Ian Mitchell

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
to be fair, none of us were really happy on this trade..you of course not withstanding..it still could level off next year if Schmaltz gives a f*** again on the ice when he returns.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

To be fair, I was not a huge fan of the trade when I thought it was one for one but was ok with it when Perlini was included. I thoughts Strome's skating was worse than it was because he looked nothing like he did in AZ when he was here. He looked meh to bad in AZ but yeah yeah it is AZ. I was excited to get Perlini.

Schmaltz's put up good number in AZ so lets not act like we got rid of a bad player. He is still a quality young player.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
well i was mentioning some weeks back that the Bhawks needs to pkg him for a trade. i was told that he would sign.

well since that didn't happen, i am back on trading him in a pkg.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
From Powers -

“I just felt that in some games I was a dominant player, and I thought in too many others I was just kind of existent. I want to be the best player on the ice every time and some games I was too conservative. I didn’t think I was a difference-maker in every single game. I wanted to make sure I was dominant at every game at this level before I was going to move on to the next level.”

This is what some of us have mentioned and I think it is HUGE that he realizes that. Self awareness is really important. Ian Mitchell realizes he is a important player but needs to dictate play more just like I realize I am an asshole and that I need to be play better with my internet friends and Musto.

“That should definitely not be any sort of issue at all,” Mitchell said. “That’s not what I’m trying to do. I just felt like coming back one more year at Denver to play a really key role, and I think we’re going to have a really great team too. I felt that was something that was really important to me. I really want to stress that I want to play for the Blackhawks, and by no way is this is my intention to go through that free agency loophole. They put a lot of faith in me and developed me a ton, the Blackhawks have. I want to honor that, and it’s a fantastic organization and I want to play for them for a long time.”

Everyone breathe.

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
From Powers -

This is what some of us have mentioned and I think it is HUGE that he realizes that. Self awareness is really important. Ian Mitchell realizes he is a important player but needs to dictate play more just like I realize I am an ******* and that I need to be play better with my internet friends and Musto.
thanks for that snippet of info.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
From Powers -

This is what some of us have mentioned and I think it is HUGE that he realizes that. Self awareness is really important. Ian Mitchell realizes he is a important player but needs to dictate play more just like I realize I am an ******* and that I need to be play better with my internet friends and Musto.
Mitchell is such a great kid
100c5d677cc28ea3f154c70d641f655b_meme-crying-gif-crying-gif-meme_620-340.gif

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
From Powers -

Everyone breathe.

Why does he need to stay in college to work on that stuff rather than working on it with the Blackhawks coaches in Rockford?

He'd be better off in the system rather than working with college coaches, no?

Reactions: Illinihockey

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Why does he need to stay in college to work on that stuff rather than working on it with the Blackhawks coaches in Rockford?

He'd be better off in the system rather than working with college coaches, no?

Because he also wants to take on a bigger role with his current team and win a title. I think that's about as (refreshingly) a clear answer you're ever going to get about anything from an athlete as Mitchell gives in his quote.

Could he have signed and developed as a pro next season? Sure. Is another year of college going to hurt or hinder his development? Not remotely, and an increased role with increased pressure can also be a developmental chip for him. He'll still be a pro d-man at 20...plenty young.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Yep, Musto keeps getting burned on his whole 100% certainty schtick.
Tbf everyone thought he was ready, including the Hawks. The way Mitchell phrases his response makes it seem like they were ready to sign him. He's the only one that doesn't believe in himself yet.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
What?

Honest questions.

Why is it better to work on his budding pro game with college coaches rather than the coaches in the Blackhawks system?

Denver is a top-end program and he will be able to get the training/instruction he needs there without buring a year on his deal. College coaches are not inferior.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Why are people taking shots at Musto...the kid didn’t sign, doesn’t mean he isn’t ready to play in the NHL...

Reactions: Rooh

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Because he also wants to take on a bigger role with his current team and win a title. I think that's about as (refreshingly) a clear answer you're ever going to get about anything from an athlete as Mitchell gives in his quote.

Could he have signed and developed as a pro next season? Sure. Is another year of college going to hurt or hinder his development? Not remotely, and an increased role with increased pressure can also be a developmental chip for him. He'll still be a pro d-man at 20...plenty young.

Interesting. I guess I'm only thinking about it from a developing as a pro stand point, which is probably me just being selfish and not thinking about how the kid is still human.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
It seems reasonable to think Boqvist may say or think those same things about being the guy at London next year.

However, that ohl benefit means they can test Boqvist out to start the year if he looks good in camp and preseason again

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Why are people taking shots at Musto...the kid didn’t sign, doesn’t mean he isn’t ready to play in the NHL...
If Mitchell himself doesn't think he's ready, wouldn't that mean he's probably not ready? I mean, parts of his game mean ready, but if his head doesn't think so I don't want him out there.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Tbf everyone thought he was ready, including the Hawks. The way Mitchell phrases his response makes it seem like they were ready to sign him. He's the only one that doesn't believe in himself yet.

Just because he gives everyone a hard time with his statements of certainty, and dismisses the chance that things may go opposite of how he believes they'll go.

Reactions: clydesdale line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad