Ian Mitchell

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
It's been a problem in all of the player discussion threads....everything goes back to the Nylander/Joki trade.
Like I said, I'd have rather kept Joki, traded the 2nd/3rd for Nylander and never acquired Shaw.

It's water under the bridge now, let's just hope that Shaw can get back on the ice and Nylander explodes in the stretch run.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Gotta disagree with Nylander vs Kahun part. Kahun was not going to make this team much longer because he couldn't score. Nyles is still a project. Colliton needs to keep being patient and make sure he gets coached, IMO.

I hope you are right, I am patient but it doesn’t look like he is improving, usually young guys show something that makes you think ok he’s on the right path. Dach for instance even tho he only had one point in 28 games you could see the flashes of brilliance here and there and the effort is there he works his butt off. I don’t know I don’t see the same with Nylander.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
I hope you are right, I am patient but it doesn’t look like he is improving, usually young guys show something that makes you think ok he’s on the right path. Dach for instance even tho he only had one point in 28 games you could see the flashes of brilliance here and there and the effort is there he works his butt off. I don’t know I don’t see the same with Nylander.
LOL

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I think that would be disappointing. We’d be looking at a number 3-4 at that point.

It would still be one of the best defenseman this franchise has developed in the last decade. Boqvist is already the best, Joki is the second best. There’s nobody else (there may be, but I want to be a bit hyperbolic)

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Gus became what he is after several seasons in Rockford. That is certainly the Hawks development and according to him JC had some to do with that.

Ya, I’ll concede Gus under that definition. Hawks are about to blow that development for nothing though, but that’s a separate discussion.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I think that would be disappointing. We’d be looking at a number 3-4 at that point.

I’m hoping he can be a 50+ point player with good defense. I wish they had a few more high end prospects on defense. They still need someone to pan out as a No. 1. Maybe Mitchell will keep progressing and become that player.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

Yeah, he and Mitchell are the two players that seem to have that upside. Still would like to see 1 or 2 more similar caliber prospects as nothing is guaranteed. And if they don’t end up developing a No. 1, the next best thing would be to have as strong of a 6 man unit as possible.

I would be happy to see them take a defender with the 1st. Someone that shoots left handed with upside. Wallinder is intriguing.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Hawks final game is April 4th. Frozen 4 is April 11th.

regionals are late March. If Denver loses before the frozen 4 we can get a Mitchell trial and potential playoff player. Not unprecedented.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I’m hoping he can be a 50+ point player with good defense. I wish they had a few more high end prospects on defense. They still need someone to pan out as a No. 1. Maybe Mitchell will keep progressing and become that player.
I don't know, it seems to me that Bo has made great strides in his game in quite a short time. Hopefully, that progress continues.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad