I think this is a playoff team if....

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Only way I think this team makes the playoffs is if Price goes back to his Hart level.

Not exactly likely, but I’d rather stack more prospects at this point anyway.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Please help me out, here. What's the context?

I know, explaining a joke doesn't have the same impact but at least it'll tell me what I missed. :sarcasm:
Apparently Brett Lernout reminds certain posters of Matt Damon. Perhaps they feel he has been stranded in the minors as Damond’s character was in Mars. Who knows ... Millennials make about as much sense as Bergevin’s trades.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
And every start of each season you expect a miracle.

A team with the worst centers and defense in the league is a recipe for the worst scenario possible. It's not a guess. It's logic.

So expecting your top players to play like top players is expecting a miracle? We clearly have different views on what miracles are.

Reactions: CoupeStanley

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
So expecting your top players to play like top players is expecting a miracle? We clearly have different views on what miracles are.

Oh please don't even try to act like mister rational. We know you to well now. You've been acting just like MB for a few years now. As in.. We are not that bad. We can actually surprise if every players over achieves and if we make the playoffs anything can happen. So in other words are contenders if every stars are aligned. You said the same thing last year too.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Oh please don't even try to act like mister rational. We know you to well now. You've been acting just like MB for a few years now. As in.. We are not that bad. We can actually surprise if every players over achieves and if we make the playoffs anything can happen. So in other words are contenders if every stars are aligned. You said the same thing last year too.

Again, no one needs to overachieve!

Just play as they're supposed to play and it starts in the net.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
If Price plays like a good no1 goalie...
If the veterans show the right commitment and lead the right way...
If Julien and coaching staff bring some change in the system...
If all the players give it all and work hard every shift, every game...
This underrated team will surprise a lot of people and will not only fight for the playoffs but will be a lot of fun to watch.

I always preferred the underdog role anyways, many players have breakout year potential on this roster and the future looks also very interesting, so to me it's an exciting time as a habs fan.

Reactions: Belial

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Dude! We generated more scoring chances last season than in 16/17 and 15/16! Just stop with your bias...

Oh gtfo Morty. My post had nothing to do with scoring chances. If you actually had a modicum of discernment, you'd know im talking about zone exits.

Price had two elite #1 Ds each and every time he had vezina nominations, that's not bias, it's a fact.

But is anybody surprised you're unable to understand this.

Now go troll someone else

Last edited:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Oh gtfo Morty. My post had nothing to do with scoring chances. If you actually had a modicum of discernment, you'd know im talking about zone exits.

Price had two elite #1 Ds each and every time he had vezina nominations, that's not bias, it's a fact.

But is anybody surprised you're unable to understand this.

Now go troll someone else **** ****

Can you actually debate something in good faith without throwing a tantrum?

What is your point here? Because our D was terrible apparently, Price was unable to do his job? Is that your point?

Reactions: CoupeStanley

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
:facepalm:

And what are the facts you brought up in your post?

Wasn't Price nominated for the Vezina the year PK was traded?

So you're saying Weber is not an elite #1 D

They say you should quit while you're ahead

Well, that was a long time ago im your case

Fact is Price was never in nomination for the Vezina without TWO #1Ds supporting him.

IT IS A FACT

Now gtfo troll

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
So you're saying Weber is not an elite #1 D

They say you should quit while you're ahead

Well, that was a long time ago im your case

Fact is Price was never in nomination for the Vezina without TWO #1Ds supporting him.

IT IS A FACT

Now gtfo troll

You're completely unable to debate in good faith.

Nothing but a troll

Here Belial, I'll save you the work, you're gonna come back with a typical strawman saying something like "oh I thought Weber wasnt good?"

I mean I could have easily go there because after reading this board Weber is clearly not a PMD and even less elite...

But this was not even my point this whole time, you still didn't answer my question, you think Price sucked because the D was terrible last season? Can you answer a simple question?

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
You're completely unable to debate in good faith.

Nothing but a troll
Man,
20180819_142252.gif

I dont want The mods To ban you because of him.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
If Price decides to win the Vezina.

Check his stats the Vezna season. I was surprised that Price won 37 games where the team scored 2 or less goals.

If Price can do that again then the habs will make the playoffs. I think between Price and Dustin that season the team had 51 games where they let in less than 2 goals and they won 41 of them.

If the Price can win 35 games by 2 goals or less i think they can pick up another 25-30 points in loser points, back up points, and points in games where they let in 3 or more goals.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Check his stats the Vezna season. I was surprised that Price won 37 games where the team scored 2 or less goals.

If Price can do that again then the habs will make the playoffs. I think between Price and Dustin that season the team had 51 games where they let in less than 2 goals and they won 41 of them.
Goal scoring across the league is trending upwards, habs goal scoring os trending downwards.

Even if Price is Hasek like we wont do shit.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I mean I could have easily go there because after reading this board Weber is clearly not a PMD and even less elite...

Lmao.. exactly the strawman I predicted.

Im not the board. This is your usual MO to escape an argument.

Most here will agree that Weber is (was, if done) #1 elite D.

Why would I answer your simple question?

You're the one who butt in and interjected in a conversation by bringing your usual baggage of imbecilities, and proclaiming that I only brought my bias instead of facts, when all I did was brought up a fact, not bias.

That initial reply you made was either completely ignorant or dishonest, and whether one or the other, you've shown time and time again that you cant debate in good faith.

And im pretty sure it's futile to reply as all of this is gonna fly over your head, like everything else that doesnt fit with your bias.

You are completely clueless

Last edited:

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Goal scoring across the league is trending upwards, habs goal scoring os trending downwards.

Even if Price is Hasek like we wont do ****.

Might be the case but the only way for the team to make the playoffs is for Price to have that same performance. He did it before so the question is can he do it again.

Its the only mathematical way I can see the habs making the playoffs because they aren't going to score 4 or more often. Price starts 65, lets in 2 or less in 45, wins 37 of those game. The rest will come from Nieme, loser points and the concessional game that the team manages to score 4 goals or more.

Its the only scenario that would lead this team to the playoffs. Question is does anyone think Price can return to his Vezna/Hart season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad