Markov Petry
Emelin Benn
Davidson
Hellp, Lehkonen ? Lol come on

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
All reports say Kovalchuk has zero interest in playing for any team other than the Rangers. As a Rangers fan I'm not happy about this. I hope Gorton gives up little for a 34 year old forward.

Why do a lot of free agents have NYR as a team they'd like to sign with? Good team along with living in NYC?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
All reports say Kovalchuk has zero interest in playing for any team other than the Rangers. As a Rangers fan I'm not happy about this. I hope Gorton gives up little for a 34 year old forward.

then he can wait till hes 35 :)

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
and why exactly are we going to trade him for nothing again?

Does Shero get a gold star from Bettman if he does?

Shero won't keep Kovalchuk from returning to the NHL. That's really really bad PR for him and NJ.

Shero isn't in a position to ask for anything worth more than a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

He literally has no ground to negotiate.

Anything you get is a bonus.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Shero won't keep Kovalchuk from returning to the NHL. That's really really bad PR for him and NJ.

Shero isn't in a position to ask for anything worth more than a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Yea all those disgraced Russian stars who leave the NHL to go play in the KHL and then want to come back when they feel like it will never sign with NJ again.

That would be a ****ing bummer. We cannot let that happen.

Instead, we should create a completely false narrative based on horrific logic that ignores everything being reported by the media, including direct quotes from Shero.

Welcome2Hell

Aug 9, 2010
NutleyNJ

If they wont get anything for him then they wont trade him. He can play for the decils to boost his value.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF

lol Kovy can go **** himself. I hope Shero puts the foot down. go where we send you or **** off back to russia.... AGAIN

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US

Lol, it's not bad PR for us at all, Kovalchuk left of his own volition, we certainly don't owe him anything.

Shero's entire directive is to do what's best for the Devils, not the other 30 teams or a player that isn't even part of our team anymore, as such i'm 100% certain he'll tell Kovalchuk to go pound sand in the KHL for another year if the best offer he gets is a mid-round pick from one of our direct competitors.

We're not in the business of strengthening rival teams with talented players unless it somehow benefits us as well, we made 9 picks last year, have 11 in the upcoming draft and another 9 in 2018, we don't need an extra third round pick that badly.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

What reports are those? It was suggested that he would want the Rangers, Islanders or Panthers because he has homes in the New York City area and here in Florida nothing has been suggested that he would only agree to the Rangers. If that's the case he can stay in Russia because i serious doubt that Ray Shero would deal him to the Rangers any ways.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
What reports are those? It was suggested that he would want the Rangers, Islanders or Panthers because he has homes in the New York City area and here in Florida nothing has been suggested that he would only agree to the Rangers. If that's the case he can stay in Russia because i serious doubt that Ray Shero would deal him to the Rangers any ways.

Yeah it's a bad case of telephone regarding Kovy on to the Rags

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey

Wow are you wrong on every point!
Shero will only do what's right for his team, not kovy or anyone else. Bad PR? the guy left in the middle of a contract, screwed the team basically up until now. Now he wants to come back and we should oblige him, no!
Shero can ask for the moon if he wants, he's in a position to do so. Will he? Who cares, he can!

He has all of the room to negotiate, he told kovy and his agent to go find a team. He did not restrict them or put any restrictions on anything. That's already negotiating!

This is not a limited NTC with 10 tens, yada yada, yada.
NJ owns his rights and if he wants to play next year in the NHL, he's going to have to follow the rules, the rules that are dictated by Shero.

In the end if Shero thinks that there is no market for him, he will decide whether it makes good sense fir his team.

There's lots of ground to stand on!

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

"all reports" aka Larry Brooks? :laugh:

good luck with that

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Shero has explicitly said that the deal also has to make sense for the devils. IE hes just not going to hand kovalchuk away

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
Kovalchuk can sign anywhere, and Shero will agree to the actual terms ($/yrs), but if the deal doesn't make sense for us, the Shero will shut it down. That's what he has said and thats what is going to happen.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Kovalchuk can sign anywhere, and Shero will agree to the actual terms ($/yrs), but if the deal doesn't make sense for us, the Shero will shut it down. That's what he has said and thats what is going to happen.

any proposal that doesn't include a cap dump from another team is a good proposal for NJ.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
One thing everyone knows about Kovalchuk is that he's in it for big money, big term contracts. Neither will happen if he comes in at 35+ and after a year-long vacation.

Steal Your Faceoff

Jan 14, 2016
NJ
These people who seem to think holding Kovy's rights is more of a problem than an asset are ridiculous. While there are some unknowns with his situation, I don't think it's a stretch to believe reports that several teams have interest in him and seeing how it's a weak UFA crop helps NJ's position as there isn't another player available with the potential to be as big of an offensive spark. Kovy has to be motivated by getting a legitimate shot at a cup so I don't think he wants to go the route of not returning next season as the time frame for achieving that goal would be diminished.

Steal Your Faceoff

Jan 14, 2016
NJ
One thing everyone knows about Kovalchuk is that he's in it for big money, big term contracts. Neither will happen if he comes in at 35+ and after a year-long vacation.

While I'm not saying he'll play for nothing but do you really think money is the motivation for why he wants to come back? The guy already has more money than he needs in his lifetime, he wants a cup.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
Vegas is in a better position to over Radulov and Kovalchuk more money than anyone else. I think it would be so good for the NHL if both those guys went there. They'll have a decent defence, probably MAF in net, if they can land a few high profile forwards, they'll be decent.

No kidding. They can put together a slightly above average defence core with the expansion and a slightly below average set of forwards.

Add in Kovy and Radulov?

Bazinga. Ovi will be begging to be traded there lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad