabrook waiting to happen, it's the right move. And let's face it, bigger D are more likely to be a Seabrook in their 30s than a Pronger. 3 years from now letting Pietrangelo walk could seem like a genius move.

Would you have been upset if the Hawks let Seabrook walk in 2016 or traded him coming off of a cup in 2015? Of course not, everyone knew that was bad the moment that it was signed. Pietrangelo will be 30 this year so it's not a crazy move. It's more likely than not they got his best years.

Reactions: Pertti

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
If they think he's another Seabrook waiting to happen, it's the right move. And let's face it, bigger D are more likely to be a Seabrook in their 30s than a Pronger. 3 years from now letting Pietrangelo walk could seem like a genius move.

Would you have been upset if the Hawks let Seabrook walk in 2016 or traded him coming off of a cup in 2015? Of course not, everyone knew that was bad the moment that it was signed. Pietrangelo will be 30 this year so it's not a crazy move. It's more likely than not they got his best years.
Just don't sign players to monster contracts.

Seabrook was 8 years at $6,875,000 per year. If that were 8 years at $4,500,000 we wouldn't be complaining about it all the time.

The current cap hit would even be fine if it were at 6 years instead.

Just don't be irresponsible when handing out contracts.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad