Proposal: Hypothetical: Jonathan Drouin's agent goes to Kent Hughes and offers a 1yr extension at league min. Do you accept it?

Re-sign J. Drouin to a 750,000 NMC contract?

• Yes

Votes: 70 19.3%
  • No

Votes: 293 80.7%

• Total voters

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
6 years of nothing...............and Mr Zuki refuses to admit, Drouin is absolute $hit as a player............
Each year this clown played with the habs, he got worse...........and did nothing about it but talk, and talk and talk some more.............
Great guy, who collected a paycheque, he did NOT deserve to get in the first place..............a Brutal hockey career, and it is always someone else;s fault......never on JD.
It's going to be really amusing this summer when none of the 32 NHL teams offers him a contract. Zuki might explode.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Can you take the time to read what i was quoting because your question is completely out of context
Man, everything you say is out of context... always! NHL contracts should given based on STATS and PRODUCTION. Drouon doesn't produce and has career long shit stats. It's over. Move on. You care more aout this than he does.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Hater? You need to evaluate what you are defending here.
Answer me ONE question Mr Zuki......................If Drouin was born in Alberta or Ontario, would you be a FANBOY of the Star They Call Drouin?
Honest answer now...................please feel free to put your answer in english or french......even though this is an english site..............
The guy just comes on here, and spews hate on anyone who dares criticize any franco player....

It's a joke really................
I like Suzuki, i really like Caufield, Monahan, Guhle, Dach a lot, Xhekaj, Slafkosky, Kovacevic and Harris, only because they are francos :neener:.

I liked Danault's skills to face the best opposite players, i like a part of Drouin's game , he makes interesting passes or plays sometime, but of course , he also floats. He was unlucky with all the injuries and surgeries he got. Confidence isn't there anymore, but i prefer to see a part time skilled player to a puck dropper or a player like Gallagher even if he works hard .

Now if you want to play the cards of Franco/ Anglos, may i suggest you to go in front of a mirror and ask yourself If Drouin or Danault were born in Alberta or Ontario, would you be such a hater ? For one post about Gallagher, or Armia, or anyone else that play under the expectations , you do 10 posts about Drouin. You did the same for years with Danault ...what a coincidence

I hope one day you will find happiness, love and serenity. You then won't need to give shit to other people

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
It's going to be really amusing this summer when none of the 32 NHL teams offers him a contract. Zuki might explode.
:laugh: you will be deceived because i won't care . To me hockey isn't that important and i don't follow the career of former Habs , even if sometime i will just give a look to their stats. I am not worry about the future of his career, he's already richer than 95% of the population

People here think that i am a big fan of Drouin, but they are completely wrong. I just don't accept the treatments or insults he receives day after day

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I like Suzuki, i really like Caufield, Monahan, Guhle, Dach a lot, Xhekaj, Slafkosky, Kovacevic and Harris, only because they are francos :neener:.

I liked Danault's skills to face the best opposite players, i like a part of Drouin's game , he makes interesting passes or plays sometime, but of course , he also floats. He was unlucky with all the injuries and surgeries he got. Confidence isn't there anymore, but i prefer to see a part time skilled player to a puck dropper or a player like Gallagher even if he works hard .

Now if you want to play the cards of Franco/ Anglos, may i suggest you to go in front of a mirror and ask yourself If Drouin or Danault were born in Alberta or Ontario, would you be such a hater ? For one post about Gallagher, or Armia, or anyone else that play under the expectations , you do 10 posts about Drouin. You did the same for years with Danault ...what a coincidence

I hope one day you will find happiness, love and serenity. You then won't need to give shit to other people
Unlike YOU..................it doesn't matter where a kid is born, I cheer for the Habs.
You are the one who is not being honest...............and should use your mirror. I call out all the lazy players, which is why Drouin is a target............I call out me me me players, which is why Danault was a target....Growing up and watching the Habs, Lemaire, Cournoyer and Lafleur and Dryden were my favorite payers so you can shove your theory you know where.
You have ZERO credibility with me....................no worries, your boy is on his way to the Land of Oz very soon, I hope he can find what he is looking for there.
Cheers.

• Haha
Reactions: ZUKI

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Confidence isn't there anymore, but i prefer to see a part time skilled player to a puck dropper or a player like Gallagher even if he works hard .
The issue, though, is that the Habs are stuck with Gallagher due to his contract, which is currently unmovable. It's similar with Armia and probably Hoffman. Drouin and Dadanov are both UFAs this summer, so they are easy to dump. There is lots of dead wood on this roster, and those two (along with Byron) will be the first to go because their contracts make it possible.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
This thread shouldn't started. Drouin suffered from depression, we never knew what exactly the nature of his mental illness but after seeing play this year I think we should just leave him alone and wait until he leaves Montréal. I'm not really interrested where he will play next season. I think the best fit for him is the Swiss league. I hope it will not be another nhl team. I doubt any team will take him.

Having to read again and again post about him is embarrasing and unconfortable. I just want to forget he played for us, erase that from my memory. He's been an easy target for all those who wants to rant about anyone. It's not that much about him but I guess his family is affected by all that negative talk.

There will a time to turn the chapter page named 'Drouin'.

Don't act as if the criticism was unwarranted.

Drouin is not responsible for the lofty expectations hefted upon him, not responsible for his injuries (that we know of) and not responsible for the manner in which he was acquired, but he sure as hell is responsible for his lackadaisical play, considering all the opportunities he was given.

If he was an easy target, he's partly responsible of that. It's partly about him and partly about a clown.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Tampa had cap issues and an expansion draft to deal with. Fans will ignore that and say they were desperate to trade him. Not really

Where's the logic here. You're the one ignoring those things if you think they weren't hard pressed to trade him. You also fail to mention and ignore that his ELC had ended and would command a raise, so maybe stop acting like a ErikaKostitsyn and realize you're no better.

-Tampa had cap issues
-Expansion draft slots problem
-Drouin needed a hefty raise on a new contract

All of these point to Tampa being desperate.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Roy, Pierre Turgeon for Corson, Gomez. It was soooooo hard for me to find

Gomez was a better trade. He was central to our run and he had great chemistry with Markov, but he only got to play one season with him. We traded McDonagh when we had other young defenders coming, including Subban, whereas we only had Mete coming in when we traded Sergachev.

Reactions: zeeto and ArtPeur

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Where's the logic here. You're the one ignoring those things if you think they weren't hard pressed to trade him. You also fail to mention and ignore that his ELC had ended and would command a raise, so maybe stop acting like a ErikaKostitsyn and realize you're no better.

-Tampa had cap issues
-Expansion draft slots problem
-Drouin needed a hefty raise on a new contract

All of these point to Tampa being desperate.

Not really desperate cause they had an out with Drouin. At that moment in time, he was in good development. Not great but good. RFA coming out of his ELC and had a good playoffs at age 20 and a good season at age 21 with 52 pts I believe. It's not the same as them having to take on Seabrook to move Johnson a few years later.

Everyone new he was a soft player but the idea was he as gifted offensively and had great skating. Turns out he got lazy and complacent after he got his contract.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Not really desperate cause they had an out with Drouin. At that moment in time, he was in good development. Not great but good. RFA coming out of his ELC and had a good playoffs at age 20 and a good season at age 21 with 52 pts I believe.

Everyone new he was a soft player but the idea was he as gifted offensively and had great skating. Turns out he got lazy and complacent after he got his contract.

You don't get it.

The things you stated are arguments to say they were desperate and you state those who say they were desperate are ignoring those things.

It makes zero sense.

They had no out. The out was trading him while they couldn't hold on to him. That is the very definition most people would have of a desperate trade.

Bergevin got completely fleeced over wanting to add a French talent (fully admitted two years later) when he was supposed to have the upper hand.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
More than a full calendar year since he last scored. That fact should end this thread.

Come on man. I'm a Drouin critic as much as the next guy, but tgis is far from the same kind of sequence as Gomez and Danault.

He's played 22 games this year

Do you know how many games we add if we count the full calendar year?

7 games

0 goals in 29 games.

It's a bit unfair, bud

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Come on man. I'm a Drouin critic as much as the next guy, but tgis is far from the same kind of sequence as Gomez and Danault.

He's played 22 games this year

Do you know how many games we add if we count the full calendar year?

7 games

0 goals in 29 games.

It's a bit unfair, bud
I see your point; then again he has never once played a full season. And has just 15 goals in his last four combined seasons. All of which were shortened because the guy is always injured. Another reason not to sign him.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I see your point; then again he has never once played a full season. And has just 15 goals in his last four combined seasons. All of which were shortened because the guy is always injured. Another reason not to sign him.

Yeah, I get that.

I just find that a 1 year / 750k no-nmc, no-ntc Drouin is an almost no cost gamble for a sell off at next year's TDL. There will be enough space on the contract list for 8 months of Drouin (july to march) and gotta figure there will be plenty of space on the lineup.

Also have to consider a 750k would remove any pressure and expectations on Drouin. That kind of freedom might give Drouin some wings.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Yeah, I get that.

I just find that a 1 year / 750k no-nmc, no-ntc Drouin is an almost no cost gamble for a sell off at next year's TDL. There will be enough space on the contract list for 8 months of Drouin (july to march) and gotta figure there will be plenty of space on the lineup.

Also have to consider a 750k would remove any pressure and expectations on Drouin. That kind of freedom might give Drouin some wings.
Wouldn't a NMC/NTC mean we can't move him at deadline?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad