Post-Game Talk: I’m not even mad

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
u were crying and screaming about trading Klef not too long ago, took one game of Nurse playing his role to shut u up. Don't tell others what makes a true fan, very lowe of you ;)

I sure was hard on Klefbom. And honestly if you had not noticed my opinion for critiquing players has changed a lot. My issues with Klefbom were never with his play, I stated that I feel he was overrated in his role on the PP and by the fan base and that he gets hurt too much.

Nurse did fine in his role, played 1/2 hour and was a major part of a pk that shut down the 2nd best pk in the league 7 times.

I have not "shut up" about anyting, mearly changed my perspective. Fact is is that this team iced an AHL calibre line up and took the best team in the league to the limit. I do not see any shame at all.

Did Nurse make mistakes? Yes. Did Nurse prevent goals? Yep.

You are correct though, it is not right of me to tell you how to enjoy this team, for that I do apologize.

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
its somehow cancerous to point out when a player makes a mistake ?

and no its not his fault at all, but maybe dont ask for 8 when ur worth 5

Having preconceived notions about a players IQ level and then bringing that up everytime he makes a mistake is cancerous.

Your trying to build on that narrative

Reactions: ImmuneEH

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
My issues with Klefbom was never his play, the guy is very good(albeit I still feel overrated here but that is opinion not fact), my issues is the constant injury parade for him. Having said that I think him and Nurse could benefit from less ice time. Give the top unit PP time to Bear, he might be our most effective offensive puck mover plus adding a RHS to the top unit gives even more options. Klefbom and Nurse's strengths and weaknesses show up on the PP. Klef is a better passer, Nurse is better at holding the line. Bear is good at both plus he has a good shot.......although we do have a young guy up now that could really push the issue if given a shot.

I would also like to see Bear on the PP myself

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Nurse made one blatant mistake all night, where he got caught by Coyle forchecking

The rest of the game was pretty beastly from him to be honest.

Do not worry about rushing to the defense of a player, haters will hate him forever.
The reality of the situation here is that we need both him and Klefbom. And we need to cut back on both their ice time.

Reactions: bone and LTIR

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Do not worry about rushing to the defense of a player, haters will hate him forever.
The reality of the situation here is that we need both him and Klefbom. And we need to cut back on both their ice time.

The half of both is greater then the whole of either.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
The half of both is greater then the whole of either.

Yep, and that is where my perspective changed. I can be a little thick sometimes but without either in the line up the other one gets overplayed.

I do love the 1A and 1B options, and Bear is quickly becoming 1C.
I thought Jones had an alirght game as well.
Klefbom's future partner is up right now too, Bouchard is custom made for Klefbom.

Nurse/Bear
Klefbom/Bouchard

Once that top four is ready, we will be contenders for years.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Gotta give credit to Rask in net for the Bruins as well... he had a hell of a game and if 1 more could have squeaked through him... obviously 2 pts would have been in the bag.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
A BIG reason we got a point last night was Smith, and we can't rely on that. Really hoping for speedy recoveries here.

Agree over the long term, but in this injury depleted window of 2-3 weeks, you almost have to lean on goaltending bailing you out a little extra.

And overall defensively, I think we've been good.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
A BIG reason we got a point last night was Smith, and we can't rely on that. Really hoping for speedy recoveries here.
Boston got good goaltending as well. Both teams did. The Bruins owned the game early but the Oilers came on and pressured Boston. Pretty good performance considering who we are missing and that the Bruins are a totally built out squad in their peak phase. We're still needing to add some pieces.

calderkids

Feb 8, 2020
Yup, if we're winning now, adding those 4 would definitely send this team to the top. This team is most certain to make a deep run. It would be stupid to dump assets now just to get some filler that will bolt after the season's done. Imagine unloading a 1st, Benson and Samorukov for Krieder, then team gets bounced in the first and you're left with no pick and you just gutted the prospect pool.
As a Nuck fan I have to admit this recent stretch has been great for you guys, but I think you need to be buyers. Some of your worst hockey was when you had a healthy team so saying them coming back will push you over the top may backfire. Both our teams have exceeded expectations and as someone who hates the Flames I want us both to be laughing at that city come April. Drai has been simply fantastic but like last night if he's not scoring or dishing things get tight pretty fast, same for us if Marky is human we tend to overplay on those nights making things worse.

Adding top titty was a great move by Benning just wish Brock, Leivo and Ferland were healthy, would have been a really strong top 9. But we still lead the league in 40 points or more players but I would be fine with giving up a demko or Hoglander if it got us a top 4 RHD.
I think you guys should be thinking the same way, having a bunch of good prospects is great but in reality most don't pan out and usually not at the same time. Our franchises have sucked for awhile now and this season has been so intense, flip flopping from 1st to 6th depending on the day and actually score board watching or actually watching out of market games because they actually mean something, so much better then our yearly prospect watching, or going on a lottery sim site.

Just my 2 cents, cheers and man it would be so much fun to play head to head in round 1 or 2.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Nurse made one blatant mistake all night, where he got caught by Coyle forchecking

The rest of the game was pretty beastly from him to be honest.

I am a big Nurse fan and also think the board is way too hard on him... that being said he was uncomfortable all night last night. Lots of missed passes and failed clearing attempts that aren't typical for him. He made a lot of minor mistakes, unfortunately his big mistake lead to a goal against. That's 3 on 3 for you.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
a big part of our fall last year was cause Nurse was covering Klef, you can like the player and still agree he simply isnt as good as Klef and has no where near the same impact on the game
We fell because we had no depth offensively or defensively and yes because we lost Klefbom. We have depth this year

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

Jesus, the end of that video.

WdXdS8J.gif

Reactions: snag

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
We fell because we had no depth offensively or defensively and yes because we lost Klefbom. We have depth this year

Last year Nurse did his part, we lacked depth to cover the rest.
Cannot look at injuries in a vaccuum like that, it is not as simple as " Klef is out so Nurse has to make up for his produciton. Think about that for a minute. In order for Nurse to cover say Klefbom's 40 points someone else will have to make up for Nurse's 30ish points, or Nurse would have to get 70pts in which case he would deserve 12 million a year.

McDavid is out so everyone has to carry a load, not just Draisitl. Exact same situation.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Disappointed we lost of course but this was the best team effort the club has shown all season. What we’ve seen from these guys since McDavid went down is exactly what I hoped we’d see. There has been much more focus and attention to defensive detail. The team has stopped being a turnover machine everywhere on the ice. I hope they continue to play the same way after Connor comes back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad