Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
So much garbage on this team

-Goodrow
-Trouba
-Lindgren
-Zib and Kreider (at least at 5 v 5)

Only good thing about this game is Laf having three points. Have him improve his shot next year and replace Mika on the PP with him

Weird the announcers said it’s them or Vegas with the best D group in the league

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
two way forward? he is a PP and 3 on 3 merchant. he has 8 EV goals. and his defense isn't selke level. Bergeron and Barkov are two way forwards not Mika.

Who cares about hits? Just means when Trouba is on the ice we generally don't have the puck.
He’s very underrated defensively. He’s good on draws. Yes, his goal scoring is alarming down 5 x 5, I can’t defend that, but this guy has been a gem most of his Ranger career. I don’t know why he doesn’t score anymore 5 x 5, I have no answers to that.

KennyWu

Oct 14, 2010
I don't think any objective person who understands the game can in good faith say the rangers are #1. We all watch a lot of hockey, FLA, COL, DAL, JETS, probably Vegas, Van, Bos and maybe maybe Toronto are a cut above.

Boston and Vegas got their collective dicks kicked in by Buffalo and the Islanders today.

Everyone needs to step off the ledge after a SO loss..

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
He’s very underrated defensively. He’s good on draws. Yes, his goal scoring is alarming down 5 x 5, I can’t defend that, but this guy has been a gem most of his Ranger career. I don’t know why he doesn’t score anymore 5 x 5, I have no answers to that.
Mika is great defensively, but he isn’t our 3rd or 4th line center. His job is to put the puck in the net or help others do so. He isn’t doing that.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Says a lot about this sport. None of it is good.

Man, you can be really annoyingly overdramatic...lol.

The Rangers haven't played like the best team in the leauge, sure....but most teams would kill for our goaltending and some of the talent we have ( a few ndividuals, but also capitializing on it as a team).

Lighten up francis...

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Boston and Vegas got their collective dicks kicked in by Buffalo and the Islanders today.

Everyone needs to step off the ledge after a SO loss..
Rangers lost to Ottawa. Shit happens, and the post you are replying to has nothing to do with tonight's game or even whatever their record will end up with when the regular season is over. This team is winning in spite of massive holes on the back of a world class line and good goaltending. Good for regular season points, not good for playoffs.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Gluten Free Breadman

Mar 9, 2011
ny
Great game by Laffy and his line. Igor was awesome. Fox unbelievable. Goodrow continues to suck. I like rempe and edsrroms game. Vesey wanted a goal but couldn't buy one. Kakko with some great plays. Defensive game was tough but that's what happens when the other team is good.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Zib is a big time player. He’s there best two way forward. He needs to score more, no denying that but he does a lot of things well. Do you realize that if Laviolette had to pick 10 players to play tomorrow, Trouba would be one of them. You realize that, right? He plays against the other teams best players, he hits everything in site and he’s a plus player.
I think we found another Webster. Does Mika have a brother?:sarcasm:

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
Zibanejad good, Goodrow good, Lindgren good, Trouba good.

Anything else i can post and be wrong about before I go back to using my brain?
I just don’t understand how anyone can root for a team that’s having this season and dislike major players.

Hockey night in Canada . You probably get a different feed. Point is the D is good . The team record proves that enough
Correct

As far as being number one, I don’t think they’re the best team. I think Florida, Dallas, Vegas and Colorado all deserve to be considered better and Carolina and Boston flip a coin.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Hockey night in Canada . You probably get a different feed. Point is the D is good . The team record proves that enough
I am currently in Canada and watched hnic, missed that comment. It was all Rempe all the time

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Zibanejad good, Goodrow good, Lindgren good, Trouba good.

Anything else i can post and be wrong about before I go back to using my brain?
If we replaced the latter three with players that were replacement level or even 1 standard deviation below average we'd be golden. But instead we have 3 plugs that are probably 2-3 standard deviations below average.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
The positive is, they have easy outs on Goodrow and Lindgren this summer, I just don’t trust them to do it, and I can’t even imagine them giving Lindgren an extension.

Reactions: Machinehead

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
Mika is great defensively, but he isn’t our 3rd or 4th line center. His job is to put the puck in the net or help others do so. He isn’t doing that.
Another fair point. I don’t know why he’s. not scoring goals 5 x 5, I can’t answer that

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Man, you can be really annoyingly overdramatic...lol.

The Rangers haven't played like the best team in the leauge, sure....but most teams would kill for our goaltending and some of the talent we have ( a few ndividuals, but also capitializing on it as a team).

Lighten up francis...
I'm not the one being annoying here. The Positivity Gestapo is so exhausting recently.

You can't even talk about the team playing poorly without "nuh uh!!!!!!"

It's not even like "well, we're getting points and hopefully they'll snap out of it." It's "NO THEY'RE NOT YOUR A IDIOT!!!!"

They're playing like shit. Over the 10 wins out of 12, and a few games before that, they're objectively playing like shit. It's not just ""fancy stats." Like, look at it. It's the eye test. They haven't been good in weeks.

If you want to make the case that sustained regular season success over a generation with poor underlying numbers is sustainable because the wins say it's sustainable, that's a separate discussion.

Over the last 12 games, they've been unwatchable. That they've won 10 of those game is just the way the dice landed. Sorry, it's not that crazy of a notion.

If you don't think they've been playing like shit since they came back from the ABS, you're lying. It's not a disagreement, it's lying.

If you want to take the stance -and people have- that you literally don't care if they play bad as long as they win, again, that's different. Don't tell me they didn't play bad just because they won or got a point or whatever. You're lying to people including yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad