Speculation: Ian Mitchell

Crow

May 19, 2014
There’s no hockey in the NHL presently either so how does this change anything?

I mean there is no rush. Obviously the season is postponed not yet canceled.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
He is in limbo like all the rest of hockey...OR he may decide to go back for his senior year next season to get a try at Anna Championship...Hawks would not like it.. But not a bad thing considering the logjamom defense ...Remember Seabs and CdH come back in next season.. plus we saw how well and what a difference Carlsson and Beaudin made to the puck movement upto our forwards and helpingnourvattack start in transition..Also Alec Regula also be competing for a spot f..Even if they traded Matta and or 4K or Murphy that still is a lot of dmen even without Mitchell..

After next season you have the expansion draft and we would lose a vet dman anyway ...probably..

So less cramped for Mitchell then.

If Mitchell does leave school to play next season as a pro then it really forcesxthe Hawkscinto rough decisions on roo many vet dmen that realky are not best suited to help our offense play like it should function..

A team of Seabrook Murphy DeHaan 4K and Matta and just 1 kid(Boqvist) is Not going to fuunction s well as adding all those faster quicker pmd types.And we will not necessarily have to win games 7-6 or 8-7 ...because If the puck gets to the o-zone a lot better then we spend less time in our d-zone trapped by really slow and not good puck moving dmen...we cannot carry 4 dmen of that type who are slow Ndcor not greatxat puck movement.

Maybe we can tolerate just 1 (has to be Seabs for contract reasons incl. His NMC and term ..but after that we want the faster better puck handling kids ).

We know what the Hawks stylemuist be to succeed...transition...faster Nmand better exits and better passes upto forwards who can leave the d-zone earlier and attack alit better as a result.

So a few of the slower poor puck handling dmen have got to go if not by next season...then by the one aftter and that ioen a spot for Mitchell ....THEN (2021/22 season).So now given what has happened with the NCAA season cancelled,maybe Mitchell just goes back for his Senior season..That of course opens up his possible free agency onAug 15, 2021in this scenario if we do not sign him after his Sr. Year .

So it opens a spot for Mitchell in 2021/22 season if they then decide to trade DeHaan then

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Sorry...for the typi...corrected it...I meant to originally type 'how well" not Howell. But smart people would have figured it out from the context....right?

Reactions: BuddyTheGoon

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Sorry...for the typi...corrected it...I meant to originally type 'how well" not Howell. But smart people would have figured it out from the context....right?

I very well maybe a dumb ass. Lots of football and drinking in my lifetime. But how should anyone realistically decipher what you type.
Send me that book please.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I just hope that we see Stan sing him to an ELC and sooner the better, the longer he goes without signing the more chance he pulls a KHAYES

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
That's fine (i.e., one's prerogative), but there isn't an iota of evidence that he won't sign. Not one. And there's a lot of evidence he will sign, some of it straight from the horse's mouth.

and how long ago did Mitchell say that...

I hope he signs with us but the longer that he does not the more the risk of him pulling a KHAYES goes up.

Its not like Chicago's play this year would do anything to increase his desire to sign here seeing the shit show the franchise is in. Lots of other teams out there that he could go to with a much, much better franchise situation as it relates to winning...

IF that is what drives Mitchell and you nor I know what makes Mitchell tick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad