Post-Game Talk: I’m not even mad

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Last year Nurse did his part, we lacked depth to cover the rest.
Cannot look at injuries in a vaccuum like that, it is not as simple as " Klef is out so Nurse has to make up for his produciton. Think about that for a minute. In order for Nurse to cover say Klefbom's 40 points someone else will have to make up for Nurse's 30ish points, or Nurse would have to get 70pts in which case he would deserve 12 million a year.

McDavid is out so everyone has to carry a load, not just Draisitl. Exact same situation.
I’m agreeing with you lol. I’m one of the biggest Nurse fans on this website

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
As a Nuck fan I have to admit this recent stretch has been great for you guys, but I think you need to be buyers. Some of your worst hockey was when you had a healthy team so saying them coming back will push you over the top may backfire. Both our teams have exceeded expectations and as someone who hates the Flames I want us both to be laughing at that city come April. Drai has been simply fantastic but like last night if he's not scoring or dishing things get tight pretty fast, same for us if Marky is human we tend to overplay on those nights making things worse.

Adding top titty was a great move by Benning just wish Brock, Leivo and Ferland were healthy, would have been a really strong top 9. But we still lead the league in 40 points or more players but I would be fine with giving up a demko or Hoglander if it got us a top 4 RHD.
I think you guys should be thinking the same way, having a bunch of good prospects is great but in reality most don't pan out and usually not at the same time. Our franchises have sucked for awhile now and this season has been so intense, flip flopping from 1st to 6th depending on the day and actually score board watching or actually watching out of market games because they actually mean something, so much better then our yearly prospect watching, or going on a lottery sim site.

Just my 2 cents, cheers and man it would be so much fun to play head to head in round 1 or 2.
It's not always the right move to be a buyer. It depends on who is out there and what is the cap hit. You are right, we played quite bad as a healthy team but teams go through slumps. Even Crosby and Malkins of the world go through slumps. The playoffs is not about who is adding the most firepower. It never worked for the Sharks adding Evander Kane before the deadline and Karlsson. If it does not succeed, keep adding, that's why the sharks are where they are now, crap prospect pool with no future. Holland does not need to be an idiot and go out adding this and that.

I don't see how Toffoli will help boost the canucks. He's a blast from the past. The only time it really did work was when the oilers really needed a goalie and added Roloson, Spacek, Samsonov and Tarnstrom. We don't need a goalie and we sure don't need a Spacek or Samsonov at this point. It's not worth dumping assets for lower tier players. If a Doughty was available with salary retained, I'd explore that option, but nothing in the trade market is exciting me. What this team needs is more forecheckers and relentless players like Jaden Schwarts or Jake Debrusk, neither of whom is available.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
2/3 of the day has been conference calls and reviewing documentation...it's a fortunate trade-off :)
Hahahaha fair enough!!! Half my office is out today so it’s been a pretty easy day. Would much rather be at home with a beer in hand, but that will come tomorrow night when the oilers play minnesota!

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Oh Fernando, what an amazing playoff run that was for him that year. I could honestly see Archibald being that guy come playoff time
Every year there is a Chris Kontos and John Druce in the playoffs. That's why I don't see the point of adding. Just imagine some chump like Alex Tuch or Cody Eakin from the Vegas getting more points like McDavid. Shit like this always happens.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
nature-841424_640.jpg

calderkids

Feb 8, 2020
It's not always the right move to be a buyer. It depends on who is out there and what is the cap hit. You are right, we played quite bad as a healthy team but teams go through slumps. Even Crosby and Malkins of the world go through slumps. The playoffs is not about who is adding the most firepower. It never worked for the Sharks adding Evander Kane before the deadline and Karlsson. If it does not succeed, keep adding, that's why the sharks are where they are now, crap prospect pool with no future. Holland does not need to be an idiot and go out adding this and that.

I don't see how Toffoli will help boost the canucks. He's a blast from the past. The only time it really did work was when the oilers really needed a goalie and added Roloson, Spacek, Samsonov and Tarnstrom. We don't need a goalie and we sure don't need a Spacek or Samsonov at this point. It's not worth dumping assets for lower tier players. If a Doughty was available with salary retained, I'd explore that option, but nothing in the trade market is exciting me. What this team needs is more forecheckers and relentless players like Jaden Schwarts or Jake Debrusk, neither of whom is available.
I agree you don't make a deal just to make a deal but if you can add a Tatar a player that fits a need you sometimes need to pull the trigger. Look at JT miller, Benning got blasted for that deal but It has helped to open the window a lot sooner. As for Toffoli, he had a down year for his standards last year but is having a good bounce back year is in his prime and is a big physical top 6 winger. Giving up Madden was an easy choice since the brass saw him as a winger who is at least 3 years away and right now is behind Podz and Hoglander and maybe even Kole Lind.

Don't get me wrong McDavid is the best player in the world and getting him and Klef back can only make things better, but if Drai goes into a slump like he did when this board was ready to hang him, that's gonna effect RNH and Yammo because Drai drives the bus on that line.
You guys are really deep at D prospects and if losing anyone but Bouchard or trading a 1st gets you someone that maybe has some term and will be a fixture with #97(give the guy some bloody decent wingers lol) you gotta do it. It doesn't have to be a rental, a guy like Rakell maybe can be had or someone of that ilk could be that piece that has the same effect as what JT has been for us.

From an outsider's POV, it seems like you fixed the 2nd line but took away from the 1st line to do it, I could be wrong but it seems like without the PP this team would be struggling a bit.

People say our teams benefit from a weak division yet we have 5 teams in a playoff spot every game is huge and inter-divisional games are all gonna be blood baths with I'm guessing all being buyers trying to load up.
That being said you guys know what's what more then me, I just think both clubs are at that point where the emphasis should be about now but obviously nothing crippling but losing a 1st and or a Broberg isn't going to gut things long term. Cheers

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Jones had an excellent game.

63% Corsi for confirms the eye test. Might have been the best game I’ve ever seen from Jones. He looked like a legit NHLer.

Nurse got caved on the analytics tonight which pretty much sums up the eye test with him. What an awful game, I expect him to bounce back and come out flying next game.
I can't believe I'm saying this but it seems like Jones is blossoming into a top 4 defender. I thought he'd be a bottom 6 guy at best but I've been very pleased with him. He should have a really solid sophomore season.

Reactions: LaGu and McFuhryous

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
What a game, what a battle! Love how Tippett can make an AHL team play to their strengths and have a chance to win against any team. Loved how hard they fought for each other. Smith with yet another outstanding effort. Jones looked great and really stood out in a good way. Even with a bunch of mistakes, they had a 50/50 chance of winning that game. If that puck doesn't flub on Yam in OT that 2nd point is ours.

The Nurse hate in this thread is disgusting. He played just under 30 minutes against the top team in the NHL, mostly against the top line in the NHL, the 2nd best PP in the NHL who had 7 opportunities (and scored and none) and still played a tough and mean game. Anyone who came near the net felt it. The Bruins play a big boy game, and no one stood up to Nurse. The guy was an absolute force. He made one mistake which led to a goal against. Shame it was in OT. The hate for this player needs to stop.

Great game Bruins. I look forward to meeting you int he finals this year!

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
What a game, what a battle! Love how Tippett can make an AHL team play to their strengths and have a chance to win against any team. Loved how hard they fought for each other. Smith with yet another outstanding effort. Jones looked great and really stood out in a good way. Even with a bunch of mistakes, they had a 50/50 chance of winning that game. If that puck doesn't flub on Yam in OT that 2nd point is ours.

The Nurse hate in this thread is disgusting. He played just under 30 minutes against the top team in the NHL, mostly against the top line in the NHL, the 2nd best PP in the NHL who had 7 opportunities (and scored and none) and still played a tough and mean game. Anyone who came near the net felt it. The Bruins play a big boy game, and no one stood up to Nurse. The guy was an absolute force. He made one mistake which led to a goal against. Shame it was in OT. The hate for this player needs to stop.

Great game Bruins. I look forward to meeting you int he finals this year!
A 1990 rematch? That would be dope!

Reactions: dssource

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->