Post-Game Talk: I’m not even mad

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I have no problem with him and I find myself agreeing with him a lot (maybe I'm an idiot haha) but he is a little arrogant so I can see how he rubs some people the wrong way. He's not wrong about Nurse however, he made a ton of mistakes last night albeit against the best line in hockey.
Hard to listen to Lowetide anymore because of him...to quote Stephen King "the emptier the head, the louder the mouth"

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Huge effort tonight.

I don’t care what anyone says, I don’t care about cap constraints or excuses - Holland owes it to Tippett and this group of players to get them some help. They’ve held up their end.
He’s got until Monday

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Our trade deadline is adding McDavid, Neal, Kassian and Klefbom.
Yup, if we're winning now, adding those 4 would definitely send this team to the top. This team is most certain to make a deep run. It would be stupid to dump assets now just to get some filler that will bolt after the season's done. Imagine unloading a 1st, Benson and Samorukov for Krieder, then team gets bounced in the first and you're left with no pick and you just gutted the prospect pool.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Are you just watching old Rock'em Sock'ems mixed with the NHL app highlights when you put your assessments together. This so nonsensical.
I was watching Pisani light it up in the playoffs while looking like Nygaard during the regular season where he could not buy a goal.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
I think we can all agree that Nurse had some weak moments last night, that are somewhat typical of his game in general. That being said, when Klef was out last year, and Nurse was playing ~25 minutes per night he was pretty great. He hasn't really been the PP QB all year and hasn't had a ton of 3 on 3 time either. I'm willing to give him a bit of slack.

a big part of our fall last year was cause Nurse was covering Klef, you can like the player and still agree he simply isnt as good as Klef and has no where near the same impact on the game

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
It has become the nature of our fan base to focus on the negative. The Bruins goal was on Yammimoto not picking up his guy and Bear not being ready.....but who actually cares? Aside from the goal Yammo and Bear played an amazing game(Bear was instrumental in the make up goal).
Our team held themselves in a game they had no business being in. The work ethic of this team last night was damn inspirational(so much so that the fans gave them a standing O for going to OT). Last night I became a believer. This team deserves the playoffs and I pity the first round team they have to play against.

The bruins goal was due to Nurse rushing one side when all he had to do was stay in the middle, he is reactionary and his bad decision making is his biggest downfall and its very hard to fix

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
The bruins goal was due to Nurse rushing one side when all he had to do was stay in the middle, he is reactionary and his bad decision making is his biggest downfall and its very hard to fix

And he probably saved a goal earlier. Every player in the league makes mistakes. Nurse probably played 5 minutes too long last night. Is that his fault too?

This fanbase is cancerous in its ability to shread players confidence. We need players willing to try to make plays out there. If they are scared to play we won't win.

Reactions: Austerlitz

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
I was watching Pisani light it up in the playoffs while looking like Nygaard during the regular season where he could not buy a goal.

Oh Fernando, what an amazing playoff run that was for him that year. I could honestly see Archibald being that guy come playoff time

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
And he probably saved a goal earlier. Every player in the league makes mistakes. Nurse probably played 5 minutes too long last night. Is that his fault too?

This fanbase is cancerous in its ability to shread players confidence. We need players willing to try to make plays out there. If they are scared to play we won't win.

its somehow cancerous to point out when a player makes a mistake ?

and no its not his fault at all, but maybe dont ask for 8 when ur worth 5

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017

Exactly, yes Nurse is a good defensemen and plays a role on this team. But he and Bear are both going to be leaned on ALOT in Klefbom’s absence. I had no problem with the game last night, we took the #1 team in the league to OT and lost by one goal. As a fan, if you aren’t happy with that considering the roster we iced, I’m not sure what to say lol.
Every player in the league makes mistakes but according to this board you’d think Nurse was the only one. I also hope the people who undervalue Klefbom take note what happens if he isn’t in the lineup playing 25-30 minutes a night. I don’t understand the hate for him either, despite his injury history, the guy is the best defensemen we’ve had since pronger.

Reactions: TB12 and oilynutz

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019

Nurse was actually where he was supposed to be. Bear or Yammo did not take the man coming up the middle. That agressive play on the passer only works when the forwards come back. That one was not on Nurse at all.

He stays in the middle and the player has a clear path to the net. Both Yammo and Bear got beat, but those things happen in games.

These boys played hard, took the best team in the league to OT while putting out an AHL roster. Anyone complaining about anything right now should take a long look in the mirror and ask themselves if they are a fan of the game or if they are fans of complaining.

- 1st in the Pacific
- Best player in the world out
- our 1A defender out
- rest of the top line out

Still getting points, still pushing for playoffs.

Reactions: oilynutz

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
its somehow cancerous to point out when a player makes a mistake ?

and no its not his fault at all, but maybe dont ask for 8 when ur worth 5

Or maybe let the hockey people figure out what a player is worth and enjoy the game?

Do you watch contracts or hockey?

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
Nurse was actually where he was supposed to be. Bear or Yammo did not take the man coming up the middle. That agressive play on the passer only works when the forwards come back. That one was not on Nurse at all.

He stays in the middle and the player has a clear path to the net. Both Yammo and Bear got beat, but those things happen in games.

These boys played hard, took the best team in the league to OT while putting out an AHL roster. Anyone complaining about anything right now should take a long look in the mirror and ask themselves if they are a fan of the game or if they are fans of complaining.

- 1st in the Pacific
- Best player in the world out
- our 1A defender out
- rest of the top line out

Still getting points, still pushing for playoffs.

u were crying and screaming about trading Klef not too long ago, took one game of Nurse playing his role to shut u up. Don't tell others what makes a true fan, very lowe of you ;)

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Exactly, yes Nurse is a good defensemen and plays a role on this team. But he and Bear are both going to be leaned on ALOT in Klefbom’s absence. I had no problem with the game last night, we took the #1 team in the league to OT and lost by one goal. As a fan, if you aren’t happy with that considering the roster we iced, I’m not sure what to say lol.
Every player in the league makes mistakes but according to this board you’d think Nurse was the only one. I also hope the people who undervalue Klefbom take note what happens if he isn’t in the lineup playing 25-30 minutes a night. I don’t understand the hate for him either, despite his injury history, the guy is the best defensemen we’ve had since pronger.

My issues with Klefbom was never his play, the guy is very good(albeit I still feel overrated here but that is opinion not fact), my issues is the constant injury parade for him. Having said that I think him and Nurse could benefit from less ice time. Give the top unit PP time to Bear, he might be our most effective offensive puck mover plus adding a RHS to the top unit gives even more options. Klefbom and Nurse's strengths and weaknesses show up on the PP. Klef is a better passer, Nurse is better at holding the line. Bear is good at both plus he has a good shot.......although we do have a young guy up now that could really push the issue if given a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad