I think this is a playoff team if....

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I've laughed and made fun of too many Leafs fans for getting super excited too early, only to watch their team epically collapse and miss the playoffs. That's why, right now, I'd consider myself cautiously optimistic with a hard emphasis on cautiously.

This team has some dud games left in them as evidenced by the LA game. But the way they're playing right now is 100x better than anything I saw last year and maybe even the year before, just in terms of making plays and working together. I no longer have to turn the TV off if we let in a goal after the first period because it's pointless to watch the rest. These are encouraging signs, whether we keep playing well or fall short.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
So after 8 games 5-1-2 record, 1 loss in regulation and leading the Atlantic and East has anyone become a believer in this team?

Last year it was over by this time with the 1-6-1 start, only 1 win in 8 games.

I thought this team was going to come out the gate very poorly. I made a thread about the first 2 months and didn't see the habs having a good start. I especially though the first 8 games would see the habs MAYBE win against Detroit only.

This team is starting to make me believe. If they can keep it up until Weber comes back I don't see anything lower the WC spot.

We aren't out of October yet so at any moment the bottom can fall out. But they are starting to make me a believer in this team.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
No. Every team has good to great spells. Make this thread once we are in game 40 and we'll see if they are for real or not.

Reactions: montreal

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I knew they were a better team than posters on this board were saying. But too early yet to say they are playoff team. We'll see?? I suspect they will be somewhere in the middle by season's end.

Staying healthy generally plays a major role in a team's success

Reactions: montreal

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
So after 8 games 5-1-2 record, 1 loss in regulation and leading the Atlantic and East has anyone become a believer in this team?

Last year it was over by this time with the 1-6-1 start, only 1 win in 8 games.

I thought this team was going to come out the gate very poorly. I made a thread about the first 2 months and didn't see the habs having a good start. I especially though the first 8 games would see the habs MAYBE win against Detroit only.

This team is starting to make me believe. If they can keep it up until Weber comes back I don't see anything lower the WC spot.

We aren't out of October yet so at any moment the bottom can fall out. But they are starting to make me a believer in this team.

:facepalm:

No because I used to mock leaf fans for doing this after 5 or 10 games, your being rediculous

Hansman

Mar 18, 2013
Wild West
Sure is fun to watch the Habs so far this season,but I want to see where they are in the standings come Xmas.Like L.G. said Ive seen this movie before.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I wrote somewhere in this forum (I think it's this thread) that for the Habs to be able to be in the PO this year they will need

1- Carey Price going back being Price
2- That one of Domi or Kotkaniemi be able to make it as a good top 6 center
3- Reilly being able to take on a bigger role
4- Stay Healthy
5- The PP must be leathal and very effective
6- Playing at least .500 hockey until Weber's return

I have to admit that right now it's kind of the perfect storm. Which makes me believe it won't be that perfect all season long. Some area are not perfect, but all the boxes are checked since the starts of the season.

Reactions: teamfirst

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad